Sign in to follow this  
orange avy

Bent prop

orange avy    0

Well I read about it all the time and now its my turn to hit something . The boat was in a turn and we hered a thump and it felt like a masage chair through out the whole boat . We stop by a friends camp and he had some monkey wrenches and we were able to bend 2 of the blades back and was able to finish riding the rest of the night . My quick question is has anyone had these props reworked and will it be a good reapair I really dont have the money for a new prop right now .

Carter13    69

I have fortunately not had my prop wrecked yet but I know my time is coming.

There are tons of people that have commented on reconditioned props and most have said they are as good as new.

If you have an Acme prop you can send it to them for repair and the cost is around $125 I believe.

jquick    0

what you can do is call acme to give you advice on who is a good prop shop in your area. when i purchased a new prop, jim from acme referred me to a local shop and he stated that they do very good prop repairs as well. good luck brutha!

elc    2

I have had to repair a few props - the shop that I take it to was recommended by acme. He will not repair it unless he can get it back to original specs or very close. The last one I bent was not repairable... It was only the tips of the fins but a couple tips broke off. I used the opportunity to get a prop that was a much better fit for our boat.

orange avy    0

I have no missing parts just a slight bend . I gonna pull it off tonight and bring it to a local guy .

nickw    0

I had the same issue last month...river hazards. $150 and a good local prop guy and I'm good as new.

orange avy    0

River riding, flat, calm , not as busy ,to fix a bent prop locally for 70 bucks STILL PRICELESS . Turn around 2 days .

duramat    462

$70 and 2 day turnaround!? :yes:thumbsup: NICE!!

islander033    2
River riding, flat, calm , not as busy ,to fix a bent prop locally for 70 bucks STILL PRICELESS . Turn around 2 days .

lol...my last one was +$300 and 2 months turn around. Good deal there.