Jlagos

2010 Centurion enzo sv240

Jlagos    23

Hey all, I'm obviously new to the forum and was hoping to get feedback from this brain trust. I'm an considering purchasing a used 2010 enzo sv 240 but am having difficulty finding information about its overall attitude on the water. We area family of 6 who weigh no more than a total 600 lbs (but growing). The boat does have 1250 lbs of factory installed water ballasts. I have been unable find significant information on the surf and wakeboard wave it will throw out. We do not need competition performance waves but a very good wave will be much appreciated. I would likely have the wake plate changed to an asymmetrical design, as it appears to help, considering we are a family that is goofy and regular footed. Ohh, additional ballasts will need to be out of sight or the Ms. will not be happy.

chadr    328

You will have an awesome wave for your family with that boat. You will need to get rid of the stock ballast and install custom sacks in each locker because stock ballast is nowhere near enough. I have mine plumbed in under the seats and the Mrs doesn't have to have any sacks on the seat. Mine is an 08 so I don't know what the differences between mine and yours will be, but I am sure you will have a great time with it.

Good luck and keep us informed!

DrNate    426

I have a 2011 that is very similar. Main difference is that yours does not have the Quick Fills, and that can be a good thing. What Chad said was exactly right. Get an enzo sac for the Port and Starboard sides and have them individually plumbed with a reverse ballast puppy and you will be good to go. The wake surf wave is unbelievable. The wakeboard wake is good also but takes a little tweaking. You are right to go with an asymetrical wake plate if you surf goofy.

As far as attitude, the boat tends to ride nose up when surfing and a little when wakeboarding, but it's not bad. In fact, it's a good thing so that the deep vee bottom cuts right through any chop. Very smooth ride and plenty of room for your whole family! You will not need sacks on seats with this boat.

Also, where are you located if you don't mind me asking? We can help you shop!

Edited by DrNate
  • Like 2

DrNate    426

I also wanted to say before someone corrected me that the Enzo sac will not fit on the Starboard side but it will fill up the entire space. I suppose you could have a custom sac made or contact wakemakers and see if they already have one.

Jlagos    23

Thanks for the input guys. It sounds as if the boat would be a good fit. I live in Spartanburg, SC which is 2 hours north of Atlanta and 1.5 south of Charlotte. I am eyeing a 2010 with about 400 hrs. It appears very clean and and well kept. Apparently it's always been kept under roof and the interior supposedly represents this. I will be taking a look at it this weekend. We have tentatively agreed on a price of 42,500 if I like the boat and it motors properly. The price appears to be ok but If not, please chime in.

chadr    328

Thanks for the input guys. It sounds as if the boat would be a good fit. I live in Spartanburg, SC which is 2 hours north of Atlanta and 1.5 south of Charlotte. I am eyeing a 2010 with about 400 hrs. It appears very clean and and well kept. Apparently it's always been kept under roof and the interior supposedly represents this. I will be taking a look at it this weekend. We have tentatively agreed on a price of 42,500 if I like the boat and it motors properly. The price appears to be ok but If not, please chime in.

Go do a good once over on it and let us know what you find. I think the price is ok. I paid more for mine back 4 years ago. Upholstery being in good shape for a 7 year old boat is a good thing. Garage kept is also a definite plus.

Send us pics if you can. Tapatalk is the best app I have found for posting pics.

DrNate    426

Yeah, that price is more than reasonable I'd say

BoardCo    110

As long as that boat is running the 409 engine that is a great deal no matter how you look at it. I would jump on it quick - you'll be really happy with the SV240 - I've had a number of them and they can't be beat, especially at that price tag.

• Like 1

Jlagos    23

I was unable to look at the boat this weekend but did find out the "computer" was replaced 3-4 year ago because the engine was stalling. Therefore the number of hours on the engine is unknown. It could be less but also much more. Eventually it was found that the crankshaft sensor was causing the problems and its replacement solved the issue. I don't know why the original computer was not put back into function. However, he does have the old computer. I'm waiting to hear how many hours the engine had before it was swapped.

chadr    328
As long as that boat is running the 409 engine that is a great deal no matter how you look at it. I would jump on it quick - you'll be really happy with the SV240 - I've had a number of them and they can't be beat, especially at that price tag.

That's a good point! Make sure it has the 409!

BoardCo    110

You can really dig into the computer issue if you want but you can tell a lot about the number of hours just based on the condition of the boat. I wouldn't be worried about it unless you think there is a possibility it has over 1000 at that price. If it has less than 400 hours on the current computer I wouldn't worry about it at all.