X-MCer

18 Fi23 Fuel gauge reads empty when full

X-MCer    0

Off the showroom floor directly to a weeks vacation and fuel gauge reads empty when full . Dealer states was a software update conflict.

Any others had a similar concern ?  

Also a weird concern not related to this topic , windshield locks 1/2" from touching center riser while on trailer , 3/4 away from riser when ballast full surfing ? Seems strange to me that that concern would not be caught on multiple PDI inspections . I found the original order from dealer and he requested in caps "EXTENSIVE WATER TESTING " . It must have been quite extensive because the boat had 10 hours it. More so worried about the flex in the hull causing the gap to grow.

As an ex faithfull Master Craft owner I love the FI23  even got in trouble for breaking a dock with a surf wave 150 yards out , never had that complaint before.

wheels    151

I just updated the newest 2018 software on my 17 ri237 which also came with the newest fi software and when ever I turn on a ballast pump or move  center plate or surf tab my gauge goes to empty as soon as I turn them off I get my gauge back.  Seems like anything with a big power draw cuts my fuel gauge out. 

h20king    794

I have started the boat to fast without letting everything cycle and had the gauge read empty. turned off boat  let everything cycle then started and gauge read fuel level again 

Edited by h20king

X-MCer    0

Thanks, I will try to leave the calibration / initialization page up longer maybe I was in to much of a rush . Thanks to all.

Cdifranco    463

Was out on two FIs this weekend and both said that. On  the depth just consistently said 888 too. Odd 

hhergett    0

Have you ever figured out a fix. Our gas gauge on our 2018 FI23 has not worked since we got it. Multiple software updates and still does not work. Anyone know of a fix