Sign in to follow this  
Boulder Preston

Not Enough Push

h20king    794

Fill both quick fills center hard tank bow sack rear sacks and you will need extra weight under the side seats. I have 200lb sacks + 240 lbs of lead on eack side under the side seats and the wave is awesome. My new favorite set up is listed though . I run both quick fills full 120lbs lead in the rear on the off side bow sack full center tank full surf side sacks full plus 360 LBS lead on surf side trim at 25% speed at 11 and the wave is amazing

Edited by h20king
  • Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

We found we couldn't have hardly any bow weight when running goofy but need the bow weight for regular on surfsupv226' S238

h20king    794

I have 700 in the rear and a 200 under the side seats its the wakemakers kit

gwiz    23

I meant what size does Boulder Preston have. I also have the wake makers kit.

Edited by gwiz

h20king    794

I meant what size does Boulder Preston have. I also have the wake makers kit.

ahhhh gotcha im sure the answer is not enough LOL Edited by h20king
  • Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

When in doubt, sack it out!

• Like 2

h20king    794

H will soon have the full compartment S238 sacs..

BOOM !!!! Another NW Boat Sport's custom option :) Edited by h20king
  • Like 1

Sorry for the delay. I have the 2 standard 550 lb bags in the back and the 3 quick fill hard tanks. Is the consensus that I need either more bags or lead? Thanks to all.

• Like 1

gwiz    23

Yes a lot more weight. I have the wake makers package which I believe is 1730 pounds instead of the standard 1100. I feel like I need quite a bit more weight to run for a quick surf setup. For listed I personally would just add a bit more lead myself that was pretty decent. I went out Wednesday and tried both. Quick surf was ok but nothing impressive, just seemed a little weak.

I have all the factory ballast 2 rear sacs 2 quick fill tanks bow under seat bag and the center bag. We have been out all weekend surfing and we were able to ride the wave without the rope for as long as you wanted. I dont put any weight in the front of mine at all. all we fill up (for port side surfing) is the rear port side bag 100% and the port side quick fill at 10.4mph. The wave is very white capped at first so i put about 40-50% of center trim tab. The wave has an awesome curl at the end and quite a bit of push. I am 230lbs and didnt have a problem riding without the rope. Hope that helps.