truekaotik

flyboy wakesurf board

islander033    2

If I still have a boat this summer I'll be getting a IS FlyBoy. :secret:

truekaotik    458

If I still have a boat this summer I'll be getting a IS FlyBoy. :secret:

since its gonna be my first upgrade from a everyday board, I'm thinking the FlyBoy also :secret:

duramat    462

DOH :pardon: i shoulda known... lol

BUT instead of "bulk buy discount", Im thinking "soulcraft rehab" :good:

LMAOROTF

True, Just call Jeff and tell him you want the same "Bro discount" as H :thumbsup:

I did like the squash at the crew meet :thumbsup:

Islander...go on? Whatcha thinking Willace??

h20king    794

LMAOROTF

True, Just call Jeff and tell him you want the same "Bro discount" as H :thumbsup:

I did like the squash at the crew meet :thumbsup:

Islander...go on? Whatcha thinking Willace??

Better have your credit card in hand cause I pay just like everyone else.Wish I got all the discounts everyone thinks I get.Not sure whats wrong with supporting a company I believe in and buying American guess some folks are just Wally world shoppers....................................H

truekaotik    458

Better have your credit card in hand cause I pay just like everyone else.Wish I got all the discounts everyone thinks I get.Not sure whats wrong with supporting a company I believe in and buying American guess some folks are just Wally world shoppers....................................H

H, your taking the giggles comments to seriously :-))))

Discount, no discount, paying over price, I have done all when supporting something I love... Everyone pushes there top picks, we just know how much you LOVE soulcraft so we r messin with our friend a little ;-)

I will be trying soulcraft when I get better and want custom :-) I just think the Inland would prolly be cheaper at the moment and I've already blew thru to much casholla on making the boat mine :-)

LakeSurfer    10

H, your taking the giggles comments to seriously :-))))

Discount, no discount, paying over price, I have done all when supporting something I love... Everyone pushes there top picks, we just know how much you LOVE soulcraft so we r messin with our friend a little ;-)

I will be trying soulcraft when I get better and want custom :-) I just think the Inland would prolly be cheaper at the moment and I've already blew thru to much casholla on making the boat mine :-)

H: I agree with True, we were just having a little fun with you. The Soulcraft boards look very nice and everyone should buy American if at all possible.

True: You should think of the Flyboy as a custom board: (1) it is as or more expenses than a custom board (my guess is it is more expense than a Souldcraft without all of the cool art H puts on his. It is $900) and (2) it is as technically hard to ride as any custom board.

h20king    794

Sorry guys goes a little farther than that.Got a PM stating I spammed threads with soulcraft so I could get a bro deal which is total BS.There are other great boards out there Loved lakes original Flyboy but would not buy The IS version for the simple fact IS makes all their boards in China and the weight of the IS version is almost double of what the original weighs.The walker boards are nice as well and would be my choice if I had not found some soul..............................H

duramat    462

H: I agree with True, we were just having a little fun with you. The Soulcraft boards look very nice and everyone should buy American if at all possible.

True: You should think of the Flyboy as a custom board: (1) it is as or more expenses than a custom board (my guess is it is more expense than a Souldcraft without all of the cool art H puts on his. It is $900) and (2) it is as technically hard to ride as any custom board.

X2. We just find the humor :thumbsup:

h20king    794

X2. We just find the humor :thumbsup:

Sorry I just dont see the humor after receiving the PM from admin. Good thing this is the internet or im sure id punch you right in your smart a$$ mouth. Now that would be funny............................................H

truekaotik    458

Well you all have put the flyboy in perspective for me... So here's the deal...

I have only started surfing last August. Have a liquid force fish ( the green one), I can go wireless, and move around but havnt got any tricks yet that I stay with the board...

What should I do? Stay cheap, go intermediate ( I have no idea what's intermediate cause they said the fish was a great board), or go full blown custom and nail it....

My back ground is, I always buy the top of the line product to learn and progress easier, for me anyways. So after boring you with this disortation...

WHAT DO I DO??? :-(

Sincerely frustrated...

LakeSurfer    10

Sorry I just dont see the humor after receiving the PM from admin. Good thing this is the internet or im sure id punch you right in your smart a$$ mouth. Now that would be funny............................................H

I am pretty sure the Dura was not talking about the Admin PM. None of us even knew that the Admin PM'd you. I guess going forward, we should all just assume that you can not take a little ribbing. Now go have a drink and relax................................Lake

truekaotik    458

Yeah I had NO clue :-(((( I was going off the playful posting...

