Sign in to follow this  
lakerat

Finally Hit The Water

lakerat    70

It's been a disappointing summer; health and family issues along with weird weather have kept me off the water until yesterday. Even then we almost didn't get to put the boat in the water; when we showed up at the lake there were state, federal and local police, rescue divers and the bomb squad at the launch. The only info they would give was that they were looking for an explosive device in the water! They did let us launch and we hightailed it to the other end of the lake. It turned out to be some kind of pipe bomb. http://www.wallowa.com/local_news/20160722/authorities-remove-pipe-bomb-from-wallowa-lake

Anyway, I'm happy to report that my 69th birthday surf went well; the boat ran great and we had fun. Every year I wonder if I'll still be able to surf and get out of bed the next morning. lol I'm happy to say I had a good session and can still walk this morning. I hope everyone else is having a good year.

• Like 5

Bongo Fury    640

Anyway, I'm happy to report that my 69th birthday surf went well; the boat ran great and we had fun. Every year I wonder if I'll still be able to surf and get out of bed the next morning. lol I'm happy to say I had a good session and can still walk this morning. I hope everyone else is having a good year.

AWESOME!!!

DarksideR    1,679

Wow! Sorry it's been a slow season for you, but super pumped to hear you had a good birthday surf! Happy Birthday!!

Cdifranco    463

Must've been because that surf wave is DA BOMB!

And kudos, I hope I can surf when I'm 60 let alone 69! Keep it up man

Edited by Cdifranco
  • Like 1

bluesman280    99

Glad you got put for a surf on your Bday. I wish i could surf on my bday but December is a littlr frosty in Canada.Sometimes life just gets in the way of boating, but it always puts a smile on my face when I finally get the boat in the water each summer.