MobEnzo

Surf Fins and Board Storage

MobEnzo    51

Couldn't find a related topic to this... Just got a new to me board and don't want to wreck it. Do you guys leave your fins in when storing the board in a bag? Or take them out after use prior to storing? Seems like a little bit of a pain, but like I said I don't want to wreck this board. I've always left them in the IS Mucus, but also have always just stored it in the boat. It's starting to look a little beat up, but fins have been fine.

Thanks!

DrNate    426

I leave my fins on as long as it will still fit in the board bag. If I was going to fly with it or something I would consider taking the fins off and storing them in the bag pouch.

Edited by DrNate

stoked    1,039

My fins stay in. I have board racks in the basement so the boards travel back and forth between them and the boat. If I stacked my boards I'd probably remove them at first, then I'd get lazy about it...

MobEnzo    51

Cool, thanks guys! Fins in it is...

DarksideR    1,679

I've always left them in in my Soulcraft. I often would load it and one or two other boards in a large board bag and take them to the lake on the floor of the boat. But my Soulcraft recently broke. Don't know if transporting it this way led to the break, but I'll think twice about doing it with the new board.