sprocketeer

New Supreme S21 Setup

sprocketeer    9

I am working on tuning the wave on my new S21. I have come a long way but I need some help cleaning it up, especially the goofy side.

This is my current setup:

Port Side (Regular foot) - Both quick-fills full, Port plug-n-play full, 9.8mph

Starboard Side (Goofy foot) - Starboard quick-fill full, Port quick-fill 20% full (estimated),
Starboard Plug-n-play full, 450lb bag on seat behind driver, 10mph.

I can't see any difference by adjusting the trim tab.

The water isn't perfect in this video but any input is appreciated.

rawinnin    73

Based on the video and what you are saying is your setup. I would speed up a bit. You seem to have a large amount of wash and I believe this will help.

Good Luck looks like your in for a fun summer!

• Like 1

tprice    118

I think you may be overthinking the ballast on what seems to be a very easy wake to dial in.

My V226 seems to not like much counter weight. I only run about 200-250 lbs if counter weight in rear locker on opposite surf side.

I throw the tab all the way deployed and have not had to adjust it at all.

We surf both sides constantly and they are both long, steep and clean. We run anywhere from 10.4 to 11.4

Keep it simple and I think you will be happy

Lak3surf3r    714

I drove this boat for a few pro friends of mine and my daughters boyfriend Parker (James Walker, Sean Cummings, Parker Payne, and Jason Lybeck) earlier this summer when we were practicing for the competition at my local lake in AZ. You are pretty close to having it dialed but there are 2 things that the S21 doesn't like, one is bow weight and the other is counter weight. Like Boot Juicer said (and I used to have a V226 as well) take out pretty much all of your counter weight. I wouldn't run more than 200 lbs of counter weight on either side. I also noticed that the starboard side liked 100% trim and the port liked 50% trim. I ran the surf side quickfill full, surf side pnp full, and a 400 lb surf side under seat bag full, along with about 200 lbs of counter weight at 10.6 on port and 11.2 on starboard.

Here are some videos and pics of the wave with that setup.

all are on a 2014 S21

James

Parker

My daughter and myself

Edited by nasmith342

tprice    118

Nasmith,

You are right on the Port side, I think I said tab was at 100 on both but it's actually anywhere from 50-75% depending on crew

Starboard side I haven't had to adjust at all

Lak3surf3r    714

Nasmith,

You are right on the Port side, I think I said tab was at 100 on both but it's actually anywhere from 50-75% depending on crew

Starboard side I haven't had to adjust at all

Same here, and i meant to say Tprice not boot juicer on the previos post lol. We only had 5 people on board so we were actually underweighted and had to adjust the tab for that.

Also that last video is mostly my Daughter on the starboard (goofy) side. It can look better as well but that day there were only 3 of us on it. Here is a pic of it fully weighted:

post-5679-0-49337100-1406148705_thumb.jpg

Edited by nasmith342

tprice    118

Great looking wave and she looks like she is lovin it

Lak3surf3r    714

Great looking wave and she looks like she is lovin it

She did like it but it was just a loaner boat from my dealer while I was waiting on my 2014 FX22 to be built (which I got a few weeks ago) but she liked the V226 the best. I have had a Tige, 2 supremes, and my FX22 which she is currently getting used to the monster wave it puts out. They also gave it to me to take my pro buddies out for demos and practice before the AZ competition and they were all pretty impressed with the wave from the S21.

demo9asx    23

The port side wave on that S21 looks money. Almost on par with the v226. Not sure if it's setup but the starboard side could use a bit more cleanup.

Never mind, saw the pic of fully weighted starboard side. Looks solid

Edited by demo9asx

sprocketeer    9

Nasmith,

Thanks for the feedback! I'm going to try your setup this weekend.

• Like 1

sprocketeer    9

I drove this boat for a few pro friends of mine and my daughters boyfriend Parker (James Walker, Sean Cummings, Parker Payne, and Jason Lybeck) earlier this summer when we were practicing for the competition at my local lake in AZ. You are pretty close to having it dialed but there are 2 things that the S21 doesn't like, one is bow weight and the other is counter weight. Like Boot Juicer said (and I used to have a V226 as well) take out pretty much all of your counter weight. I wouldn't run more than 200 lbs of counter weight on either side. I also noticed that the starboard side liked 100% trim and the port liked 50% trim. I ran the surf side quickfill full, surf side pnp full, and a 400 lb surf side under seat bag full, along with about 200 lbs of counter weight at 10.6 on port and 11.2 on starboard.

When you say "Counter Weight", Do you mean QuickFill or PnP?

Maybe it doesn't matter but it seems like it might.

demo9asx    23

Since my boat has similar ballast configuration as the S21, counter weight usually means the quick fill on the non surf side.

At least on my boat counter weight using the PnP has a different effect on the wave.

Lak3surf3r    714

When you say "Counter Weight", Do you mean QuickFill or PnP?

Maybe it doesn't matter but it seems like it might.

I used the quickfill as it puts it in a different area than the rear locker

Since my boat has similar ballast configuration as the S21, counter weight usually means the quick fill on the non surf side.

At least on my boat counter weight using the PnP has a different effect on the wave.

Indeed, the rear locker counter weight on this boat has a bad effect.

Edited by nasmith342