WakeDoc    471
Mine is a 2003 Cali build. I have replaced 70% or so of the interior. It's just little stuff that sucks. Also there is no raw water shut off. Every other boat I have seen, has one.

I thought by law going back a ways they had to have one.

duffymahoney    10

Well a cop boat has never looked for one:)

WakeDoc    471

Talking about the Coast Guard regulations they must build by.

duffymahoney    10

I know I was kidding. Can't wait to try all my new mods. I will do a thread on my dual bow sacs and also my new FAE. I am changing mine to a angled install. I get wash on the port wave because of water hitting the elbow. My new plate and fae will look like this.

post-350-1267815049_thumb.jpg

Edited by duffymahoney

h20king    794

duffy shaft seal is easy at this point simply remove trans coupler then old packing slide on net one run water hose to it and ta da your done after the coupler is reinstalled

duffymahoney    10

What are the advantages? This type has seemed to work well for me.

h20king    794

no water in the boat and less friction on the shaft

duffymahoney    10

I don't think it's on the list of things to do this season. I will keep doing research. Thanks, I will post pictures of the install. V-drive is on a freight truck as we speak.

Oldwakedude    0
Good Job Duffy... :surfing2: , another trick it to put a trash bag around something like this, tape the end up and then use tape to secure the bag tightly to what you are removing. Then when you are removing it you have less chance of getting oil on something. I do the something similar when changing the oil filter, when you unscrew the filter drop it into a zip lock bag with some paper towels in it, zip it closed, clean anything that needs it and remove it from the boat without fear of oil getting on something. Where was your boat made at Duffy?

I like that idea :surfing2: , that one is going in my book for the next oil change :Surfing: .

duffymahoney    10

I decided that I am going with the acme 1579 4 blade prop. This is the prop acme said should work the best for me. Anybody used it and now running something else in an avy?

rwillden    0
So I found this craigslist add that says he has done the v-drive tranny swap from 1:1 to 2:1 and I was wondering if anyone knew the model number of tranny that would work? Here is a link to his boat. Looks like a good surf boat for someone. My exact model boat

http://boise.craigslist.org/boa/1617818285.html

I'm actually heading to Idaho from Utah on Thursday to buy this boat. It's an upgrade for us from a 2001 Tige 22i Type R.

Can't wait...

duffymahoney    10

What size sacs does it have? Congrats on the avy! You are gonna love her.

rwillden    0
What size sacs does it have? Congrats on the avy! You are gonna love her.

Not sure. It has the Brett Eisenhauer factory ballast (2 in the rear, and one up front.) Plus he said it has two additional sacs in the rear.

2500 lbs of ballast from what he said. Can't wait to pick it up.

Any thoughts on how to wire the factory skylon tower for speakers?

duffymahoney    10

Start a new thread and ask some questions, and post some pictures! We basically have twin boats, just mine is red.

rwillden    0
Start a new thread and ask some questions, and post some pictures! We basically have twin boats, just mine is red.

Will do. Thanks

Bigcatpt    408
I'm actually heading to Idaho from Utah on Thursday to buy this boat. It's an upgrade for us from a 2001 Tige 22i Type R.

Can't wait...

Yeah! another Utah centurion owner!! Where are you in Utah???

Bigcatpt    408

Make that triplet boats!!! Only mine is black!

Bigcatpt    408
Is your's a c4 bigcat?

No, mine is not the C4. I have the walk through. But we have the same year Avy with all the same motor, tranny, V-drive gearing, locker sizes etc.

duffymahoney    10

I wish I had your black paint! I hate my gel coat graphics