Sign in to follow this  
Bullfrog

Thoughts on 'Switchblade'

Cdifranco    463

As an engineer educated in America by mainly non US born teachers I was taught every thing in their way. Wherever they were from they didn't use the same units as America does. Now working for American companies in America it's a hassle. I do wish as well we would just get on the same page with everyone else. It makes it interesting when we deal with over seas customers though.

It's 10 meters?!?! No sir relax its 10 feet, sorry I'm a dumb American.

• Like 2

boatnut    230

It's worse When you have a US vehicle in Canada, and you look down and see your speed as 70 and the speed limit is 110 kmh , so you think, I can go faster, and then realize dam I am doing 70 mph lol

Edited by boatnut

Bullfrog    9

Dark, took your advice. Bought 2-400lbs sacs for under the side seats. Should be able to get at least 250-275lbs in them hopefully. This should give me close to 1500lbs and the Switchblade. Can't wait to get out on water and try it out.

adambomb2000    35

Bullfrog - I posted a diagram for 'A-plate for Switchblade boats' on the A-plate thread for you. Double check your dimensions for clearance from the blade first...and remember to account for the approx 3/8" for the hinge.

http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.php/topic/8608-addition-of-asymmetrical-plate/page-13#entry136076

adambomb2000    35

Just thinking about my Switchblade and wondering if anyone else has done the following:

Novice new surfers that still can't quite get the 'gas pedal / brake pedal' thing that I have had on the boat, when I can tell they are dropping out the back, I have cranked up the Switchblade a notch or two for just a sec to pop them back into the pocket.

I have only done this a few times and only when I can tell they aren't going to stay in the wave...don't do it all the time as ppl need to learn how to stay in themselves.

Just a random thought / question...

jiriki    13

Just wondering.. has anyone made any type of guard for the edge? One of my family members accidentally hit his shin on the blade and made a small cut. Thankfully, he didn't kick it hard.. but it looked painful.

This would be something I'd like to put on when just swimming around. Take it off for real surfing.

stoked    1,039
Just thinking about my Switchblade and wondering if anyone else has done the following:

Novice new surfers that still can't quite get the 'gas pedal / brake pedal' thing that I have had on the boat, when I can tell they are dropping out the back, I have cranked up the Switchblade a notch or two for just a sec to pop them back into the pocket.

I have only done this a few times and only when I can tell they aren't going to stay in the wave...don't do it all the time as ppl need to learn how to stay in themselves.

Just a random thought / question...

We do that without a switchblade by turning the wheel hard to the side they're surfing on and then turning it back, makes a big push forward.

• Like 1

Rhale    80

So, while removing my switchblade for our trip to Powell, the bottom bolt snapped in half! Now my understanding is that it's supposed to be brass so that it breaks if you hit something to reduce damage to the unit, however when I went to purchase a 5/16 brass bolt to replace I couldn't find a brass nylock nut. I just purchased a stainless one instead but was curious as to what everyone else was using?

Bullfrog    9

Thanks for the link Adambomb. My wake was awesome today. The goofy side was amazing. Can't wait until I get an 'A plate' made to fix up the regular side. I have a fixed plate so no hinge required. For the goofy side I had the switchblade set at 5 and it made the wake monstrous. My sons back leg was getting sore from having to brake so much. I wish i could just order one from Centurion as I'm having trouble finding someone to fab one up in decent time. Does Centurion make these 'A Plates'. I'm assuming they don't and that's why everyone is making their own.

• Like 1

Bullfrog    9

As soon as I figure out how I will send you one. It's about a 6"10x fixed plate, very small.

Bullfrog    9

Question for those that have an 'A plate' installed,

Those with a fixed 'A plate', does it run at the same angle as the hull or do you have it angled up or down? Those with the adjustable 'A plate', what position works best for you? In another thread about the A plate Troy had mention he runs with tibial of the way up, is all of the way up exactly in line with the boat or is it angled at all?

Bullfrog    9

Question for those that have an 'A plate' installed,

Those with a fixed 'A plate', does it run at the same angle as the hull or do you have it angled up or down? Those with the adjustable 'A plate', what position works best for you? In another thread about the A plate Troy had mention he runs with tibial of the way up, is all of the way up exactly in line with the boat or is it angled at all?

stoked    1,039

For Goofy we ride with it all the way up to 10 degrees down. For Regulat 30-50 down

Bullfrog    9

Stoked, is all the way up in line with the hull?

Bullfrog    9

Stoked, is all the way up in line with the hull?

stoked    1,039

It is. And this one is stock.

Bullfrog    9

Thanks. Should finally have an A plate by tomorrow. My daughter is exited to see her new wake, my goofy foot son is scared I'm going to wreck his.

stoked    1,039

Thanks. Should finally have an A plate by tomorrow. My daughter is exited to see her new wake, my goofy foot son is scared I'm going to wreck his.

Not to add to his fear, but that is what happened to my wife's regular wave and why we had to do the "FS" upgrade

Bullfrog    9

Oh crap!! It's made so I'll give it a try, I can always remove it and put the old plate on. The FS doesn't have this issue?