bomoseen avy    45

Initial stage of GSA install on 2013 Enzo SV 230+. I was  going to wait until things were a little farther along, but I ran into a snag and was a bit delayed so I  figured I would start to post.  It sounds like there a couple other Enzo owners out there who are thinking of installing. Thanks to MrWick for his thread on the supreme install. I will try not to duplicate too much, but it seems that there are some unique differences based on my transom shape.  I’ve watched all the installation videos and number of times and would agree that they are really good. Keep in mind I am not mechanically inclined so I’m going slow and asking lots of questions to Ryan at GSA. Support has been awesome.

I decided to go with the GSA system after reading numerous posts including synergytogo from last summer.  I bought my Enzo last summer coming off 8 seasons on an avy.  I absolutely love the wave listed. I experimented with the suck gate and enjoyed a that even more. I was intrigued at the ability to do transfers and the technology from GSA.  Picked the system up on Black Friday. 

First things first. Tab mounting is complicated by the curve or radius on the back of the transom as it moves out to the side of the boat. There is also a bulge where the surf platform mounting bracket secures to the hull.  A little difficult to tell in the pictures. 

D27337F5-CEB2-4A6A-8235-C29CEC780817.jpeg

0F250A1A-7381-4EDF-8F30-178017E6B6DE.jpeg

8FC85210-1F5D-4B24-9FDC-9610EAA6DB0D.jpeg

561844AC-253F-4F89-A88F-013D162A21D5.jpeg

Edited by bomoseen avy

bomoseen avy    45

Ryan recommended modifying the tab hinge pictured above. He stated only six holes were necessary. We could cut a hole off the side of the bracket closest to the middle of the boat. He recommended going straight down and eliminating a hole on the boat side and tab side of the hinge 

86492F89-CD79-42F6-8BCF-FF6889291364.jpeg

C6309F2E-5E19-4935-980A-8D4684C535C9.jpeg

bomoseen avy    45

This was a much better fit. It’s still was not completely flush on either end but within the 1/4 inch tolerance. The hinge adequately flexes during installation so that a spacer is not needed between the hinge and the transom. Otherwise the step went according to the  installation videos on the GSA website. 

9A9D4586-A81F-4C7A-BCE9-2535C180ED51.jpeg

D6880F3E-9FF3-48AC-96E7-A39C22B07290.jpeg

428A21CE-3D93-43F8-9EB2-543ADD32B362.jpeg

79E244FF-F262-41E5-BDDB-643DA8C6BDC3.jpeg

bomoseen avy    45

Sorry the pictures are a little out of order but you get the idea. The bottom of the hinge is essentially level with the bottom of the transom during the mount. The mounting screws go into the  false bottom of the hull. Only the very inside screw is visible from inside the engine compartment. 

bomoseen avy    45

I was preparing to mount the actuators this weekend. Unfortunately there is a ridge the travels across the back of the transom right in the area for the actuator upper mounting bracket. After I spoke to Ryan, he indicated there is a spacer that I should use as a shim for the upper mounting bracket. I will be receiving that this week.  Otherwise I could not find a placement for the actuator that gave the desired displacement of the tab and tucked up adequately underneath the swim platform. 

super1990    18

I have had mine for 2 summers now on my Enzo. Such a great system. 

bomoseen avy    45

I will post more as I progress this week. Certainly if anyone has experience or thoughts would love to hear them. Especially regarding placement of the GPS unit, control placement at the helm, any issues with wiring, etc

InfinitySurf    302
2 hours ago, bomoseen avy said:

I will post more as I progress this week. Certainly if anyone has experience or thoughts would love to hear them. Especially regarding placement of the GPS unit, control placement at the helm, any issues with wiring, etc

So glad you are posting this, back of my 14 SV244 looks the same as in your pics and I was literally measuring that late last night wondering how wide that hinge was and if it would fit. Don't know if mine is slightly wider than yours or not, but all great info to know since I will basically be doing the same thing. Thanks again for posting the pics/info.

My plan for controler....was going to be somewhere near the throttle since on my boat, you can access behind that panel fairly easy and would be able to fish the wire up there by running behind the side panel so everything would be hidden. Also would be located in area where it would not get bumped by mistake. Do you still need to mount GPS unit if boat already has one....or can you plug into existing GPS?

