Lak3surf3r    714

I've also heard rumors of similar problems in Las Vegas. Temperature, as you (nasmith) pointed out above, probably is playing a role.

So, now I'm curious. For those of you reading this thread, how many of you have the latest valves (gen-2) and are seeing failures? For those seeing problems with the gen-2 valves, what region do you live in?

I have had the gen 2 valves (valterra) fail just as much ans the old ones if not more actually.

IROCNParts    108

what kind of failure are the new ones doing? Is the little hook falling off the handle?

stoked    1,039

what kind of failure are the new ones doing? Is the little hook falling off the handle?

That's how my valterras failed. They were installed wrong from the factory, someone put the O-ring "finger pull" around the gate handles instead of putting the handles where they should be and using the O-ring to keep them there. The clips that hold the O-ring in place can't handle the force it takes to open and close the gates and the starboard one broke. I have 36 hours on them and that's been the only failure (except one time when I got the on screen warning, but haven't gotten it since).

Edited by stoked

Lak3surf3r    714

That's how my valterras failed. They were installed wrong from the factory, someone put the O-ring "finger pull" around the gate handles instead of putting the handles where they should be and using the O-ring to keep them there. The clips that hold the O-ring in place can't handle the force it takes to open and close the gates and the starboard one broke. I have 36 hours on them and that's been the only failure (except one time when I got the on screen warning, but haven't gotten it since).

One of my several failures was from that as well, but the rest are internal O ring failures and unknown failures.

nwrider    0

we had the 2nd gen valteras put on our 2014 244. we have about 200 hrs this summer on it , one fill valve stays open a little, and upon inspection, the clip that holds the t handle to the opener falls out. and stays open. also the occasionally the rear t handles hit the engine compartment removable covers on side of engine and become unclipped and contiuonously drain.

easy fix, zip tie t handle to acctuator for front fills

rear, we roto zip our engine covers in the rear so incase of slipping.

Lak3surf3r    714

The custom Firmware form murphy did not help. I had a starboard ram error within 5 seconds of filling up the boat and had to hit "ok" and override the whole time. At least they actually worked with the circuit fault showing. Usually they dont and I have to manually override.

stoked    1,039

The custom Firmware form murphy did not help. I had a starboard ram error within 5 seconds of filling up the boat and had to hit "ok" and override the whole time. At least they actually worked with the circuit fault showing. Usually they dont and I have to manually override.

dude that sucks! Shane seemed to think Arizona heat may have something to do with it, and progress there? Do you know anyone else in the area with the same problems you're having?

They swapped out my gates Thursday and we ran 15 hours on it this weekend with no more problems

Lak3surf3r    714

Theres several boats here that haven't had problems but then again they dont put the hours on them like I do. Im just done with this boat and ramfill altogether. Im getting involved with fineline about this boat now since its never NOT had a circuit fault and ramfill problem since hour 1. All valves have been replaced 3 times, the PDM has been replaced, the screen, harnesses and it still doesnt work properly on their 100k flagship boat with 172 hours on it? Absolutely unacceptable, and 10% of those hours are from testing the boat after repairs...

stoked    1,039

Theres several boats here that haven't had problems but then again they dont put the hours on them like I do. Im just done with this boat and ramfill altogether. Im getting involved with fineline about this boat now since its never NOT had a circuit fault and ramfill problem since hour 1. All valves have been replaced 3 times, the PDM has been replaced, the screen, harnesses and it still doesnt work properly on their 100k flagship boat with 172 hours on it? Absolutely unacceptable, and 10% of those hours are from testing the boat after repairs...

So given your S238 review, what are you going to go to instead?

Lak3surf3r    714

So given your S238 review, what are you going to go to instead?

it depends on how fineline is going to remedy this situation. Ill keep you guys updated and a new post will be made will all info revealed good bad and ugly.

stoked    1,039

it depends on how fineline is going to remedy this situation. Ill keep you guys updated and a new post will be made will all info revealed good bad and ugly.

I will say that my topic about Fineline customer service was brought up in the phone conversation between Shane and I, and he's not even on here...

• Like 2

Lak3surf3r    714

Shane is great, he has always helped out with my boat but this is beyond tech help status and basically a lemon law status now. Depending on how fineline remedies this situation will depend on how much the public finds out about this situation. I have had a broken boat since hour 1 and is now preventing me from selling it and getting a new boat.

Edited by nasmith342
  • Like 1

Lak3surf3r    714

Got some promising news that Fineline is working closely with Murphy on this remedy for me. They are working nonstop to get this fixed now and I have high hopes. Being that the vales didnt manually fail after the custom firmware update Im fully on board (as a programmer myself) that this is not a mechanical failure (well some will be but not the main issue). I only had a ram circuit fault which is only an electrical error, and im assuming its the response the PDM gets back from the Ram valves and can be resolved with some tweaking in the code. I hope this works out so the ramfill issue can finally be put to rest and anyone with problems can enjoy their boats!

• Like 2

Babylon    23

Just got back from a week at Lake Powell. 70 hours on the boat so far (25 during this last trip) and the valves (and everything else) functioned flawlessly. So, for some of us, at least, the new valves work great. This is not to downplay problems that others are having (e.g., nasmith) but just some additional data. I like how fast I can switch the boat (regular, goofy, wake boarding, tubing) and really enjoy how well the RAMFill system works. Two of the people on the trip had never been on a surfboard and they threw the ropes in on their first or second day behind the boat.

Nasmith, I'm trying to figure out what would be different between my boat and boats like yours that have tons of valve problems. Has anyone measured the voltages that are actually arriving at the valves? Just curious. Hope they figure out what is wrong with your boat.

• Like 1

Lak3surf3r    714

Im not sure if they have yet, they are brainstorming on the problem now so hopefully a fix for mine soon. Glad to hear yours works great, it is an amazing system when it works! The only thing I can think of that is different is the extremely high temps we have here.

Edited by nasmith342

Lak3surf3r    714

Just wanted to give an update that after reloading the new firmware they made for me and clearing the codes , I have had no errors or failures. BTW they did not change out the valves again they are the same ones that were failing before the firmware update. I have only got to test it for 2 hours though, but its promising that it didnt fail instantly. Hopefully this is the end fix and they can roll out the new firmware to all the boats. We have nationals this week so we wont be able to test ift further until next week. We might be heading to powell with it since my buddy has a houseboat for a bachelor party for the week.

Edited by Lak3surf3r
  • Like 2

stoked    1,039

Just wanted to give an update that after reloading the new firmware they made for me and clearing the codes , I have had no errors or failures. BTW they did not change out the valves again they are the same ones that were failing before the firmware update. I have only got to test it for 2 hours though, but its promising that it didnt fail instantly. Hopefully this is the end fix and they can roll out the new firmware to all the boats. We have nationals this week so we wont be able to test ift further until next week. We might be heading to powell with it since my buddy has a houseboat for a bachelor party for the week.

Man, I just put 2 and 2 together on who you are... Sneaky name changes! I did it too a year or so ago when I used my name as my username....

Edited by stoked

DarksideR    1,679

Good to hear!^^^ Although 2 hours isn't a very long test period. Fingers crossed

• Like 1

Lak3surf3r    714

Man, I just put 2 and 2 together on who you are... Sneaky name changes! I did it too a year or so ago when I used my name as my username....

LOL yea I changed it to match my instagram name.

Good to hear!^^^ Although 2 hours isn't a very long test period. Fingers crossed

Agreed, but I just had to post since it usually happened instantly when I went to fill or drain. I did switch sided at least 3 times during those 2 hours as well.

• Like 1