DjOM21

What boat do you own / what boats have you owned.

NAW    2

NAW I'm thinking a 257! If you haven't demo'd one yet, it should definitely be on your list. Just ask any of the Malibu converts on here. Happy hunting.

As a fan of wakeboats in general and having been around them for nearly 20 years....I don't think I'll be in a Centurion. Not taking anything away from them, or you guys for enjoying them, just not my cup o tea.

bobhauck    4

Bought a 1973 Larson 1700 Shark when I was 17. Great boat. Never had an issue on the water. Then got a 2001 Monterey 190 LS. Terrible boat. Nothing but issues on the water including catching on fire once. Then got a 1993 Centurion Falcon XP DD. Great boat. Never had an issue on the water. I currently have a 2005 Centurion Avalance Storm III. Have not had a chance to take it out yet but I am very excited.

Hyperryd    6

I haven't been around for a while since I sold my Centurion, but I always like the group around here. Here goes mine.

1996 Tige PRE2000 direct drive closed bow. (Still the best boat I've owned since I met my wife on it)

post-5494-0-94337200-1490680002_thumb.jpgpost-5494-0-65331300-1490680021_thumb.jpg

Hyperryd    6

Next up was my 2004 MB Sports B52. It was my only brand new boat. Then we started our family so we left the lake for a couple of years.

post-5494-0-92348500-1490681751_thumb.jpg

post-5494-0-67703300-1490681765_thumb.jpg

Hyperryd    6

After a couple of years off I went back to the lake on a family friendly budget. I bought my 1997 Mariah from the bank as a repo recovery. Paid $3500, spent $2k over the next 4 years and sold it for $9k.

post-5494-0-63292500-1490682931_thumb.jpg

Hyperryd    6

Next was my 2002 Centurion Sport Bowrider direct drive. Finally had the family loving the lake on this boat. Also found out I needed a bigger boat now that the kids wanted to bring friends. I'll miss this boat.

post-5494-0-35899500-1490683393_thumb.jpg

Hyperryd    6

So number five is a 2011 MB Sport B52. Got a great deal on it and it fits the family perfect. I've been busy with a bunch of mods and making her mine.

post-5494-0-14914800-1490683545_thumb.jpg

Dandy    43

Interesting thread, this was fun to read through.

Growing up, my father had some sort of military surplus boat, basically a large fiberglass jon boat. We had alot of fun with it. Then he purchased a project boat and we worked together on it. I have always loved being around and on the water, being in the water is different seeing as I am a bit hydrophobic. I am the guy that puts on a life jacket to jump in for a swim - as long as it's on and my face is above water I do alright.

When our daughter was 3 (10 years ago) I picked up our families first boat:

It was a something or another fish and ski, kind of a project boat.

Kept it for about a year and bought a 1997 Marada I/O fish and ski. Put a tower on it and did alot of wakeboarding

In 2008, we took a trip to San Diego and went on a wakeboarding session, since it was the 3 of us, they offered to teach us to surf... LOVED IT.

Had dreams of wakesurfing for years (being inland in MN)

In 2013, we were making more $$$ and I had permission to buy a new boat. My daughter and I did some research at the boat show and ordered a 2013 Tige Z1. Picking out the colors was tough.

Traded it towards fall of 2014 for a 2014 G23. Loved the boat, our 2nd new boat.

During this time, I also had a 12' Zuma Sail boat.

Spring 2015, picked up a 15' Boston Whaler - excuse was to get something our daughter could learn to drive and safely tow when she grows up.

Sold the G23 in fall of 15 and bought a house in 2016 - thought I would be wakeboatless for a while. Wife made me sell the Zuma sailboat...3 boats was too many to her.

When we sold our old house, we had some equity that I convinced her to let me use for a boat. We now have a 2007 Tige 22Ve. It was between the 22Ve or a Centurion since it had to surf and be less than $40K. I just couldn't find the right Centruion at that time. The Tige had already have full ballast upgrade and had been well taken care of. Picked her up out of TN.

So now, its the 22Ve and the BW 150SS in the shed.

Funny thing, as much as I had loved getting 2 NEW boats and the new boat smell, we have had more fun on the 10 year old Tige. It already had a few scratches, had wear in the interior...We now use the boat without worry - still wipe her down after each use and store inside, but don't have to worry about keeping it perfect or putting the 1st scratch on it + we dont have a payment.

I still keep my eyes open and someday will pick up a newer boat, but it will be used to us.