FargoDawg    8

have an 1100 coming (thanks crew admin) for the rear locker, only surf regular, have one buddy that "darksides"...but he rarely is with.

questions are: are there any secrets with moving the hoses from the darkside mid ballast into the regular side rear locker to fill the 1100? then if I need weight on the dark side I can use a manual pump to fill????? I didn't get the rear lockers plumbed at the shop, was planning to fill with the manual pump but could this be as easy as I think that it is????

thanks

- Do you currently have any sacks in the lockers? If so should just be a P-nP switch with proper fittings.

- If no sacks in lockers is the plumbing/pump for the starboard mid-seat ballast dedicated to its own pump or is it valved to both starboard and port mid-seat sacks? If dedicated then it is exactly as easy as having enough hose to reach the Port locker sack. You will want to run the overflow line from that locker across to the Starboard side vent and will probably want to just put in a "T" with your mid-seat vent line versus drilling another vent hole to start with for simplicity sake. You can ususlly find a suitable "T" at Lowe's or Home Depot.

DrNate    426

I can't remember if the 2012's still came with the sprinkler valve system, but if so, that 1100 pound bag will take forever to fill. I ran a dedicated reversible pump to my 1100 and it fills in 8 minutes

FargoDawg    8

currently no sack in the locker, gonna put the 1100 in there. I believe it has its own pump as left and right side fill independently with 2 different switches. Im no plumbing expert, my last boat had no bags that I didn't fill manually. if I can find the pump, switching it out should be doable also????, I assume all the necessary wiring would be there already. if 1 pump is used for both sides, can I still just upgrade the pump???

have an 1100 coming (thanks crew admin) for the rear locker, only surf regular, have one buddy that "darksides"...but he rarely is with.

questions are: are there any secrets with moving the hoses from the darkside mid ballast into the regular side rear locker to fill the 1100? then if I need weight on the dark side I can use a manual pump to fill????? I didn't get the rear lockers plumbed at the shop, was planning to fill with the manual pump but could this be as easy as I think that it is????

thanks

Fargo let me know how that 1100 bag works out. I have a 2013 sv233 and have heard some people say it fits and some people say it won't. I guess most people don't fill it all the way. Your rear locker doesn't extend to the mid locker right?

I have the 1100 in my 2013 230+. It does not fill completely but it fills to the FULL capacity that the locker allows for. I would bet it is right at a 1000 or just a little over. If I feel like we are a little lite I will add a 155lb fat sack or two onto the swim step for a little bit extra.

In my 230 the ballast pumps are mounted to the bulkhead at what would be the front of the engine compartment and the back of the seating cockpit and are very easily accessable. I have 3 pumps total in mine. In original configuartion my Pro-Ballast (mid-seat sacks) each had a dedicated pump and my P-n-P ballast in the locker had a single pump with a manual valve to switch between the locker sacks. In order to save on drain and fill times I switched the lockers to the dedicated pups and put the mid-seats on the single with the manual valve that way I can be filling and draining the big sacks and the mid-seats at only 255lbs still can be filled and drained off the single in no time. Only additional thing I am thinking about doing is cutting a access panel hole in the area under the seat to make it easier to get to the handle that has to be pulled to manually switch the valve. A buddy also suggested putting in a push-pull toggle switch system to move the valve so you don't have to move someone to lift the seat and change the valve but I am thinking that would be trickier than just putting a 4 inch access cut-out in it.

I have the 1100 in my 2013 230+. It does not fill completely but it fills to the FULL capacity that the locker allows for. I would bet it is right at a 1000 or just a little over. If I feel like we are a little lite I will add a 155lb fat sack or two onto the swim step for a little bit extra.

