Sign in to follow this  
Wolfpacker

'06 Elite V 750lb'rs in the lockers?

Wolfpacker    4

Hey Crew,

Not quite 1 week as a Centurion owner. Trying to get my ballast setup going mainly for surf. Boat has center ballast only currently. I keep reading about 750lb sacs in the rear lockers, and my measurement show it as close, but I have concerns about the blower vent tubes getting crushed. Can anyone post pics or specific feedback about this combination.

Also, I'm looking to go to the Fulton F2 winch, on a boatmate trailer and initial layout is not promising without adding a bracket to set the winch level with the boat. Any experience there?

Thanks in advance, appreciate any help you can offer!

Jake707    171

I have a 2000 elite and initially thought the same thing. When I measured it out according to wake makers site it didn't look like 750s would fit but my 400s weren't enough so I gambled on it after a couple others here with the same boat said it would work. I'm glad I did. They make a big difference. They fill up both sections well but don't go above the section dividers nor do they damage the vent tubes on he inside of the transom. You are good to get them. Hell some on here run 1100s and just don't fill them all the way.

chenige    84

I think the vent tubes should be up high behind the fiberglass?

Here are my old 400's which are now used under the port side seat and on the floor.post-5486-0-15563300-1472033665_thumb.jpg

DarksideR    1,679

I had an 06 Elite V for 5+ years. I plumbed in 750's in the rear lockers. The blower vent tube on the starboard side would get squished and often pull out of the side vent housing. Wasn't a big deal as I had to tape that vent up anyways so water wouldn't come pouring in. I ran it listed (hard) with the surf corner 750 full plus 150lbs of lead and 250lbs of lead under the surf side seat. Then depending on crew size, would throw another 800lbs in bags on the seats and floor.

Now... if I owned that boat still, I'd be looking at these "suck gates" and would start with both rear 750's and center tank full.

PS. If you're worried about crushing the fiberglass vent tube thing in the locker, don't be. When you're filling the bags, you should have the locker doors open and watching them fill. Shut it off early if you want.

DarksideR    1,679

Thanks folks - exactly what I was looking for. Hope to see you out on the water!

Welcome to the Crew!

Where are you located and what's your home lake?

Wolfpacker    4

Welcome to the Crew!

Where are you located and what's your home lake?

Thanks DarksideR - I'm in Cary NC (greater Raleigh) and spend 90% of my freshwater time on Jordan Lake. I offshore fish a good bit out of Morehead City on the coast of NC, but don't think I'll be using the Elite for that :laughing:

• Like 1