DarksideR    1,679

Check it out! Smallest gopro to date. Some pretty cool features like an open air mic that self drains when wet. Make sure you watch the video. Some amazing stuff as usual in there.

http://shop.gopro.com/hero4/hero4-session-surf/CHDSS-101.html

I think I'd still like the regular gopro more though.

Stretch    409

I think it's sweet, I mean it's got all the functions I really need. Likely to lose it though!

Stretch    409

Summer 2017 -Gopro contacts! "It's like seeing with your eyes!"

• Like 1

stoked    1,039

Check it out! Smallest gopro to date. Some pretty cool features like an open air mic that self drains when wet. Make sure you watch the video. Some amazing stuff as usual in there.

http://shop.gopro.com/hero4/hero4-session-surf/CHDSS-101.html

I think I'd still like the regular gopro more though.

I really like the aspect of the open air mic! I hate the muffled sound of the water proof case. I got this in my email earlier today too, I may have to spring for the surf one...

Cdifranco    463

I will probably pick one up and sell one of my Hero 4s. I am a sucker for new gadgets and I cant stand using the waterproof housing. Big question is does it float?

DarksideR    1,679

I really like the aspect of the open air mic! I hate the muffled sound of the water proof case. I got this in my email earlier today too, I may have to spring for the surf one...

Yeah, me too. That's why I always make videos to music and just kill the gopro audio. Looks like the surf one just comes with the surfboard mount... I've never stuck mine to anything.

I will probably pick one up and sell one of my Hero 4s. I am a sucker for new gadgets and I cant stand using the waterproof housing. Big question is does it float?

Me too, and good question! I didn't read anywhere in there about it floating.

stoked    1,039

Yeah, me too. That's why I always make videos to music and just kill the gopro audio. Looks like the surf one just comes with the surfboard mount... I've never stuck mine to anything.

Me too, and good question! I didn't read anywhere in there about it floating.

http://shop.gopro.com/accessories/floaty-for-hero4-session/ARFLT-001.html

• Like 1

stoked    1,039

Did some more reading and I'm probably going to hold off. My biggest issue is the battery, its internal and can't be swapped out. So you only get 2 hours at the lowest frame rate and quality before having to put it on the charger. I have a 5 hour battery on my current one, that lasts close to 3.5, then keep 3 regular battery spares so we can go all day. It sucks, I would have loved this if they had better expansion capability, maybe they eventually will make one that plugs into the current microUSB

DarksideR    1,679

Did some more reading and I'm probably going to hold off. My biggest issue is the battery, its internal and can't be swapped out. So you only get 2 hours at the lowest frame rate and quality before having to put it on the charger. I have a 5 hour battery on my current one, that lasts close to 3.5, then keep 3 regular battery spares so we can go all day. It sucks, I would have loved this if they had better expansion capability, maybe they eventually will make one that plugs into the current microUSB

Yeah, I thought the same thing about the built in battery. Realistically this camera isn't really an improvement over any of the current gen GoPros. It's just smaller. Might be beneficial for on a drone as it's lighter.

Edited by DarksideR

Stretch    409

Yea I think most beneficial for drones or for helmets. Supposedly cut down on wind resistance and don't pull your head back as much at speed.

Cdifranco    463

Had a surprise come in the mail today.. First impression is its pretty cool how much smaller it is than the normal hero 4s. Like stretch said I could definitely see this being beneficial for drones, helmet cams or even hand cams as it's less to hold onto. Won't know the actual footage quality in comparison untill it stops raining tomorrow.

49ed756e3ddc3f59f6c9a16cc3f2a827.jpg1b46717958824844362ed079c980b4a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Stretch    409

I like it, that's way smaller!

Edited by Stretch

duramat    462

Wow! Itty bitty cute little thing.

Let us know how she performs!

• Like 1

stoked    1,039

Wow! Itty bitty cute little thing.Let us know how she performs!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not the size that matters!!

• Like 1

Cdifranco    463

Weathers dicey. Hoping to get out tomorrow.d135135d2b59c621b0767dbb22140108.jpg4168aa4441fce1b890b88ba31c6792b3.jpg

Maybe an alright angle.

Stretch    409

That's a really pretty board what is that

Cdifranco    463

It's a 2006-2007 Gator Boards Ricky Gonzalez Pro Model. Friend of mine bought it for his sister back then and kept it mint. He left it here last summer so I've claimed it by default haha.

Cdifranco    463

How often do you stare at a guys ankles while he lays down a subpar wakeboard run with zero talent? I rarely wakeboard since we primarily surf now but since the session is so small i decided to get some use out of that mount on our 20 minutes trip up the lake.

The sessions alright. Does not take as good of footage as either the black or silver and I actually find the need for wifi to change the settings kind of a pain when your in a rush. But for people looking for a one button push camera I think ill enjoy it. The sound is actually a little worse for whistling at wake speed than I thought it would be. Curious how it sounds on a motorcycle or something.

And of course after the first fall the camera angle was all out of whack!