In my 230 the ballast pumps are mounted to the bulkhead at what would be the front of the engine compartment and the back of the seating cockpit and are very easily accessable. I have 3 pumps total in mine. In original configuartion my Pro-Ballast (mid-seat sacks) each had a dedicated pump and my P-n-P ballast in the locker had a single pump with a manual valve to switch between the locker sacks. In order to save on drain and fill times I switched the lockers to the dedicated pups and put the mid-seats on the single with the manual valve that way I can be filling and draining the big sacks and the mid-seats at only 255lbs still can be filled and drained off the single in no time. Only additional thing I am thinking about doing is cutting a access panel hole in the area under the seat to make it easier to get to the handle that has to be pulled to manually switch the valve. A buddy also suggested putting in a push-pull toggle switch system to move the valve so you don't have to move someone to lift the seat and change the valve but I am thinking that would be trickier than just putting a 4 inch access cut-out in it.

Wetsu, I wonder if your rear locker on the 230 is bigger than the 233.

I thought the lockers on the 230 and 233 were the same size but I guess that was just an assumption on my part. I guess that one of the dealers could chime in for sure.

FargoDawg    8

I'm going to go to the garage tomorrow and scope out a bit so I'm ready when I commit.

My locker does not connect forward.

FargoDawg    8

OK side bag has a 1000GPH 12v Johnson attached to the rear of the bag, and two hoses to the front of the bag..... the two hoses go up and behind the cupholder, the pump hose goes to a "vent" hole on the side of the boat

NOW WHAT??? I believe that one of the front hoses goes out and one goes to the back of the boat somewhere, I need to remove a panel in the locker to see for sure what is going on..... unless someone has an idea.....is there 2 pumps for that bag???? how does this bag get water in it????

Dreamer    96

The pump on the rear of the sac is the empty pump. Follow the other hoses, one vents out the side of the boat the other should connect to a valve system that is connected to a Jabsco pump for filling (or directly to a Jabso pump).

Kiwi042    4

I was in the same situation as you and I did exactly what you are wanting to do fairly easily on my 2012 233.

The line with the pump attached at the rear is the empty. The bags fill thru the sprinkler system mounted on the wall in front of the engine. You'll probably need new fittings for the new sac because mine were cemented into the old bag. The two lines at the front are fill and vent. Extend the vent to the rear port locker, run the empty pump wires over there and then run the fill line over. I put a 750 back there and it takes up all the space.

You will have to secure the cup holder or you will pop it out. You can use a hose clamp but I didn't like all that pressure pushing up so I build a small block out of pink foam board and cut the center out to fit the bottom of the cup holder. Now the pressure is dispersed and pushing on the hull not the cup holder.

When your done you'll have to change the computer settings to fill and empty the mid port ( now the port locker) for the new amount of time. Takes me about 10 minutes to fill everything but a lot less than that to drain.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help you.

FargoDawg    8

parts say they are coming today... excited. Kiwi: Im not sure I understand the computer stuff???? are you saying the pump wont run until I turn it off, it runs based on a time frame that it should take to fill the mid-ship bag???

Nick213    583

Yes that is correct!

Edited by Nick213

Kiwi042    4

That's correct but it's probably set for 2.5 minutes and you'll have to up it a lot to fill the 1100. You will also have to up the drain time as well.

FargoDawg    8

OK, How do I go about changing the run times? maybe it is straight forward as I haven't tried to figure anything out yet..... maybe there is a short answer that wouldn't cost me a day of trial and error.....

Kiwi042    4

Go to settings - bottom left button.

Then utilities

Then ballast and plate settings.

Change times accordingly.

After you adjust the times remember to set your rider profile to fill that starboard mid port ( now port locker) to 100% fill.

FargoDawg    8

Cool. Thanks. Back to garage on Friday to finish the job.

Kiwi042    4

When you get done with that project I'd swap out the mid port bag for the bigger one. Mine came with 250 lbs and I changed it for a 550 lbs. You would have to change the fill/ drain times for that as well. Here is a pic of the chock I made to stop the cup holder popping out when you fill the port locker.

post-3939-0-80868300-1395920792_thumb.jpg

post-3939-0-33702000-1395920844_thumb.jpg

DCO    5

Kiwi042-What did you make the chock out of? I filled my port locker yesterday for the first time and the cup holder pushed up. Nearly fell in the water.