Mrdeerwood

FS33 FS44 prop hull burn?

Mrdeerwood    26

For what it's worth, I ran a 14.5x13.75 for 70ish hrs followed by a 14.5x12.5 - 5 blade for 20ish hours, then a 15x12 for 15ish hrs and most recently a 14.5 x 12 for around 70hrs without a scuff from any of the props.

Forgot to ask, which prop was your favorite out of those 4?

lovetosurf    48

Loved the 15x12 most but it was the only one that cavitated so I had to rule it out as I'm guessing it would eventually burn the hull. So for our lakes (5,500ft - 6,500ft) it would have to be the 2079 (14.5x12). It's the only prop that could handle all the ballast and hit surf speeds with a crew of 6 adults...barely. I will say the 5 blade 14.5x12.5 was a close second but for some reason was very inconsistent day to day?

I have no doubt these boats need to be running at least a 15" prop to perform at altitude. I suspect I could even drop an inch in pitch and run the 15x13 if clearance wasn't an issue.

gkjrs    0

Yes. Mine with the XR550 came from the factory with an Acme 2279 15 x 15.75 x 0.105 cup.

My FS44 came same way, XR550, HA Prop 2279. 153hrs, pretty clear water. no burn though...

Edited by gkjrs

stoked    1,039

My FS44 came same way, XR550, HA Prop 2279. 153hrs, pretty clear water. no burn though...

What's your clearance for the 2279?

Mrdeerwood    26

Bump...

anyone else have issues? I didn't put the plate on (would have lost a ton of clearance). Ran the rest of the year on the 14.5" listed without any problems. Pretty sure using QS and running full ballast is where I got my burn. Surfs much better listed like everyone else says...

• Like 1