Mrwick    60
10 minutes ago, bomoseen avy said:

Dude we are both going to have to learn how to surf on the Darkside. Good problem to have!!

love your ideas on the programmable settings. Still agree the GSA site should do boat specific installation instructions for different manufacturers and hull types 

keep me posted if u modify the swim platform bracket. I had similar thoughts before I redrilled the holes in the tab. I’m pretty pleased right now so just gonna enjoy the surf for a while. Maybe a mod for the colder weather months 

I tried to post up a pic of the goofy wave I had last weekend but I see my membership fee is due and it wouldn’t let me.......I felt pretty good about my 226’s performance till I just watched a vid of a 257’s goofy wave😳.  Either they had a great camera angle or that wave was like 5 foot tall!  

Shaka    138

I raised my platform up an inch using Trex decking material and longer screws.

synergytogo    3
12 hours ago, Shaka said:

I raised my platform up an inch using Trex decking material and longer screws.

Can you post pictures?

Shaka    138
On 7/15/2018 at 10:59 AM, synergytogo said:

Can you post pictures?

Nope.  For whatever reason this site will no longer let me do it. I suppose I'm not paid up but when I try to pay it will not accept it. I've PM'd the admins a couple of times with no response.

All I did was cut the Trex a little longer than the top of the bracket where it mounts to the platform. I then place the Trex on top of the bracket and then put the  platform on the Trex. Make sure to pre-drill the Trex and get one inch longer mounting screws.

Mrwick    60
On 7/16/2018 at 1:50 PM, Shaka said:

Nope.  For whatever reason this site will no longer let me do it. I suppose I'm not paid up but when I try to pay it will not accept it. I've PM'd the admins a couple of times with no response.

All I did was cut the Trex a little longer than the top of the bracket where it mounts to the platform. I then place the Trex on top of the bracket and then put the  platform on the Trex. Make sure to pre-drill the Trex and get one inch longer mounting screws.

Think my short term swim deck solution is to raise mine as well.... I have some 2 x 2 inch aluminum square tubing I’m going to use with 2inch longer screws.....

synergytogo    3

MrWick, What aluminum thickness are you going to use? And how long each bracket run will it take across the platform? 

synergytogo    3
On 7/18/2018 at 6:14 PM, synergytogo said:

MrWick, What aluminum thickness are you going to use? And how long each bracket run will it take across the platform? 

Did you ever do this? (raise swim platform)

bomoseen avy    34

System continues to work great. I did end up re-propping. Talked to Nettles and they recommended going to the Acme 1617. I had the 1847. Only a couple clicks lower on the RPM gauge but a noticeable improvement in handling the weight and maintaining speed. Also used their Weekend Saver C-clamp prop puller. It was super easy, never pulled a prop before but worked as advertised and essentially stress free. 

• Like 1