Sign in to follow this  
Jake707

Shopping for Cover

Jake707    171

Ok, time to get a new cover for the old 2000 Elite V. Not going to go with the $1,000 pure custom Evolution type cover but not going to get the off the walmart shelf $120 universal fit either. Anyone know of any good sales going on or coming up? Looking for the best mid grade cover I can get.

1jeffgignac    7

I have read some reviews of folks having a good experience with Westland covers. Sunbrella fabric over the platform covers are going for <$900 with less heavy duty materials being cheaper.

www.westlandcovers.com

Jake707    171

That link was a Westland brand cover using Sunbrella 9.5oz fabric. I ended up getting it haha hopefully its good. I didn't get an over the platform add on as I have the Teak platform and I can re surface if needed but they seem to hold up really well. Ended up being $494 delivered and I ordered a sew in vent and pole support as well to put in the middle of the boat for another $50

Jlagos    23

What about the tower. Does it have cut outside for tower feet/attachments?

Jake707    171

Yup, it was for my boat with the ProFlight tower so, Im assuming, like my old cover it will have cutouts and Velcro to go around the tower legs. Should have it next week.

slvrbulit    6

I just ordered a cover from coveranything for my 1998 elite.  Hope it fits for the price I guess its worth a try.  It was $199.99 shipped, I am hoping it isn't to good to be true type thing.  LOL 

h2ohangtime    4

Jake, I know it's a little late now, but I'm in the market for a cover too and Westland exact-fit was a no-go for me mainly because I (and probably you too) have a Kal Kustom boat where the tower was installed there instead of at the Centurion factory.  Given that, they couldn't guarantee the fit for the tower cutouts and I didn't want to spend $900 to find out.  Hopefully yours fits just fine, but thought I'd throw that out there.

Jake707    171

got the cover in about a week or so ago. Took about a week to come in. It’s nice quality for sure. We cleaned the boat up again and put it on today. I’m def pleased. Glad I found the deal. Is 9.5 oz sunbrella material so it should hold up well but time will tell. 

Cant post pics but it’s a nice tight fit. 

• Like 1

slvrbulit    6

Jake, I got my cover for my 98 elite direct drive from cover anything and all I can say is WOW!  The cover is awesome and the price $199.00 is unbelievable for this quality cover.  Very Impressed with it.