Mrdeerwood

FS33 FS44 prop hull burn?

Mrdeerwood    26

Wondering how many people are getting hull burn? Have a 2015 FS33 and noticed some light burn/bubbling in the gelcoat above the prop. I caught it very early and they are sending a plate to warranty it. I have heard of a few boats now getting hull burn now...

DarksideR    1,679

Nothing on mine yet. Only 35 hours though. I wonder how much silt in the water makes a difference for this happening.

stoked    1,039

I haven't checked mine since downgrading the size in the off season, I'll check tonight. I was getting a little pitting with a 2279, only having 1/2" of clearance. Now I'm on a 1615 with 3/4" clearance. Jester did a decent write-up on testing he did with different props:

http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.php/topic/10820-fs-acme-1235/?p=144122

I think I got mine before there was burn, the 2279 was only on for 20 or 30 hours.

Mrdeerwood    26

I'm familiar with his prop write up. I run a few different lakes in Mn but they are all very clean. I really don't think it was a silt issue. I have been very cautious of how I run the boat after a buddy got hull burn (slowly power up, make sure rudder is centered, etc). I normally don't run extremely heavy. Just wife and 3 small kids (maybe a few more adults/kids) here and there but average maybe 5-700lbs people. Never ran extra bags or lead. Like I said, I have been watching this thing like a hawk for the last 20-30 hours since my buddy got his. Last weekend I was loaded up with people and I think that's when I got it. Steering wheel shook more than normal when driving no matter how careful I was driving. Not sure if the shaking was all from cavitation but I have had it in the past while surfing. Forgot to mention I always use QS... Wife likes it better and it's just easier with small kids running all over the boat. Last few times I have run full ballast loaded level w QS. Maybe it's the extra ballast load and QS drag?

Edited by Mrdeerwood
  • Like 1

Mrdeerwood    26

Did some rough estimates on load last weekend. Normally ran 2-4 adults and 3-6 kids. One time I took out the entire crew to surf. 6 adults and 8 kids (ages 4-12). Guessing 1700lbs total crew, boat handled the load awesome. Plenty of room, no extra coolers or bags, etc. probably was at 3/8 to 1/2 tank gas. Used QS, Filled the Rams full (bags empty) and gave surf lessons to the kids. Wave was good but not to intimidating for the kids. After the kids were done I ran the rear PNP to 50% and front PNP to 20% to surf myself (didn't want to load up too much). Wave was normal to slightly above normal. Only surfed that way for maybe 5 minutes (one pass).

Biggest problem I see so far from centurion is they under prop there boats for the amount of ballast and QS Drag. I sure hope the bandage plate works....

stoked    1,039

The problem is that the bandage plate isn't going to let you go bigger because you'll cavitate, in fact I think they recommend smaller with the plate because you're losing some clearance.

Mrdeerwood    26

Stoked, are you still running a 14.5"? Has the factory mentioned anything about running a 14.5" and associated problems? I see most guys that are serious run some version of a 14.5" prop on the 33 & 44...

stoked    1,039

Stoked, are you still running a 14.5"? Has the factory mentioned anything about running a 14.5" and associated problems? I see most guys that are serious run some version of a 14.5" prop on the 33 & 44...

Yeah, the 1615 is 14.5. Listed surfing we run around 32-3500 rpms depending on surf speed, roughly 5 gph, top speed is well in to the 30s, I haven't tried to top out since installing my FAE, to afraid of the stress it would put on it.

ryno726    16

I have a large plate above the prop on my FS33, still running a 14.5" prop. It's a tight squeeze on clearance, and yes it cavitates on occasion. Haven't had this new prop long enough to get any real data on when it's happening.

Mrdeerwood    26

I have a large plate above the prop on my FS33, still running a 14.5" prop. It's a tight squeeze on clearance, and yes it cavitates on occasion. Haven't had this new prop long enough to get any real data on when it's happening.

Dealer told me they are waiting to hear from fineline but they recommend a smaller prop. That's not acceptable, the 1847 stock 14" prop barely pushes this boat when filled with a few people. Can't imagine what a 13.5" prop would do.

Ryno, Did they send you the plate under warranty and have a dealer install? Also what 14.5" prop are you running? How much clearance do you have?

Edited by Mrdeerwood

volzalum    280

The factory made me take mine to an authorized warranty place that received and installed the plate. They reduced my prop from an Acme 2279 15 x 15.75 x 0.105 cup to an Acme 2003 14 X 17.75 X 0.135 cup. Depending on performance at Lake Powell next week, I may change to an Acme 1591 14 X 16.00 X 0.135 cup for next season.

stoked    1,039

I just checked and my 1615 has zero burn and I get no cavitation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryno726    16

Dealer told me they are waiting to hear from fineline but they recommend a smaller prop. That's not acceptable, the 1847 stock 14" prop barely pushes this boat when filled with a few people. Can't imagine what a 13.5" prop would do.

Ryno, Did they send you the plate under warranty and have a dealer install? Also what 14.5" prop are you running? How much clearance do you have?

The plate was on the boat when I bought it, I'm pretty certain the dealer installed. I just put on the 2079 prop because I've been running at 6000' elevation. You have prop burn from a 14"? with the plate you should still be fine with a 14", but maybe some boats vary? I would say my clearance is around 3/8"

• Like 1

Mrdeerwood    26

I was running the 1615 (14.5") at 800' elevation because that's what everyone recommended. That's a great prop. WAAAY better than the stock 1847 (14")...

Edited by Mrdeerwood

DarksideR    1,679

Anyone wanna trade a 1615 for my 1847????

stoked    1,039

Yeah, no bueno. I got about 5% of that with the 2279 and instantly took it off and put the 1847 back on. So I think I caught mine in time. You might of as well, maybe they can just repair the gel coat and you go down a size? I personally wouldn't want the plate because they recommend a smaller prop. But there are some that were really bad to the point of almost a see though hole

volzalum    280

Yes, mine from the factory 15" prop was much worse than that.

post-555-0-79137600-1470936528_thumb.jpeg

post-555-0-38150600-1470936540_thumb.jpeg

post-555-0-73591200-1470936552_thumb.jpeg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..