mancho    85

With the pipe exceeding the Z Height, yes, it will be out of the water and putting CO2 and exhaust in your surf... worst that can happen is you inhale too much, pass out, drown and die. Lets not get to that!

I noticed when surfing and the Z was too high that you immediately heard the engine... was pretty obvious for us on that 1998 elite V. More noticable when we banked or turned sharply..

Chrisj4207    18

Ha, you guys can make it for like 100 bucks. Do it though, it honestly works amazing. My wave is perfectly clean. It should work on all boats, the secret is the stiff rubber of a horse stall mats.

what's up man!! I've been working on a flap for my boat I haven't seen any pics of yours but I've been reading that your flap is the business . Maybe you could steer me in the direction of how yours works and where I can get the parts. I have a 1/2 inch rubber 3x4mat I scored off of eBay and mounted it with some angle iron it works pretty good. I'm still testing though

I was just about to cut it down a little and add some angle to it

I think I need to go thicker

Any advice would help

Thanks

post-4945-0-80754500-1398061679_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chrisj4207

DPM7    2

I've been searching and researching FAE. I'll be interested to hear how it works for you and what changed. For those that have installed these already: could you describe how it has changed things for you? Thanks!

duffymahoney    10

what's up man!! I've been working on a flap for my boat I haven't seen any pics of yours but I've been reading that your flap is the business . Maybe you could steer me in the direction of how yours works and where I can get the parts. I have a 1/2 inch rubber 3x4mat I scored off of eBay and mounted it with some angle iron it works pretty good. I'm still testing though

I was just about to cut it down a little and add some angle to it

I think I need to go thicker

Any advice would help

Thanks

Get the 3/4 inch horse stall mat, it's super dense and doesn't flex very easily. It will clean the wave right up. I matched the transom shape and height so it doesn't go below it while hanging.

• Like 1

evanc4    4

Does it don't block the transom lights or something?

evanc4    4

Does it not

Dreamer    96

Chrisj4207, can you do me a favour and post up some pictures of your bracket. I'm considering adding a sweeper to my SV244.

Thanks

Chrisj4207    18
Chrisj4207, can you do me a favour and post up some pictures of your bracket. I'm considering adding a sweeper to my SV244.

Thanks[/quote

Get the 3/4 inch horse stall mat, it's super dense and doesn't flex very easily. It will clean the wave right up. I matched the transom shape and height so it doesn't go below it while hanging.
how about the hardware that you used to mount it. I'm afraid if I mount it the way I have it it won't flex and cause stress.

Did you use some kinda ring system? Got a pic?

Chrisj4207    18

how about the hardware that you used to mount it. I'm afraid if I mount it the way I have it it won't flex and cause stress.

Chrisj4207    18

Chrisj4207, can you do me a favour and post up some pictures of your bracket. I'm considering adding a sweeper to my SV244.Thanks

here's some pics I'm still testing a bit, I used 4 screws from the mounting bracket on the swim step it's kinda bootleg but it works for now. I'm getting info from another member about his rig and some horse mat that is thicker

post-4945-0-06755000-1398107931_thumb.jpg

post-4945-0-89447000-1398107973_thumb.jpg

post-4945-0-31479600-1398107999_thumb.jpg

Chrisj4207    18

I got 1/4 inch rubber I need to go thicker

Bongo Fury    640

I've been searching and researching FAE. I'll be interested to hear how it works for you and what changed. For those that have installed these already: could you describe how it has changed things for you? Thanks!

The FAE we had on my Falcon V worked like a dream. I loved it!!! I was planning on adding the FAE to my 233 this spring but we decided to wait to see the effects and also any developments between FAE, PCM and Centurion. Dreamers post and picture has given me more concern and we will wait to see how it is resolved. While Duffy and the others flaps looks like an awesome solution I'm just not ready to put a rubber horse flap on the back of my boat right now. Hoping this gets sorted out as I really miss not having an FAE on my boat!

Edited by Bongo Fury

Chrisj4207    18

I can't post pictures because my account is full. Scroll almost halfway down and you can see the new one. I have built 4 now, this is far and away the best. Makes my wave so nice and clean.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787204

hey thanks for the tips and link it helped alot my head is swirling with ideas???real pioneer I like it??
  • Like 1

Chrisj4207    18

The FAE we had on my Falcon V worked like a dream. I loved it!!! I was planning on adding the FAE to my 233 this spring but we decided to wait to see the effects and also any developments between FAE, PCM and Centurion. Dreamers post and picture has given me more concern and we will wait to see how it is resolved. While Duffy and the others flaps looks like an awesome solution I'm just not ready to put a rubber horse flap on the back of my boat right now. Hoping this gets sorted out as I really miss not having an FAE on my boat!

Go Flap or go home?lol just playing Edited by Chrisj4207

Dreamer    96

I got the down pipe squeezed down a little. I'll hopefully get out later this week to test.

DrNate    426

Keep us udpated Dreamer. This thread is very fascinating.

Of course I love my FAE, but mine is the old school two exhaust kind and I just get minimal spray at cruising speeds.

And a question for you Dreamer.....why not just get the exhaust silencer from Centurion? I thought it blocked C02 and muffled the sound as well?!?!

Dreamer    96

Hey DrNate, I loved the FAE on my last two boats and wanted one on this boat as well. I think the silencer only muffles the sound but doesn't dilute whatever CO is left in the exhaust.

Bongo Fury    640

Hey DrNate, I loved the FAE on my last two boats and wanted one on this boat as well. I think the silencer only muffles the sound but doesn't dilute whatever CO is left in the exhaust.

X2...it does not dilute CO at all from what I can tell.