jayz-23    12

Hey Guys,

I have an 07 Enzo SV230.

The original prop was an Acme 857,

Last year I upgraded to a 1579 and worked great, this year first run out I trashed it.

Local place has both another 1579 or 1433 available,

Will I gain or lose going to a 1433?

Thanks

Dreamer    96

With an extra 1/2" diameter you'll gain a bit of hole shot but probably the same top end. The 1433 might cause some gel burn as it will be within 1/2" of your hull.

volzalum    280

Well the specs are:

1579: 13.5x14.25 with .105 cup

1433: 14x14.25 with .105 cup

If you have the clearance for another ¼ inch, and the 1579 had some RPM to spare, you should get slightly better performance with the 1433, and turn slightly less RPM at same speeds. If you were not able to redline with the 1579, you might not be able to spin the 1433 as good though, and may lose performance. All things being equal, the 1433 will perform slightly better due to less slip from greater surface area at slightly lower RPM.

stoked    1,039

Definitely make sure you have 3/4" or more clearance from blade to hull. Otherwise, as Dreamer said, very good chance of gel burn and even worse

jayz-23    12

Ok, thanks guys.

Does anyone on here run a 1433 on an 07 Enzo for some confirmation of clearance tolerances?

volzalum    280

Ok, thanks guys.

Does anyone on here run a 1433 on an 07 Enzo for some confirmation of clearance tolerances?

Since these boats are hand made, you have to make sure for your boat as each boat has different individual clearances.

jayz-23    12
How much clearance do you have now with the 1579?

I dont know, theres no prop on the boat now and the 1579 is trashed

Dreamer    96

The 13.5" diameter on my 07 SV230 only had 1/2" clearance to the hull.

Do you still have the 857 that you can mock up and measure?

jayz-23    12

I will this week as its actually getting repaired as it was repairable as it had minor dog ear that was causing vibration. So ive been sitting with no props for few weeks. Good thing its been mostly rainy

super1990    18

I am pretty sure the 1433 is what I ran last year. I did get the burn on the bottom of my 2008 Enzo SV230 but it was minor. I really noticed a difference with the bigger diameter prop. I am now running the 1617 which is even a lower pitch and it works great for surfing but it does rev a bit on top end.

jayz-23    12

Im curious of the 1433, i just put the 857 back on which is 13.25" dia and I have 7/8" of an inch clearance from highest point of a blade to hull. Notices i had some marks right above but dont think its burn but actual goughes from trashing the last prop and kicking a rock around. So with the 1433 i would add anoth .4 of an inch...that seems like to close for comfort and may just have to go with a 1579 again