bcollins    18

Hey guys, so some of you with the older boats know how terrible the padding on the bottom of the snap in carpet is/was. Basically it would degrade pretty significantly over time and stick to the floor of the boat until it was essentially gone and the carpet wasn't far behind. A few years back I got a new carpet, old stock, and it's starting to do the same thing. It's still looking good and I would like to keep it that way. Any ideas on how to maintain the black padding on the bottom? I think I saw where someone suggested some type of vinyl conditioner or something along those lines while someone else said to spray some type of undercoating on it. Need some suggestions. Thanks.

jiriki    13

The underside of my carpet deteriorated but the surface was still good. I used that rubber in a spray can to fix my under backing.

bcollins    18

Okay cool, after doing some searching some people were using a flexible bed liner type spray, not the textured paint, that worked well but was like $100+ for a gallon....for that I'm replacing with alt flooring. This might do the trick. Thanks Jriki.

Any other ideas?

Bigcapt, I was actually thinking plastidip....I heard it comes off pretty easy though, kind of why it's so popular, so I wonder if it would hold up.