Sign in to follow this  
jjcc-enzo230

Tower Lights

Help!

I need some suggestions (and photos if available) on lights for my tower.

I have a 230 Enzo with:

Evolution tower

Bimini is used all the time

Lights can not extend further than rub rails(will hit on lift)

My thoughts now are that Evolution tower does not all any headroom if the lights are mounted below the tower but the bimini restricts lights on top and my lift does not allow lights on the side of the tower. Help my think "outside the box".

With that set-up, does anyone have any suggstions and photos?

THANKS!

Seba    0

Forget the tower lights and focus on lighting the wave area needed to surf. Add an underwater transom light.

That is what i am going to do this winter as i am in the same situation of wanting to surf more at night. I am going to add a colored LED set up because the light is suppose to be much softer and easier on the eyes than white light.

Here is a link to a good post to help you decide on what you need like I did.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/message...921/702750.html

Good luck.

Thanks for the link.

It was very informative.

I was hesitant about drilling holes in the boat but I keep hearing this would be the best option.

I think it would also help minimize the amount of bugs on the people in the boat compared to spot lights.

What light did you decide to install?

How much of the light will be in the wake?

THANKS!

h20king    794

i second that thanks for the link i have been looking at underwater lights lots of options after looking at all the lights i think i like the drain plug light from www.tojoseabelow.com has any one tried them and if so how good do they work? i like the placement lowest centerline of the boat and no new holes

Seba    0

jjcc-enzo230, i decided to go with the Abyss S-600, the lowest power and price light in blue. It seems Abyss and shadow caster are the highest quality and would last the longest. I think that is all i would need. All I am looking for is enough light to be able to surf with no issue and I am not looking to light up the back of the boat and draw attention. As you know to surf all you really need is 10 to maybe 15 feet behind the boat lit up and only on the one side. It seems most people are buying these light for the effect or to light up the water underneath to see fish etc and need/use more powerful lights. That is not what i am after, plus if i do find this is not working i could always add another the next year.

What are you thinking?

Seba-

First of all thanks for the link you provided!!!

I am looking at the Abyss and the Shadow Caster.

I am also not using it to look for fish or for the "wow" effect.

All we want to see is the wake at dusk and maybe at night.

I also think the blue lights look good.

Another thing I liked about the light under the water rather than on the tower, a lot less bugs for everyone in the boat and on the boat (stains on seats).

If I can just get over the idea of drilling holes in my boat :realmad:

Have you seen any photos of underwater lights with surf wake?

I would like to see what it looks like.

Thanks again for your help!!!

Jim

duffymahoney    10

We surf at night, and the rear facing lights aren't very important. The forward facing ones are what you care about. You need to know where you are going. Attached is a picture of my setup. The KC daylighters are wide spot beams or something. They work awesome and I can see perfectly forward.

Audionly101    39

I am also very interested to see what a huge wave would look like with those lights in the water. I have yet to see any pictures of someone riding with them on. Maybe someone on here has some.

duffymahoney    10

I had some super ghetto battery powered underwater led lights. They did light up the wave a little. I am going to upgrade them next summer.

Edited by duffymahoney

Seba    0

I would also love to see someone with the rear LED surfing at night. For me the forward lights are irrelevant as i am usually the only one on the lake at night and we just do runs right down the middle. I did try surfing in the dark and found we needed light in order to see the wave and where it ended and started, and i want to avoid strapping a flashlight to the tower again.

WakeDoc    471

Just picked one of these up,

_BfTEyWQ_2k___KGrHqYOKjYErzUct_vFBL_t8L6mTg___3.jpg

hopefully I can get it installed sooner than later. I will start a thread with pictures of the step by step install.

duffymahoney    10

The front lights are so so important. You need to be able to see logs, surfers, rocks etc.... I wouldn't surf at night without my KC's! We used to have fog lights facing forward and I wouldn't be able to see the surfer if he was 40+ feet away.

WakeDoc -

Please keep all of us informed on the install and photos at night with it.

FYI - I am planning on using a Golight Radioray Model 7951 which has a magnet and a suction cup mount with a wireless remote.

http://www.golight.com/products/golight.html

I plan to use a flood light cover option and then mount it on the windshield to see in front and spot down surfer.

Seba    0

We use glow sticks so when the guy goes down you take your glow stick out of your life vest and use as a beckon for the driver to see you and pick up.

WakeDoc    471
WakeDoc -

Please keep all of us informed on the install and photos at night with it.

FYI - I am planning on using a Golight Radioray Model 7951 which has a magnet and a suction cup mount with a wireless remote.

http://www.golight.com/products/golight.html

I plan to use a flood light cover option and then mount it on the windshield to see in front and spot down surfer.

Will do, most likely will not get to it until late December.

islander033    2
Will do, most likely will not get to it until late December.

Slacker.... :whistle:

WakeDoc    471
Slacker.... :whistle:

I have to wait for winter to end... :welcome:

Oldwakedude    0
I have to wait for winter to end... :welcome:

Oh! Has it started? :whistle: