bobback

Post your 360

DarksideR    1,679

THAT'S SWEET DREAMER! I may be interested in that board.

Froappy, you gotta upload to YouTube or Vimeo or something and copy and paste the link.

fropappy    9

I did.

Photobucket.

fropappy    9
Edited by fropappy

fropappy    9

http://s823.photobucket.com/albums/zz160/fropappy/?action=view&current=20100718_192302.mp4

I tried using special BBCode "media" and as an external link.
I'll quit screwing up this thread until I acquire what they call the Internet skillz.

Haha. Edited by fropappy

DrNate    426

I'm starting to get frustrated. It's in my head now. I know that I am missing something, but I can't tell what it is. I had a thought last weekend of trying one while still hanging on to the rope and doing a handle pass. Has anyone tried this or think it could help?

duramat    462

I'm starting to get frustrated. It's in my head now. I know that I am missing something, but I can't tell what it is. I had a thought last weekend of trying one while still hanging on to the rope and doing a handle pass. Has anyone tried this or think it could help?

I ain't any closer than I was 4 years ago! I have better luck attempting heel side than toe side! Why is this something that is so simple for many eluding me LOL My best was on a skim where I pulled one out but didn't save it.

Im just gonna sit back and watch this thread torment me it seems. I got nothing

Good work guys, you all are killing me I must have tried it 50 times this weekend ! :thumbsup:

DarksideR    1,679

Nate, I've thought of trying that too. The problem I find is that the rope just gets in the way. It's too long when approaching the three and it just screws me up thought about rigging some sort of bungee to the rope that would pull in the slack. But I've been too busy to even get out on my boat. Such a bummer.

Dreamer    96

We did not have the GoPro yesterday but we have some pictures. Here is the 360 progression:

Eyes are on the peak of the wake, as this is where you want your front foot get to from the hand drag, turn in:

foot on peak:

180 finished, start to look for boat:

Look for the boat!

Still not looking for the boat:

and this is what happens when you do not complete all of the steps:

Edited by Dreamer

duramat    462

We did not have the GoPro yesterday but we have some pictures. Here is the 360 progression:

Eyes are on the peak of the wake, as this is where you want your front foot get to from the hand drag, turn in:

foot on peak:

180 finished, start to look for boat:

Look for the boat!

Still not looking for the boat:

and this is what happens when you do not complete all of the steps:

We could of used this post earlier this evening!

Wakedoc called me in the middle of my surfset, I couldn't talk at the moment so I sent him this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vttwStUgTxc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

DarksideR    1,679

WHAAAAAAATT!?? Dura can swear? Lol. That was pretty funny though.

DrNate    426

ROFL, funny Dura.

And thanks for the sequence Dreamer, that is helpful. Can you land those 3's on your Soulcraft also?

Dreamer    96

ROFL, funny Dura.

And thanks for the sequence Dreamer, that is helpful. Can you land those 3's on your Soulcraft also?

Landed another one last evening. The board is a TWP Bomb Pop. Spins faster than my Flyboy. With the surf style board you need to turn into the wake as you hand drag and I tend to kick the heel around to break the fins loose.

duramat    462

Ok I will say this. Last night I had more success attempting 3's on the Squirt than a Mucas. Dragging/chopping the wave AND LOOKING OVER the shoulder helped me greatly. I was getting consistent in pulling around but trying to catch the wave afterwards was the problem. Out of the whole process..it's that one point where your backwards is where I'm struggling and feel awkward

Dreamer    96

Ok I will say this. Last night I had more success attempting 3's on the Squirt than a Mucas. Dragging/chopping the wave AND LOOKING OVER the shoulder helped me greatly. I was getting consistent in pulling around but trying to catch the wave afterwards was the problem. Out of the whole process..it's that one point where your backwards is where I'm struggling and feel awkward

Start your ride backwards, drop the rope and work on the 180 to the front side. Once you have that down the 3 might come easier.

duramat    462

Start your ride backwards, drop the rope and work on the 180 to the front side. Once you have that down the 3 might come easier.

Board backwards? Ya I tried that last night with all laughing, the littlest movement one side to the other the board will want to spin. Gonna have to try it again. Starting the board backwards and HS is the ultimate oxymoron on the darkside LOL

VTsurfer    4

I'm hoping to get out this evening and stick the 360. Here is a short video of me getting as close as I have, but not keeping the wave. The over rotation is the head still looking. I was told to use my hand to slow down and then spot the back of the boat/tower etc anything to catch back up.

Holy grail!

Edited by VTsurfer

Dreamer    96

Board backwards? Ya I tried that last night with all laughing, the littlest movement one side to the other the board will want to spin. Gonna have to try it again. Starting the board backwards and HS is the ultimate oxymoron on the darkside LOL

board backwards & backside facing the wave. Get'er done!

DrNate    426

dang VTSurfer! You really did have that first one. Oh so close.

I'm gonna trya getting up switch with the board backwards and spin back around a couple of times Dreamer. I do think that will help!

tuneman    6

In my never ending quest to perform 3s consistently, (I've been having issues this year :rant: ), I've found yet another issue that my help. The typical instruction for a 3 is to get some speed by driving toward the boat. Well, for me anyway, you can drive too far forward. If you spin around and end up in the middle of the boat wake (centerline of the boat), you may be driving too far forward.

VTSurfer, you're being too agressive on your initiation. I just coached a guy last week doing the same thing. You reach down to the water so quickly that the tip of the board almost submerges. Just bend over slooooowly, carefully reach into the water, pull (try both hands) and you'll make it around. Do it all reaaaallly slowly. Your initial reach to the wave is so agressive that you're killing your speed.