Sloner3020

Wiring/Short Question for PerfectPass and Stereo

Sloner3020    0

I have an issue with my boat that I just purchased and was wondering if I could get some advice from you guys. I have a 2000 Centurion Air Elite. My issue is that my PerfectPass seems to malfunction (turning on and off and speed going way out of wack) when i turn my stereo up too loud?? I know this sounds weird but I don't even know where to start in order to find the problem. Any information and/or starting point would be greatly appreciated. Cant live without my PP and Stereo blasting!

Thanks

-Mark

Bigcatpt    408
I have an issue with my boat that I just purchased and was wondering if I could get some advice from you guys. I have a 2000 Centurion Air Elite. My issue is that my PerfectPass seems to malfunction (turning on and off and speed going way out of wack) when i turn my stereo up too loud?? I know this sounds weird but I don't even know where to start in order to find the problem. Any information and/or starting point would be greatly appreciated. Cant live without my PP and Stereo blasting!

Thanks

-Mark

Sounds like too much thump from the subwoofer. :thumbsup::Rockon::Rockon::Rockon::Rockon:

Check all your electrical connections. Does the PP cut out any other times? Like when hitting a hard bump or wave?? Do you have 1 battery or 2?

duffymahoney    10

I had the same problem, I now have my stereo wired directly to the battery with an inline fuse and it works perfect!

Edited by duffymahoney

Sloner3020    0

I wish it was from too much thump!!! I have one battery with stereo ran straight to battery with inline fuse. Come to think of it the pp does sometime start beeping and resetting when just idoling. Hope this helps. It's tough to pull anyone with the pp shorting out. Hopefully I can fix this thing!!!

Bigcatpt    408
I wish it was from too much thump!!! I have one battery with stereo ran straight to battery with inline fuse. Come to think of it the pp does sometime start beeping and resetting when just idoling. Hope this helps. It's tough to pull anyone with the pp shorting out. Hopefully I can fix this thing!!!

Does you PP ever go out and restart when the stereo is off? Does your stereo have any problems if the boat is not running?

Try loading up your elecrical system and see what happens... Try with boat running...... Turn on stereo, turn it up loud, turn on blower, bilge, all lights, etc and see if the stereo cuts out.

If not it sound like you don't have enough juice in your battery or alternator not working well....

I have a hydrolic lift on the motor compartment hatch . If the boat is not running and I am playing a CD and open the hatch (big power draw) the stereo will cut off until the hydrolic lift is done. Same thing happens if I turn on my ballast pumps (big power draw). It will cut off the stereo for a minute.

Try loading up your electrical system both while the boat is off and on and see what happens.

Joe B    17

Yep. I had the same problem in my boat. I had actually 2 batteries but the charge was pretty low. If you only have one battery, I'd add 2 for safety alone. Charge up, maybe hit the auto store and get it tested.

Sloner3020    0

Joe and BigCat I think you nailed it! Come to think of it when i crank the ballast and stereo and pp are on it does actually drain out. This also just recently started happening the last few times out on the lake. I just recently purchased this battery in May!! I must have a bad alternator or cheap battery. Maybe ill pick up another while im down there and see if that fixes the problem. You all have been more than helpful.

Any reason the Battery would have went bad in just a few months? I am sure to turn all power off (main power switch) after each use and rarely cut off the engine when out due to fear of power loss (I had an old boat for years and have horror stories). Seems something must be wrong!

Thanks again!

Bigcatpt    408
Joe and BigCat I think you nailed it! Come to think of it when i crank the ballast and stereo and pp are on it does actually drain out. This also just recently started happening the last few times out on the lake. I just recently purchased this battery in May!! I must have a bad alternator or cheap battery. Maybe ill pick up another while im down there and see if that fixes the problem. You all have been more than helpful.

Any reason the Battery would have went bad in just a few months? I am sure to turn all power off (main power switch) after each use and rarely cut off the engine when out due to fear of power loss (I had an old boat for years and have horror stories). Seems something must be wrong!

Thanks again!

Take the battery to an auto parts store and have them test it under load...

Let us know what you find. I am about due for a couple new batteries as well

Anyone know where to find a good deal on good marine batteries?

Sloner3020    0

Once again thank you! Ill let you know what I find out! Might just be a cheap battery!

Joe    0

I had this same problem. (09 centurion avalanche) the boat was wired with two batteries for some reason it was not charging one of them. I went to one battery and everything works perfectly. When I get some extra money I’m going to get a battery switch and re-install the second battery. I still have problems when running the heater, three ballast pumps, stereo and lights at the same time. I wonder if you could get an alternator that would charge more than a factory on like you can for a car or maybe a perko battery switch would fix the problem.

post-579-1276870281_thumb.jpg