Combs19    20

Also the dealer had a few Ri237's down at Powell this week and said they were running the Acme 2277 15x15.75 prop and it was performing really well.

Do you know what engine was in those boats? It sounds like the Ri's with the supercharger on it comes from the factor with the ACME 2277 and those have a 1 to 1.46 gear reduction on them. If they were the H6 motor I love to try the prop. I should have the OJ wake pro 948 15 x 14 on and some test with a good load this weekend.

Donterry    7
Also the dealer had a few Ri237's down at Powell this week and said they were running the Acme 2277 15x15.75 prop and it was performing really well.

Do you know what engine was in those boats? It sounds like the Ri's with the supercharger on it comes from the factor with the ACME 2277 and those have a 1 to 1.46 gear reduction on them. If they were the H6 motor I love to try the prop. I should have the OJ wake pro 948 15 x 14 on and some test with a good load this weekend.

Talked to the dealer today. He just tested the 2277 on the Ri237 with the H6 engine that I'm picking up Friday. He said it was "fully loaded" with ballast and quick surf was engaged but they only had two people in the boat. The test lake is at 5400 ft and I'm not sure on how much fuel was in the boat. He said that boat was at 3300-3400 RPM's at "surf speed" and preformed well. I will be doing a lake test in the boat on Friday and I can reconfirm with my own eyes.

• Like 1

Combs19    20

Talked to the dealer today. He just tested the 2277 on the Ri237 with the H6 engine that I'm picking up Friday. He said it was "fully loaded" with ballast and quick surf was engaged but they only had two people in the boat. The test lake is at 5400 ft and I'm not sure on how much fuel was in the boat. He said that boat was at 3300-3400 RPM's at "surf speed" and preformed well. I will be doing a lake test in the boat on Friday and I can reconfirm with my own eyes.

Looking forward to what you see your self. I know my stock ACME 1589 14.5 X 16 with a couple adults and full ballast and gas at surf speed 11.8mph was in the 4200 to 4300 rpm range. Also would like to know what top speed is with that prop if you get the chance. I'm seeing 40.2 mph at 5600 rpm and around 29 at 4000 rpm.

NW Boat Sports    232

Thanks a lot to think about. Leaning towards the OJ WakePro 848 4 Blade 15" x 14" Propeller now.

The 848 is a splined prop for a MC. Does OJ make a keyed alternative?

Combs19    20

The 848 is a splined prop for a MC. Does OJ make a keyed alternative?

Yes they do it's the 948 just had it wrong there. I have it going to be sticking it on today for the long weekend.

NW Boat Sports    232

Yes they do it's the 948 just had it wrong there. I have it going to be sticking it on today for the long weekend.

K let me know how it does

acman    59

The 16 pitch does seem a bit too much. I cant get above 18 mph with full ballast and quick launch engaged for wake boarding. Have to drop the ram fill back to about 75% to get it to 22-24mph with thestock prop and a lite crew. There also seems to be some software issue with the tab crossover setting. I changed it from 18MPH to 21 and the all tabs still retract around 18 MPH.

Edited by acman

Combs19    20

Here is my finding on the Wake Pro 948 15" X 14" prop. I put on about 8 hours of surf time over the past weekend with it. To start off with all the ballast empty the top speed dropped to 36.5 mph. With full fuel, full ballast (all tanks and bags except 90% in counter ram tank), 5 adults 2 kids, and 460lbs of additional lead under the rear bags and some under the rear corner seats with a speed of 11.8 to 12mph I was getting around 4300 to 4400rpm. I would have to say this prop is much better then the stock prop but not having tested any other prop other then stock I have not much to go on. With the stock 1589 14.5" x 16" and the same setup as above I feel it would of struggled to get up to surf speed or not even make it there and with the 948 prop it would get right up to speed. Now Lak3surf3r or someone with more setup experience then me might have some better guidance on setup but with the lead and 5 adults sitting in the rear I would have to fill up the front hard tank (300lbs) and front bag (750lbs) just to pull the surf side rub rail out of the water and get up to surf speed (11.8 to 12mph). With out the front bag full and just the hard tank full I would only see 10.8mph tops. With this setup the wave seemed great to me it was tall (center plate at 30), long and clean but with this being my fist surf boat I don't have much to compare to.

DarksideR    1,679

Here is my finding on the Wake Pro 948 15" X 14" prop. I put on about 8 hours of surf time over the past weekend with it. To start off with all the ballast empty the top speed dropped to 36.5 mph. With full fuel, full ballast (all tanks and bags except 90% in counter ram tank), 5 adults 2 kids, and 460lbs of additional lead under the rear bags and some under the rear corner seats with a speed of 11.8 to 12mph I was getting around 4300 to 4400rpm. I would have to say this prop is much better then the stock prop but not having tested any other prop other then stock I have not much to go on. With the stock 1589 14.5" x 16" and the same setup as above I feel it would of struggled to get up to surf speed or not even make it there and with the 948 prop it would get right up to speed. Now Lak3surf3r or someone with more setup experience then me might have some better guidance on setup but with the lead and 5 adults sitting in the rear I would have to fill up the front hard tank (300lbs) and front bag (750lbs) just to pull the surf side rub rail out of the water and get up to surf speed (11.8 to 12mph). With out the front bag full and just the hard tank full I would only see 10.8mph tops. With this setup the wave seemed great to me it was tall (center plate at 30), long and clean but with this being my fist surf boat I don't have much to compare to.

Video... Pics...

Thanks for the info

Lak3surf3r    714

sounds like its still struggling. I have my stock prop 14.5x14.25 with the smae settings and weight as you but with 8 adults in the boat I was at the same rpms as you. Realistically for that weight it needs a 15.5" prop with the 16 pitch to drop the rpms a bit and give more torque or the 15" diameter needs a 15.5-15" pitch on it or a little more cup on the 16" pitch prop.

