Sign in to follow this  
D3 Boats

Factory HT-AS-10 Wetsounds Sub in Enzo 2013

D3 Boats    19

So let me start by saying this whole project started, because my boat was supposed to have a HT-AS-10 from the factory. Got the boat and there was definitely no sub sound. Went back and forth with the factory and the dealer I had bought it from. They thought I was nuts. At the end of the day, the sub was there, but never had power to it. Someone forgot to plug it in. So in case you want to know how to take the panels apart or factory location of sub. Please see attached file.

The pictures where too big to post.

This whole process took less than one hour with a cordless drill, needle nose pliers, and an extension for the bit (needed it to get around the fuse panel).

Pardon the typos in the PDF. I was a bit to tired when I typed it.

MrN

enzo244.pdf

Edited by MrNobody

truekaotik    458

I thought you were a dealer? Why buy from another? I'm confused now....

The panel removes in minutes as well?

Edited by truekaotik

D3 Boats    19

I bought this boat while I was in the process of starting up. I needed to have a personal toy (boat is in my name not the stores). No sense in adding it to the floor plan.

I couldn't run the warranty under D3. I had to work with the original dealer and the factory because of such an odd situation (thought was a missing sub). The reason why the sub was thought missing was for two reasons. No "sub" sound and this boat only has two circuit breakers. Generally, with custom stereo upgrade package, there is 3 circuit breakers. However, the build sheet and dealer invoice both showed a sub being charged and paid for.

And yes, the 3 panels, I could have probably taken off in 20mins total, but I didn't want to rush it, since it was the first time I had done this myself. All in all it was an easy job.

MrN

Also, dealers will buy and sell from each other on occasion, just like on cars.

Edited by MrNobody

truekaotik    458

Ah ok, so your a new start up dealer. Location? Is this your First business with watercraft? Have you ever sold Centurion before or worked on them? Just curious, from your posts you seem very new to the Centurion family...

Edited by truekaotik

D3 Boats    19

True...I am new to the family. This is my first watercraft business. I have teamed up with Jason at D3 Boats. He is located in Warsaw, In.

I have worked on several watercraft, but until now, I have never honed in on a particular brand and the places I worked we never had to be certified. I am learning as we go and I am trying to soak up all the knowledge I can from all resources.

The reason why I did this small write up, is that I thought it would be beneficial to the cominity. I couldn't find anything on the factory sub, the factory was providing limited details (I am sure things were lost in translation or jargon). The dealer I bought this from had no clue (Mastercraft primary dealer, Centurion is newer to them).

So yes, I am green, my techs and I are learning. Hopefully my presence on this forum is accepted.

MrN

Edited by MrNobody

truekaotik    458

Of course it's accepted! Just getting a idea of you and your Company. We are close to each other :) Location of your business? I'm nosey ;)

Edited by truekaotik

D3 Boats    19

It's at Patona Bay.

MrN

truekaotik    458

On lake Tippy, Leesburg, IN? Or Michigan City?

truekaotik    458

If it's lake Tippy we are neighbors... 15 minutes down the road...

D3 Boats    19

Leesburg. I am usually not there. I travel a lot and do the remote office thing for now. The owner of D3 is right down the road from the shop. We will definitely have to get together soon. The funny thing is I leave for Cali on Wednesday and it will be warmer here then when I am out in Cali. How goofy is that>

MrN

truekaotik    458

So you took it from Griffith's Marina? Or they still a "dealer" lol..

D3 Boats    19

Im going to be in Carlsbad.

MrN

D3 Boats    19

So you took it from Griffith's Marina? Or they still a "dealer" lol..

Well I didn't know they were still open...hahaha...I know that outside of Chicago, there is only two dealers in Michigan and only us in Indiana. From what I understand there has been about 3 or 4 failed attempts at dealers in this area. I'm knocking on wood and hope to get this thing rolling! There are too many Mastercrafts, Natiques, and Supras rolling around!

MrN

Nick213    583

Im going to be in Carlsbad.

MrN

almost Mexico, I had to look it up I've never herd of that town.

D3 Boats    19

Yeah just outside San Diego. It is where Legoland is at.

MrN

truekaotik    458

Griffith's is still open on our lake, they do fuel as well and have a new manufacturer. There reason for not dealing Centurion was the PCM switch... So why do you live so far away from your business?

Oh BTW half my family (Dad & stepmom) is on Tippy :)

D3 Boats    19

Long story and why I am so far away... I'll share it sometime over the summer and some beers!

MrN