BrandinS21    11

Has anyone tried to build or buy a silent stinger trim plate and retrofit to your Supreme. I would like to add FAE and a stinger style plate to see if it cleans up the goofy wave. I was thinking the silent stinger would accomplish both??

MFaso    56

Not sure what you mean by "silent" stinger but I have seen that the 2017 stinger plate is something you can have easily added to older models. I think there was a dealer here that said they have done it a bunch of times. But, I'm not sure if this is the same thing as the "silent" stinger. I haven't seen that name yet. I just call it the stinger plate.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Cwazy1    89

The silent stinger is a new exhaust diffuser that was implemented first on the new ri257. Its essentially a soft pipe from the exhaust outlet to a 1" thick perforated attachment on the top of the new stinger plate. The exhaust gets dispersed partly through the stinger plate into the water underneath as well as around the perimeter of the plate. This alleviates the problem with exhaust fumes coming up above the swim platform due to the huge stinger plate blocking any water from reaching the exhaust port and diffusing the fumes.

Since the new diffuser was just released, I doubt anyone has tried to retrofit one just yet. To my knowledge the option for '17 boats to add the diffuser was just a few hundred dollars. Same goes for a new stinger plate. I'd assume you could order both parts from your dealer and slap them on there for under 1500$ including labor. Someone was even saying that the mount points from the double edge sword plate was the same as the stinger and all it takes it to unscrew the attachment screws and screw in the new plate. No need to fill holes and what not.

Edited by Cwazy1

Personally I wouldn't go out of your way to put on a SILENT stinger. I noticed very little exhaust smell on my S238, with the exception of when I was surfing with my port quick surf tab completely removed. Yes, removed. Oddly enough the fumes in the boat were noxious. Once I put it back on, they were gone like always. Somehow that's keeping the exhaust from rising up. At any rate I fail to see how the silent stinger will help with exhaust smell.(that I don't think exists anyway). Will it help with noise? Maybe, but the boat seems pretty quiet as is. I'd say just go for the regular stinger plate. I haven't swapped one, but if the same mount points are used, it will take you five minutes. I can def help you out if you are going to pay me $1500 lol.

NW Vettes    11

Any updates on this idea of creating or retro fitting these silent stingers? Seems like a much better design then the FAE