Cant wait to hear what you think of the GSA wave vs suck gate wave since that has been my biggest hesitation. Love my suck gate wave.....super clean, big, perfect formation with lots of push all the way past white water. I assumed that GSA would just add ability to do transfers along with ease and convenience, but there is a pretty long GSA thread on MC forum that goes back like 4yrs thru today.... and they say it had more push than suck gate cause of how the water comes off the tab. Very interested in if this is a fact or not on our deep V hull boats since MC hulls are not as deep as our boats and shaped differently.

Awesome info....thank you!!

bomoseen avy    45

I looked around a bunch in the helm. I think I like this spot the best. I don’t like it in front of throttle and it’s a bit awkward to reach it behind the throttle 

CA441E1A-5B92-4197-950B-AAA7A8DEA6DA.jpeg

bomoseen avy    45

Not sure about your GPS question. I don’t have one. PP is paddlewheel. Instructions say just mount upright. It can be under the dash. There’s a little shelf for the instrument cluster I was looking at

Mrwick    65
1 hour ago, bomoseen avy said:

Not sure about your GPS question. I don’t have one. PP is paddlewheel. Instructions say just mount upright. It can be under the dash. There’s a little shelf for the instrument cluster I was looking at

Great job Bomoseen!  You have had a few more challenges than I did on my 226 but looks like you have worked through them pretty well.  Placement for your control is perfect because it keeps it away from the shifter cables!   The gps antenna has a magnet on it so I just found a bracket under the dash and stuck it on top!  Keep us posted on your progress!

bomoseen avy    45

Got the plastic to fab the spacers this week. Optimal actuator mounting bracket placement according to GSA is 1/1.5 inches above tab hinge. This means I mount the top screw of the bracket above the “ridge” in my transom and make a spacer for the bottom 2/3 of the bracket that hangs over. 

F802E8DB-DD98-4CA4-A3FB-D9632339B316.jpeg

B6C90115-06E0-4936-AB0E-3F003BCF9A93.jpeg

4C19BCBC-63EB-4107-845C-EAED29CFFCF5.jpeg

bomoseen avy    45

I don’t have adequate tools so a friend ripped the plastic for me on his table saw. My jigsaw didn’t work. Friction heats the plastic and it all coagulates so the jigsaw becomes useless. I took the ripped plastic and used his oscillating saw to cut the outline of actuator mounting bracket. Mucho better. Then used my Dremel with sanding head to finish the shape which worked great (better than palm sander.)

bomoseen avy    45

Drilled top hole after double checking tab displacement and angles. Put a temporary screw to hold bracket in place. Then drilled holes in plastic spacer. Finally able to mark and drill bottom holes in bracket. 

1103BF91-F061-431E-B186-A351EE1F1B0B.jpeg

bomoseen avy    45

Chamfered the holes, loaded the bracket, holes, and both sides of spacer with 5200 fast cure. Set screws and cleaned up the mess with acetone. 

B3DEBFFF-9C4C-4B0D-821B-A8EAD76D3129.jpeg

E82745B6-DF37-4B40-B29B-60C075C7DFC1.jpeg

bomoseen avy    45

My actuator wire needs to run into the transom away from the mounting bracket to avoid the false floor or quick fill. That’s why it’s not running through the actuator. Just like MrWick’s Supreme install. I’ll tackle that after I mount the other side.

• Like 2

InfinitySurf    302
4 minutes ago, bomoseen avy said:

My actuator wire needs to run into the transom away from the mounting bracket to avoid the false floor or quick fill. That’s why it’s not running through the actuator. Just like MrWick’s Supreme install. I’ll tackle that after I mount the other side.

Looking really good! Glad to know when I get GSA I will need those pieces and be ready to do the same work you are. Nice looking job

Mrwick    65

Keep working through it my friend!   The end is in sight!

bomoseen avy    45

Thanks for the words of encouragement!!

you know I honestly thought the hinge issue would be the biggest hurdle; the spacers took some time but obviously the right tools are a huge help. I was surprised by how much I did NOT like drilling with the hole saws in the upholstery under the throttle. The 5/8 bit was unnecessary on the face plate for the potentiometer IMO. 

Anyway, ran the wires on starboard side. Our helm is nice to work in behind the throttle, east to get to...

DCBB82B4-A657-4DE6-9897-ED238D2368F8.jpeg

bomoseen avy    45

The instructions talked about being careful hooking up the potentiometer, that it only went one way and not to force it. Hope this is correct

E7A563FF-3206-4C78-AE72-0854AE8BA541.jpeg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..