Dreamer

Quick Fill Valve Maintenance

Dreamer    96

One note I would like to add to the valve service/replacement experience. You can tighten the four bolts too much. Once installed manually cycle the valves.

I could barely move one of the valves after installation so I backed off the nut 1/8th of a turn and it moved much easier. I filled the tank with a garden hose through the side vent to ensure there were not leaks at the gaskets. Now we're ready to ride. If only the weather would cooperate.

• Like 3

N8 Froelich    12

One note I would like to add to the valve service/replacement experience. You can tighten the four bolts too much. Once installed manually cycle the valves.

I could barely move one of the valves after installation so I backed off the nut 1/8th of a turn and it moved much easier. I filled the tank with a garden hose through the side vent to ensure there were not leaks at the gaskets. Now we're ready to ride. If only the weather would cooperate.

In the same spirit as the tightness, I had our starboard quickfill valve fail and I noticed that on the side that failed the alignment of the boot/valve/tank is not perfect. I assume it was this way from the factory. It's not much but I think it's enough to put the valve in a tiny bit of a bind when tightened. Not sure how to cure that, it's too bad the Drainmaster isn't an aluminum or stainless machined housing, I'm sure that'd cost a fortune though.

Just sharing for those that may have problems. Things to look for rather than replacing them over and over.

boatnut    230

Ha ha ha if it's a stainless housing, then they would not be able to SELL any replacements, you could always install a motorized full port ball valve,

dejoeco    59

According to my dealer mechanic it is easy to over tighten the bolts.

DarksideR    1,679

Checked my Ramfill and drain valves yesterday. The starboard drain valve only opened half way, so I cycled them all closed and open again and it opened 100%. So for now, all is good! There appeared to be a fair amount of "goop" on the edge of the gate which I am assuming is silicone lube. Will have to buy a can of the spray stuff and keep on it.

• Like 1

Bongo Fury    640

Checked my Ramfill and drain valves yesterday. The starboard drain valve only opened half way, so I cycled them all closed and open again and it opened 100%. So for now, all is good! There appeared to be a fair amount of "goop" on the edge of the gate which I am assuming is silicone lube. Will have to buy a can of the spray stuff and keep on it.

I think the silicone spray is key....we do it regularly....hope so anyway!

• Like 1