xj1514

XJ's Official S238 thread...pictures

dcaggiano    1
On 7/1/2017 at 1:38 AM, xj1514 said:

Here is my wakeboard wake. I tried 0-100 % on bow weight, trim 0-100, rear pnp empty to full, in between, listed both sides, rear quick fills full, bled off each side separately to see if wake would clear up, tried adding weight by moving people around to weight down port side, pnp weight down port side, none worked. Always washed out on portside unless 22 mph or higher and even them niether side is clean enough in my opinion. My 02 Wakesetter had a much better wake for boarding. 

Did i miss a setting? I literally drove for 2 hours trying to figure it out. Nada. 

I' am having the same issue with our 2017 Su when it comes to getting a clean wske on both sides for wake-boarding.   For an $85k boat there must be something we're missing...at least I hope! 

Let me know if you find out any helpful and I'll do the same...thanks! Dave

NW Boat Sports    232
5 hours ago, xj1514 said:

just 4 people in the boat with Cwazy's setup. 

Looks decent. Might be going a tad fast and/or have the stinger plate down too far. What speed and where was the Stinger plate?

Cwazy1    89

wave looks clean, but need some slight adjustment. Lets drop stinger plate to 5 to give it some more height. And then retweak the port side surf tab to make the surf wave the biggest- again start at 40 and go in 5 increments until you start to lose wave height. The easiest way to gauge size is to look at the height of the curl. 

bummer that the odysea board was a bit too stubborn for you. Did it have good enough float to keep you riding in the wave? I'm pretty sure evo has a good return policy if you wanted to return it. 

• Like 1

MFaso    56

XJ - I was probably the newest here until you came. After seeing your video and how similar I looked when I started I went back and pulled my video of April when I felt EXACTLY like you. I questioned if I bought the right boat.(Funny, I even got bored trying to catch the wave and just started carving. SAME as you) I can clearly see my front foot was a little too far back and I can also see I'm riding my heels more than my toes. My heel is actually closer to my heel edge, making it even harder on myself. I gave my buddy the same tip and it was night and day. MOVE your front foot closer to the edge of the board. I don't mean towards the nose, I mean towards the edge.

This is me the night I finally got it.(7 trips out or so and help from the guys here along with my dealer's help) I know how you feel. I'm your port side brother. Same $hit but port side.

xj1514    13
On 7/2/2017 at 0:15 PM, dcaggiano said:

I' am having the same issue with our 2017 Su when it comes to getting a clean wske on both sides for wake-boarding.   For an $85k boat there must be something we're missing...at least I hope! 

Let me know if you find out any helpful and I'll do the same...thanks! Dave

Not that ive found. Poor wakeboard wave so far. Not sure what Im missing. At 22.5 mine cleans up pretty good, but not great, way too fast for my liking and not near as clean as I would like. 

xj1514    13
22 hours ago, NW Boat Sports said:

Looks decent. Might be going a tad fast and/or have the stinger plate down too far. What speed and where was the Stinger plate?

11.1, center trim (stinger?) 20, quick surf 60. 

Edited by xj1514

xj1514    13
19 hours ago, Cwazy1 said:

wave looks clean, but need some slight adjustment. Lets drop stinger plate to 5 to give it some more height. And then retweak the port side surf tab to make the surf wave the biggest- again start at 40 and go in 5 increments until you start to lose wave height. The easiest way to gauge size is to look at the height of the curl. 

bummer that the odysea board was a bit too stubborn for you. Did it have good enough float to keep you riding in the wave? I'm pretty sure evo has a good return policy if you wanted to return it. 

Drop stinger plate to 5? This mean 25?

Retweak port side quicksurf, got it. 

Do you ever use both quick tabs or is the opposite always at zero?

The curl, between the clean center line and the white wash? Reason I ask is the smaller regular surfing folks, I changed the wave to not be so clean and have more wash and they were able to surf for a bit. 

The Odysea board is a keeper. Its foam, so durable. Its slow, but this allows for easy adjustments and good recovery without falling. I now know i need a 5'6" board but faster, same shape.

the Ronix koal is way faster, but seems not boyant enough for my skillset as of now. 

The Odysea, while standing on the front tip past the grip, i was able to surf for small periods of time, but too slow to recover. 

xj1514    13
6 hours ago, MFaso said:

XJ - I was probably the newest here until you came. After seeing your video and how similar I looked when I started I went back and pulled my video of April when I felt EXACTLY like you. I questioned if I bought the right boat.(Funny, I even got bored trying to catch the wave and just started carving. SAME as you) I can clearly see my front foot was a little too far back and I can also see I'm riding my heels more than my toes. My heel is actually closer to my heel edge, making it even harder on myself. I gave my buddy the same tip and it was night and day. MOVE your front foot closer to the edge of the board. I don't mean towards the nose, I mean towards the edge.

This is me the night I finally got it.(7 trips out or so and help from the guys here along with my dealer's help) I know how you feel. I'm your port side brother. Same $hit but port side.

I have started riding way farther forward. On my Ronix I shoot down the wave fast and then have to brake, but then loose all momentum. Combination of wave not being right and me I'm sure. 

xj1514    13

Does anyone have surf board racks on their new style tower? My boards are getting ruined with storing one on the floor and the Ronix getting squeezed too hard in the wake board rack. 

Cwazy1    89
2 hours ago, xj1514 said:

Drop stinger plate to 5? This mean 25?

Retweak port side quicksurf, got it. 

Do you ever use both quick tabs or is the opposite always at zero?

