WakeDoc

FUNNY STUFF - Videos and other funny stuff from the internet

DarksideR    1,679

What a piece of crap!

And this is why rednecks have a bad name....And that's b/c of morons like that who don't know how to build a truck, and then crap like that happens, hits the web, and people think we're all just stupid.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... We most certainly do not. :innocent: There's far worse things I've seen rednecks do than shodily put a truck together! :thumbsup::respect:

WakeDoc    471

What a piece of crap!

And this is why rednecks have a bad name....And that's b/c of morons like that who don't know how to build a truck, and then crap like that happens, hits the web, and people think we're all just stupid.

LMAO...Hitting a little to close to home Po, been called a REDNECK!!!one too many times lately... :pardon:

Big Po    1

Hit close to home in the aspect of truck building. I build custom off-road vehicles in my spare time (for myself & friends), and I can't stand to see someone just throw some crap together and think it's the most bada$$ thing on the planet. Seen it too many times around here.

enzo on LI    79

What a piece of crap!

LMAO...what does one say to that? I don't think the term redneck is overly endearing to begin with! :rofl:

WakeDoc    471

Hit close to home in the aspect of truck building. I build custom off-road vehicles in my spare time (for myself & friends), and I can't stand to see someone just throw some crap together and think it's the most bada$$ thing on the planet. Seen it too many times around here.

So you are saying you have never had a failure with anything you have built? Watch the video again, looks like the truck had an axel mount break loose, junk or not those trucks are impressive, that is a lot of power and torque on either truck to be spinning 4 tires of that size, wasn't being done by a normal power plant.

Big Po    1

So you are saying you have never had a failure with anything you have built? Watch the video again, looks like the truck had an axel mount break loose, junk or not those trucks are impressive, that is a lot of power and torque on either truck to be spinning 4 tires of that size, wasn't being done by a normal power plant.

I can probably count on 1 hand the times something I have fabricated has failed once I was done with it...And those times are after years of abuse from our other employees. Nothing to my knowledge has EVER come back to me that has failed. I am a metal fabricator by trade, so I tend do things right, and tend to know what I'm doing when it comes to welding & fabricating.

When building a truck like that, with tractor tires, you will want to replace the axles with something a bit more substantial, such as Rockwell 2.5 ton axles, or GM 5 ton axles, or even portal axles from a tractor. You also don't want to use leaf springs and u-bolts. You need to build a custom 4 link suspension out of at minimum .088 wall DOM tubing, with a coilover shock setup. You will also need to cross-reinforce your frame & frame supports so things like the frame breaking don't happen. Reason being that frame is most likely a 1/2 ton frame under that Chevy, and did not appear to be reinforced at all, a 1/2 ton Chevy frame is designed to have flex-points. And when you add ALOT more stress to that frame, it flexes in spots it wasn't designed to...Which in turn causes breakage & catasprophic failure.

Sure, those trucks have alot of power....And the Ford appears to have been built better than the Chevy, but neither truck was built properly from what I could tell.

Edited by Big Po

WakeDoc    471

WakeDoc    471

You build it and I will be the first rider... :thumbsup:

DarksideR    1,679

HOLY CRAP!!

I don't think I have the potatoes to do that! ;)

islander033    2

HOLY CRAP!!

I don't think I have the potatoes to do that! ;)

Just borrow a pair from Duramat.

Big Po    1

That looks like so much fun!!!! Wish I could do that!

DarksideR    1,679

Friends wife posted this on Faceblech. Made me crack up

rizza32    0

Sorry. These guys crack me up. Love the calorie counter....thats smart.

Big Po    1

The Epic Mealtime videos are awesome! I wish I could make some of the epic Mac & Cheese dishes they made.