WakeDirt

Asymmetrical plate anyone?

stoked    1,039

Is one rotation standard and one an option or customization? Basically how would I determine my prop rotation?

Take a loom at your prop, look at the numbers is there an L or R? LH is most common, but there are years where they bit out RH

Jake707    171

Boom! Got a friend at a metal shop fabing up a fixed A plate for me based off of that PDF template. We will see what the rage is all about hahaha

Jake707    171

Just got off the phone with my friend and he only has access to 12 gauge steel or smaller not the 8 gauge listed on the PDF plans. He suggested making two at 12 and stacking then welding them if needed. Anyone know if 12 gauge by itself would suffice or if two stacked 12 gauge pieces would work?

enzo101mo    98

Do you know any place that sells metal, iron or steel? If so they should be able to sell you what you need. I did mine in Stainless steel and got it from a company that sells steel

Do you know any place that sells metal, iron or steel? If so they should be able to sell you what you need. I did mine in Stainless steel and got it from a company that sells steel

Also most steel services I deal with will gladly for a small fee, shear the plate to your specs. And even brake the piece to the angle you specify. You could then once you get it easily trim the edges to the exact shape you want with a grinder and cut off wheel.

Not sure what the exactl angle is on an A-plate, but if you had it done on about 15 degrees I bet you could tweek it exactly like you want.

Not everyone has access to metal working tools so this would get you guys going that only have grinders and drills.

Personally I'm building mine as soon as I have time out of some 8ga I have at my shop.

Oops Enzo I misread what you said. Never mind.

Edited by Tommywalton1974