Combs19    20

Video... Pics...

Thanks for the info

Sorry but left the go pro at home and didn't get any good pic with the phone. Should be out on the lake this week and will post some pics

Combs19    20

sounds like its still struggling. I have my stock prop 14.5x14.25 with the smae settings and weight as you but with 8 adults in the boat I was at the same rpms as you. Realistically for that weight it needs a 15.5" prop with the 16 pitch to drop the rpms a bit and give more torque or the 15" diameter needs a 15.5-15" pitch on it or a little more cup on the 16" pitch prop.

Was thinking the same thing. RPM'S are still high but the prop is definitely a better option then the stock 1589. I'm hearing some rumors as well that the 2017 Ri's will be come with a 16" prop on them. I might just wait and see what it will cost to modify mine to a 16" prop once the 2017 are out. I think I could do a little better with a different 15" prop or possible a 15.5" but to see huge improvement from where I I'm with the 15" x 14" prop I'll have to wait for a mod/update kit to 16" prop. I sure hope Centurion gives us guys with 16 Ri's a deal on 16" prop kit if the rumors come true for 2017.

Donterry    7

Was thinking the same thing. RPM'S are still high but the prop is definitely a better option then the stock 1589. I'm hearing some rumors as well that the 2017 Ri's will be come with a 16" prop on them. I might just wait and see what it will cost to modify mine to a 16" prop once the 2017 are out. I think I could do a little better with a different 15" prop or possible a 15.5" but to see huge improvement from where I I'm with the 15" x 14" prop I'll have to wait for a mod/update kit to 16" prop. I sure hope Centurion gives us guys with 16 Ri's a deal on 16" prop kit if the rumors come true for 2017.

It would at least be nice for Centurion to pop their heads up in here and try to support the brand. Maybe too much to ask after reading the warranty support issues from the other thread.

If they change the prop pocket in the hull for 2017, they only need about 5/8" to support a 16" prop, then I would think that the 2016 owners are screwed. They may change the prop shaft angle and that would probably involve new engine mounts, a prop shaft strut/log and few small things. I'm not sure what the current prop shaft angle is on the RI but going too steep (>16 degrees) can potentially cause a host of other issues. With either solution they would more than likely also step up to a 1 1/4" prop shaft.

I would be happy if there was a way to keep the RPM's below 4000 but I also am dealing with 5800 ft of elevation that doesn't help the situation.

• Like 1

Combs19    20

Here is a couple of photos of the wave from today. I know its hard to tell the size of the wave without a rider but it was just me and the wife and she can't drive and take pics at the same time. Go figure! On top of full ballast I had 2 400lbs and 1 155lbs Fly High fat sac on board along with the 460lbs of lead. The funny thing is without the 155lbs sac in the nose of the boat it won't get over 10.8 mph. With it in the front and me in the boat no one surfing it would get right up to 11.8mph no problem. I would of never thought that small amount of weight over all would make that much of a difference.

post-7725-0-88594100-1464821985_thumb.jpg

post-7725-0-72140800-1464822050_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Donterry    7

Looking forward to what you see your self. I know my stock ACME 1589 14.5 X 16 with a couple adults and full ballast and gas at surf speed 11.8mph was in the 4200 to 4300 rpm range. Also would like to know what top speed is with that prop if you get the chance. I'm seeing 40.2 mph at 5600 rpm and around 29 at 4000 rpm.

Turns out the dealer didn't realize that this boat had the zebra mussel filters installed and they increase the drain/fill times for any of the tanks/bags that use a pump to fill, so when he was testing the boat it wasn't anywhere near the weight it should have been at.

We took the boat out to try and get a better feel for the how the 2277 prop worked for us but we had some other issues and had to cut the day short. We will try again this weekend.

Donterry    7

Here is a couple of photos of the wave from today. I know its hard to tell the size of the wave without a rider but it was just me and the wife and she can't drive and take pics at the same time. Go figure! On top of full ballast I had 2 400lbs and 1 155lbs Fly High fat sac on board along with the 460lbs of lead. The funny thing is without the 155lbs sac in the nose of the boat it won't get over 10.8 mph. With it in the front and me in the boat no one surfing it would get right up to 11.8mph no problem. I would of never thought that small amount of weight over all would make that much of a difference.

Combs, that wave looks a mile long! It's hard to gauge the height without a rider. What RPMs were you running at 11.8 mph?

Combs19    20

Turns out the dealer didn't realize that this boat had the zebra mussel filters installed and they increase the drain/fill times for any of the tanks/bags that use a pump to fill, so when he was testing the boat it wasn't anywhere near the weight it should have been at.

We took the boat out to try and get a better feel for the how the 2277 prop worked for us but we had some other issues and had to cut the day short. We will try again this weekend.

I had the same issue when I first got my boat as well with the zebra mussel filters. I think the timers are set to 10 minutes now and I still have to override the pumps 5 times to get them to piss out the over flows. I'm thinking these filters get clogged easily and with only 40 hours on the boat I don't plan on replacing them monthly so might just pull them out. They should easily fill in 5 to 6 minutes without filters.

Combs19    20

Combs, that wave looks a mile long! It's hard to gauge the height without a rider. What RPMs were you running at 11.8 mph?

With all that weight and the new prop was at the 4300 to 4400 RPM's. So same RPM's as the stock prop but a lot weight.

Woody    1

Im picking up my 2017 Ri217 in a week and want to get a 2nd prop, I'm wondering if anybody has any advice on what prop to get?

• Like 1