Oldwakedude    0

Bigshow

Did you ever look at this one:

Aqua Tube Ltd.

In Tube Silencers Model 9075-PR

http://www.aquapowerltd.com/Pages/intube.htm

Looks pretty easy to install (just slip in in the hose). I've got a query out to the mfg. Curious if you have considered it?

Thanks for the FAE report number, looks like the side swipe is slightly better in the CO dept. for surfing (if I remember to switch the exhaust to the correct side!).

Bigshow    0

Old, That part looks to be very similar to what I purchased and installed. Installation isn’t too bad. I wasn't sure how to remove the SS exhaust outlet so I left it in place during installation. I mean I removed the four screws but the outlet didn’t budge when I pushed on it. I didn’t want to force it too hard so I worked around them.

Putting one inline silencer maybe took 45 minutes. Mostly because I didn't know what I was doing and I was trying to be careful.

Mine are for sale if anyone wants to give it a try.

wakeupnride    0

I was under the impression SS was like captains choice to go out the side or out the back. I guess that is not the case, but why are they not made that way?

I asked the same question, I was told that there was not enough room to have the "box" that controls the cap. choice. Seems to me like there is plenty of room....I am one of those people that ordered my boat without the SS, but I really wish I would have ordered it, I really like it & think it is bad a#$!!! O well get it on the next boat I order...

wakeupnride    0

If thats the only hang up I'm sure someone in the offshore powerboat market would have some experience to do some mod. I can't beleive its not made that way to begin with.

77 Marine    0

Side Swipe exhaust should be available now. Please contact your local dealer for more information as to availability and cost. Thanks.

77 Marine

wakeupnride    0

It appears that the exhaust tubes on SS are above the floor in the locker trunks. I've never seen one in person. So SS owners do you find they are in the way? Are they boxed in or covered some how? If not do they get hot?

Bigshow    0

My boat came with a cover over the SS. My friend’s Avy didn't come with covers. The exhaust piping isn't that hot. You have to remember that the cooling water also exits the SS outlet, so it's not that hot.

I'd sure like to see what these mufflers look like.

Here are some pics of the new SS set up. I couldn't get any better pics but this will give ya'll an idea of what they have done to help the situation. It does seem to help alot but I dont think they have any db readings just yet.

post-231-1226678453_thumb.jpg

post-231-1226678490_thumb.jpg

post-231-1226678530_thumb.jpg

Edited by Charlie Angell

Bigshow    0

Looks like the flaper has been replaced. Interesting. I'll have to talk to 77 marine next season.

77 Marine    0

Ed...rode in the Surf Enzo 240 with side swipe last week at the Woodland factory test lake. This was the boat that pulled Worlds that had been at my shop for a while. When we had tested the boat, the initial grumble of the sideswipe was pretty sweet. After you get the boat on plane, you get that typical thru hull roar that you either love or hate. The Surf Enzo had been re-worked with the new baffle exhaust tips. They really work. It still has a little idle grumble, but that crusing speed roar has gone away. I think this will be the solution that most people have been yearning for. I am told we should have them in December some time.

Josh

77 Marine

Bigshow    0

Josh, that sounds like how I'd describe the noise issue. At surf speeds it’s not too bad. But, when I pull at wakeboard speeds or higher then the exhaust note can be pretty overwhelming. Changing the pitch of the boat can alter the noise level as well. Last summer I remember seeing my brother move to the bow to escape the noise. He’s a big guy, when he moved forward the bow came down a bit and sound level dropped.

Wavesport    0

I spoke with my dealer today and he mentioned they would retail for about $275 a pair Canadian. Should be able to get some shorty after Xmas.

I'm curius to see what the reduction in dBs will be.

Keamo    0

The reason Centurion hasn’t addressed the noise problem is because it would void the MerCruiser warranty. The system barely meets Murcury’s backpressure requirement as it is. Any modification that causes problems with the engine would be the boat owner’s responsibility. If that doesn’t bother you than contact Eddie Marine.

Ph: 909-945-2830 http://www.eddiemarine.com/store/cart.php?...=11470&c=67

They can manufacture a replacement exhaust tip with an internal silencer.

And if you don’t know the marine noise dba laws for you state, here’s a webpage you may want to check out.

http://www.corsaperf.com/mlaws.htm

Just curious as to where you got the information about back pressure? I understand the Mercury changed these levels about 2 years ago. With the system I have seen pictures of in this series of postings those baffles should not increase back pressure at all. They are just baffles that bounce the sound around. I would guaranty that a boat sitting in the water idling at neutral would have lots more back pressure than a open sideswipe exhaust running down the lake.

http://www.centurioncrew.com/style_emotico...efault/rofl.gif