jpd    0

Any opinions on this? Im new hear...new to centurion. Looking for an affordable surf boat. I know the C4 is ideal ... but considering a boat like this.

2002 Avy low hours $22k

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/4235663229.html

I want to stay 25K and under...in CA area...but willing to drive to neighboring states.

Edited by jpd

poidog1    74

JPD,

The guys on this site will give you some great info on the different hulls/models on centurion boats. I've seen some nicer boats in the $25-$30k range that's newer then this guys. Keep checking craigslist. You might get lucky and get a killer deal and then again, this post has been up for sometime and he might go down to $20k or less. Northern Cali has a lot of nice centurions for sale. I don't think you have to go out of state to find a nice boat.

Poidog

mancho    85

Hhmmm photos are gonna help sell it.

RhuntIII    555

Don't know why but I like the black and purple.

jpd    0

JPD,

The guys on this site will give you some great info on the different hulls/models on centurion boats. I've seen some nicer boats in the $25-$30k range that's newer then this guys. Keep checking craigslist. You might get lucky and get a killer deal and then again, this post has been up for sometime and he might go down to $20k or less. Northern Cali has a lot of nice centurions for sale. I don't think you have to go out of state to find a nice boat.

Poidog

Thx piodog...yea I have been negotiating a bit...but not going into the numbers to be attractive. I think I will look for something newer in the 25k range if I can.

RhuntIII    555

Jpd,

Welcome to the site.

Lots can go on when buying a boat for surfing, before and after the purchase. Don't forget to price out a ballast system and factor that into the budget. Most of the older boats were not set up for surfing but when weighted properly can throw a killer wave.

Also might want to start a new thread on your purchasing adventure for question, comments and some friendly floggings. That way the others can find your questions easier. It's good to get multiple opinions and there are a lot of opinions around here.

AND… Seems like the thing to do is make the payment out to the title holder, not the one who has the boat. FYI. :secret::laughing:

Good luck

• Like 1

jpd    0

Jpd,

Welcome to the site.

Lots can go on when buying a boat for surfing, before and after the purchase. Don't forget to price out a ballast system and factor that into the budget. Most of the older boats were not set up for surfing but when weighted properly can throw a killer wave.

Also might want to start a new thread on your purchasing adventure for question, comments and some friendly floggings. That way the others can find your questions easier. It's good to get multiple opinions and there are a lot of opinions around here.

AND… Seems like the thing to do is make the payment out to the title holder, not the one who has the boat. FYI. :secret::laughing:

Good luck

I will do that. I will be pretty busy over the holidays so I will start that thread starting Jan.

I definitely am weighing all the options/cost when considering a surf boat....but do have constraints with my budget :rant:

poidog1    74

Centurion Boatmate Trailer! 2K

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/boa/4206303543.html

00505_hhbUMjrx0kV_600x450.jpg

You parting everything out already? Shouldn't you wait a little Mancho? I'll give you $12k for your boat and I'll start looking for a salvage title that I can swap with your stolen boat. Shouldn't be too hard to glass in the new vin numbers and I wrap it just make sure on one notices. :thumbsup:

mancho    85

You parting everything out already? Shouldn't you wait a little Mancho? I'll give you $12k for your boat and I'll start looking for a salvage title that I can swap with your stolen boat. Shouldn't be too hard to glass in the new vin numbers and I wrap it just make sure on one notices. :thumbsup:

ROFLMAO!!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good one! I needed that for a Friday! I'll go 14K on the boat. Hot hot hot while it lasts! :D

poidog1    74

ROFLMAO!!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good one! I needed that for a Friday! I'll go 14K on the boat. Hot hot hot while it lasts! :D

Sure as long as you throw in the crappy crome pitted tower speakers that you been bitchin about. Oh and don't forget to throw in the clams that been living in the engine compartment because we liked them steamed in butter and sake!

• Like 1