David    0

We have gone to Shasta a couple times, we are thinking of making a trip this year. It’s a 6 hour drive from our house, so we spend most our time at lake Billy Chinook in Central Oregon. Once when we where at Shasta it was blown so bad we pulled the boat out and drove over to Trinity Lake. We managed to find some beautiful glass at Trinity. When the wind pick up at Shasta you can get some pretty ugly wind chop. I have seen 3’ rollers out in the middle of the lake. I don’t like pounding the boat thru all that wind chop.

Edited by David

Tyler    0

whats up man, never been to sonoma but berryessa weekly, east park, don pedro, shasta, trinty. tryin to get somthing togethr for east park resivor. where abouts are you from? i live in benicia.. later on man

D Lee    0
:mellow: Can't go wrong with another California res. Almost seen them all. . . . almost. Shasta is up there in top 5 lakes of your country for sure and the boys in the RDG know how to do it right!!

Kevdawg62    0

We go to Clearlake every year for 2 weeks my uncle has a resort on the lake. Weather is always nice, you never run into another boat, and water is really smooth and warm on the north end most always. the only problem is the lake weed is CRAZY! check out these photos from last years trip the water is green most the time but we'll take that trade for smooth water any day!

checkout the baby nap area in the enzo 240

count the people on the tubes

3 year old trying to ski

post-136-1238724048_thumb.jpg

post-136-1238724121_thumb.jpg

post-136-1238724213_thumb.jpg

post-136-1238724260_thumb.jpg

WakeDirt    19

What time during the day would you guys go? I know that the lake can get a bit choppy in the middle, but the north end is usually ok. Have you ever checked out the concert lineup at konocti? You can just sit and listen in the bay for free...its awsome...they get some pretty big names too! I cant stand the hydrilla and lake funk in there...i wish that lake was deep like beryessa or mendo...have you have heard of bullards bar resivore? Its off Hwy 49 in the sierras, its like an hour from marysville...we are going up there for the first time for a camping trip and was wondering if anyone had ever been?!

PS nice boat man!! i liked the 2 on 2 on 2 battle tubbin!!

jquick    0
What time during the day would you guys go? I know that the lake can get a bit choppy in the middle, but the north end is usually ok. Have you ever checked out the concert lineup at konocti? You can just sit and listen in the bay for free...its awsome...they get some pretty big names too! I cant stand the hydrilla and lake funk in there...i wish that lake was deep like beryessa or mendo...have you have heard of bullards bar resivore? Its off Hwy 49 in the sierras, its like an hour from marysville...we are going up there for the first time for a camping trip and was wondering if anyone had ever been?!

PS nice boat man!! i liked the 2 on 2 on 2 battle tubbin!!

hey jeep, ive been to bullards bar last year. its a great camping site and the water is really clean and clear. the only problem is that the water level is pretty low, but thats pretty much the story for all lakes in the nor-cal area. you can go to bullards bar or go down the street a no more that 5 miles to collins lake also.

WakeDirt    19

Right on quick, thanks for the heads up...i checked online and they seem to be doing better on water compared to last season...hopefully there will be more snow melt!

Spud    7
hey jeep, ive been to bullards bar last year. its a great camping site and the water is really clean and clear. the only problem is that the water level is pretty low, but thats pretty much the story for all lakes in the nor-cal area. you can go to bullards bar or go down the street a no more that 5 miles to collins lake also.

I am going to Bullard's Bar in July, can't wait. Also it is above 80 percent right now, according to the website.

Edited by Spud

renobruin    0

We're booked at Collins for Memorial Weekend. 13ft below top. Should get fuller w/snow melt....

V-Drive    0

Been to most everything but Bullards Bar - in college used to go the afterbay (after) lake oroville. Like glass most of the time, but freaken' COLD as the water comes out of the bottom of the lake.

Been to Lake Almanor - gorgeous, but a lot of chop and hard to find good water.

Usually, with non-skiing friends we go to Berryessa... but hate the damn kids on jet-skis. When skiing is the mission - to the Sacramento River, good water most of the time. I really don't like the Delta with all the low-lifes in their beatup v-drive jet boats drunk off their tush not paying attention.

jquick    0

hey V-drive are you in the sacramento area???? im out in elk grove.

Angry Mike    0

Anyone up in Tahoe? I'll be there from 5-23 thru 6-2 (without boat.. lake too low to keep moored where I stay but I'll bring board just in case. I'm good for all the usuals of course..)

Edited by Angry Mike

V-Drive    0
hey V-drive are you in the sacramento area???? im out in elk grove.

Vacaville. Berryhessa was pretty busy yesterday - with only 2 open ramps now, it's gotten just plain stupid on the weekends.

You a Folsom man?

Angry Mike    0

I plan on hitting Berryessa Thus and friday 6-4 & 6-5 after Tahoe. My family is still in Fairfield. I had heard it was crazy with a lot boats trying to launch from less ramps.. That sucks!

jquick    0
Vacaville. Berryhessa was pretty busy yesterday - with only 2 open ramps now, it's gotten just plain stupid on the weekends.

You a Folsom man?

i havent really been going to folsom because it's been really low the past year but they as of now they are at 100% full until they let the water out the dam. ive been going out to lake Camanche. since your in vacaville another place to go to is the river?

renobruin    0

I may be up on or around a Tahoe lake next weekend. Doing a brigade of 3 boats and 24 peeps on Collins Lake over Memorial. Yes, i'm preparing for the chaos...

V-Drive    0
i havent really been going to folsom because it's been really low the past year but they as of now they are at 100% full until they let the water out the dam. ive been going out to lake Camanche. since your in vacaville another place to go to is the river?

Yup - mostly go up to Knights Landing area. It seems the folks that head up there seem to know more about boating courtesy than most other places I go. Never even heard of Lake Camanche - any good?