Gdmatson    25

After weeks of decision making, we think we've decided on a Ri237. We overcame 2 issues before making that choice. We're coming from a 2015 Malibu LSV, which is a different boat in my eyes to the Ri. The LSV rides and looks sportier to me. The down side to this is a very rough ride. The 2nd issue was, we'd be the 1st to own 1 in S E MI(think financial guinea pig), and resale is a huge concern. That said, after a few demo's, we couldn't say no to the Ri. So now that we're starting the sell our boat/buy a new 1 process, out comes the Fi. It definitely looks sportier than the Ri, but we're concerned about the resale, performance and fit/finish compared to the Ri. We haven't seen a Fi in person. Our priorities are holding their longterm value 1st, performance 2nd and looks 3rd. Since I'm new to Centurions and you guys have already done a few year market test drive on the Ri, I'd appreciate some open feedback on a perceived long term comparison of the Fi vs Ri. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Edited by Gdmatson

InfinitySurf    302

They certainly hold their value, no question about that. The question is if you will be able to sell locally just cause no one is familiar with the name....doesnt really matter tho since if you list it on onlyinboards.com, someone is gonna buy it and drive to come get it. People travel over 1000 miles on regular basis to buy the boat they want. I am in similar situation here on East Coast...not very well know brand here, but everyone that sees the boat or the wave wants to know more. I am sure I wont have any problem selling my 2014.

I think the RI and th FI will hold their value well. 1st 2 years are always the worst on depreciation, but that holds true with any brand.

carguy79ta    67

I think the addition of the RI and FI lines will help Centurion gain market share.  the fit and finish of these boats is very good.  and the RI 257 can be had cheaper than the M235 and the 257 blows away the 235.  sooo in my opinion..once these boats get more exposure the price of the new ones will likely go UP, which will also bring up the resale values.

wheels    151

I came from a 2015 lsv last year and went into a 2017 ri237 this year. The two boats don't even come close. I couldn't be happier with the ri. 

• Like 1

Darkside    248

All 100% speculation at this point on FI, but the RI appear to be holding thier own in resale.  Actually significantly better than my 24 MXZ's did.  

I suspect the FI23 is going to hold its value insanely well.  Just due to performance and price point.  I fully expect it to take some 23LSV share.  IMHO that is why 23LSV has done so well, it performs well, at a perfect price.  Its not the Axis/Supreme/MB price but far from X23/G23/Ri237.  

Centurion has only one issue, getting people to demo them, there is no better boat right now.  But people are scared to try them, because there are not that many of them.  Once you get out there, and people see yours, others will follow.

• Like 2
  • Like 2

Gdmatson    25

Thanks guys. Definitely going with a Ri. It's just gut wrenching putting my LSV up for sale. Can't believe I'm doing this, but you guys are right. These boats are awesome! Boat is officially for sale and Centurion negotiations are done. Just need to sell this thing.

Hey dark side, can we talk about Ri demo's here? Lol

• Like 2
  • Like 1

Darkside    248

Not only can you talk about them, we love hearing about the change.  The RI are in a different league.  Ready for the great part.  You wool have a much better ride, significantly better wave, and burn 1/2 as much gas doing it.

• Like 2
  • Like 1

carguy79ta    67

and they have an insane amount of stock ballast.  to go completely over the top...add a little lead.  with the freebd of these boats ..you can be loaded up and not take water in over the bow.  the waves are unmatched.

• Like 1

Gdmatson    25

Thanks for the input guys. Definitely gonna be a Ri the second my LSV sells. Since its the wrong time of year, that may take a while. Our fingers are crossed for someone down south to be interested. Very excited about moving up!

• Like 1

carguy79ta    67

you will be joining the group of Centurion Ship Jumpers as referenced from a thread in the malibucrew forum..

• Haha 1

Gdmatson    25
On 9/24/2017 at 0:59 PM, carguy79ta said:

you will be joining the group of Centurion Ship Jumpers as referenced from a thread in the malibucrew forum..

Yep! Looking forward to joining that group.

They are not happy about the ship jumpers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Darkside    248

So my dealer finally has FI23 in stock.  Wow!  This boat is awesome.  It is definitely not an RI but super nice  boat.  You can see where the cost savings is, but still a top end finish.  

• Like 1