The curl, between the clean center line and the white wash? Reason I ask is the smaller regular surfing folks, I changed the wave to not be so clean and have more wash and they were able to surf for a bit. 

The Odysea board is a keeper. Its foam, so durable. Its slow, but this allows for easy adjustments and good recovery without falling. I now know i need a 5'6" board but faster, same shape.

the Ronix koal is way faster, but seems not boyant enough for my skillset as of now. 

The Odysea, while standing on the front tip past the grip, i was able to surf for small periods of time, but too slow to recover. 

Sorry, I mean set the stinger trim tab to 5. (decrease it by 15). This will raise the trim tab and give you a steeper wave. It'll likely add some wash to the top of your wave, so adjust your quicksurf plates to clean it up and maximize the wave. 

Theres no reason to use the surf side surf tab. Always set to zero. 

Reference this picture for a quick guide on how to tell when your wave is biggest. Look at the size between the two red lines. 

wave_size.png

I honestly never use board racks, my boards are too fragile and even off the shelf boards will get damaged over time. My boards are always kept in the bow. I believe the 238 bimini should have surfboard pockets? 

• Like 1

NW Boat Sports    232

You have surf/surf Skylon fingers. If you need bigger, Skylon makes kneeboard/wake rack fingers. Call Skylon and ask for Brian or Robbie in sales.

InfinitySurf    302

Skylon also has 3" and 4" spaced racks I believe. I just ordered 2 of their "X3" surf/surf racks for my boat so I will have 2 on each side of tower, they are very nice. Wish I had gotten some wider ones now but it is what it is....but I also bought 2 of Corson Pipers racks. I still gotta move my 2 REV-8 speakers to the outside mounts to install them, but you can mount those either on top of your tower (if you don't use bimini much).....or do what I am gonna do since I use bimini just about every time I go out is mount them under tower facing down (I have tall tower). They hold any thickness board cause of how they are designed. (hard to describe, you gotta see pictures and I dont have one at moment to show you).

You could find some pictures on WakeWorld forum, probably by typing in the name Corson Piper....and there was a thread here on CC not long ago that also shows them if you prefer that option over getting new racks. They will protect board much better than normal tower rack but again, you either gotta give up bimini to mount them on top of tower, or have tall enough tower to mount them underneath.

InfinitySurf    302

Here is the thread...looks at 2nd to last post at bottom. Corsonpiper@gmail.com

MFaso    56

Yep.. My neo doesn't fit either. I use the Bimini for it. Not looking to buy more racks right now.

As for the shooting to the boat... That's good. It happened to me a lot after I got it. Still happens sometimes but not as often. You have to shift your weight back then forward again quick. You can't shift back and wait until you drop back to where you want. That's not how it works. You'll always get a little more drift back and recovering as a newbie from too far back is probably the hardest thing I'm seeing so far. I have recovered maybe 4-5 times now and failed at recovering the other 50 times...lol

As soon as you but the brakes on, switch back to your normal front foot, or make a carve up high up on the wave to drop back a little. 

xj1514    13
On 7/3/2017 at 2:59 PM, Cwazy1 said:

Sorry, I mean set the stinger trim tab to 5. (decrease it by 15). This will raise the trim tab and give you a steeper wave. It'll likely add some wash to the top of your wave, so adjust your quicksurf plates to clean it up and maximize the wave. 

Theres no reason to use the surf side surf tab. Always set to zero. 

Reference this picture for a quick guide on how to tell when your wave is biggest. Look at the size between the two red lines. 

wave_size.png

I honestly never use board racks, my boards are too fragile and even off the shelf boards will get damaged over time. My boards are always kept in the bow. I believe the 238 bimini should have surfboard pockets? 

Good intel. Will use this weekend. For boards I need them out of the way, too many people on the boat. 

xj1514    13
On 7/3/2017 at 7:36 PM, NW Boat Sports said:

You have surf/surf Skylon fingers. If you need bigger, Skylon makes kneeboard/wake rack fingers. Call Skylon and ask for Brian or Robbie in sales.

I will do this...so long as Jack doesn't sell me a G23 tomorrow. 

xj1514    13
On 7/3/2017 at 9:45 PM, InfinitySurf said:

Here is the thread...looks at 2nd to last post at bottom. Corsonpiper@gmail.com

Thank you. 

xj1514    13
On 7/5/2017 at 2:38 PM, MFaso said:

Yep.. My neo doesn't fit either. I use the Bimini for it. Not looking to buy more racks right now.

As for the shooting to the boat... That's good. It happened to me a lot after I got it. Still happens sometimes but not as often. You have to shift your weight back then forward again quick. You can't shift back and wait until you drop back to where you want. That's not how it works. You'll always get a little more drift back and recovering as a newbie from too far back is probably the hardest thing I'm seeing so far. I have recovered maybe 4-5 times now and failed at recovering the other 50 times...lol

As soon as you but the brakes on, switch back to your normal front foot, or make a carve up high up on the wave to drop back a little. 

No bimini, U wasnt impressed with it, so I dont have one, one of the worst ive seen. 

Ill try your suggestions on the brake. Happy surfing. 

NW Boat Sports    232
31 minutes ago, xj1514 said:

I will do this...so long as Jack doesn't sell me a G23 tomorrow. 

I'll take a 257 all day over a G23. I have one left..

Fivebar2    176
25 minutes ago, NW Boat Sports said:

I'll take a 257 all day over a G23. I have one left..

The 257 is an incredible boat and wave producing machine!! I've surfed over 100 hours on both a g23 and 257 this season!

• Like 1