LakeSurfer    10

Well you all have put the flyboy in perspective for me... So here's the deal...

I have only started surfing last August. Have a liquid force fish ( the green one), I can go wireless, and move around but havnt got any tricks yet that I stay with the board...

What should I do? Stay cheap, go intermediate ( I have no idea what's intermediate cause they said the fish was a great board), or go full blown custom and nail it....

My back ground is, I always buy the top of the line product to learn and progress easier, for me anyways. So after boring you with this disortation...

WHAT DO I DO??? :-(

Sincerely frustrated...

I dont think you should be buying any of the true custom boards. What I mean by that is that the Flyboy, ShreddStixx Elevation, SoulCraft are much more technical to ride than say a good intermediate board like IS Sweet Spot. You move your toe and these board go in some direction. Now with that said, iSoulCraft may make a board that is made of intermediate rider. So call Jeff and ask. He really does build a board specific for your size/weight/skill set.

BTW: before I bought the Flyboy, I rode a IS Blue Lake, IS Sweet Spot, and a Towanza Ruthless.

h20king    794

I am pretty sure the Dura was not talking about the Admin PM. None of us even knew that the Admin PM'd you. I guess going forward, we should all just assume that you can not take a little ribbing. Now go have a drink and relax................................Lake

Lake I get your humor and True's as well made me chuckle.It's the smart A$$ comments Dura pops off with that I don't find funny.Sounds to me like he has been talking with Admin I never mentioned The admin Bro deal PM until this morning.Go back and read his posts both in this thread and the pop up thread and you will see what I'm talking about..................................H

h20king    794

True MY advice is determine what direction you want your riding to go then buy a board you will grow into not out of.This will save you a bunch of cash in the long run.I spent thousands of dollars on boards to find what I liked.When looking back I should have went cheep on the first board to learn the basics then step up to a performance board..................................H

truekaotik    458
True MY advice is determine what direction you want your riding to go then buy a board you will grow into not out of.This will save you a bunch of cash in the long run.I spent thousands of dollars on boards to find what I liked.When looking back I should have went cheep on the first board to learn the basics then step up to a performance board..................................H

That is EXACTLY what I'm used to doing and is why I was jumping head first to custom. The fish feels slow and stiff, you get up and it's alot of work to play around with anymore. It was fun to learn to go wireless but I have the basics and ready to jump so thanks for the push H ;-) guess I will just spend a summer learning how touchy custom is cause I really don't want to buy a board every season as I progress :-( I can't afford that...

Lake, I definitely see where your coming from and for non athletic peeps I would agree. I just think I will progress faster than my bank account ;-)

h20king    794

That is EXACTLY what I'm used to doing and is why I was jumping head first to custom. The fish feels slow and stiff, you get up and it's alot of work to play around with anymore. It was fun to learn to go wireless but I have the basics and ready to jump so thanks for the push H ;-) guess I will just spend a summer learning how touchy custom is cause I really don't want to buy a board every season as I progress :-( I can't afford that...

Lake, I definitely see where your coming from and for non athletic peeps I would agree. I just think I will progress faster than my bank account ;-)

Bro if you have the basics down your ready an original flyboy would be great if you can find one if not my recommendation is the walker or the soulcraft you will not regret it...........................H

islander033    2

.... The IS version for the simple fact IS makes all their boards in China and the weight of the IS version is almost double of what the original weighs.....

This may be splitting hairs but, are these IS boards made in China or Thailand?

I actually like the durability that a little extra weight brings to the IS boards. I want to buy a new board because I want a new board. Not because I have to buy a new board because it is thrashed after a season or two.

PS. I second or even third this----"we should all just assume that you can not take a little ribbing. Now go have a drink and relax "

I'll even drink one with you :drinks:

LakeSurfer    10

This may be splitting hairs but, are these IS boards made in China or Thailand?

Thailand

truekaotik    458

Nobody has brought up the walker line yet on here but you, I will have to check into them... The link Lake posted has been great. thank you sir

I actually like the durability that a little extra weight brings to the IS boards. I want to buy a new board because I want a new board. Not because I have to buy a new board because it is thrashed after a season or two.

this is intriguing islander, what are you rocking now thats held up for a season or two? Are you saying some customs are way more fragile than other customs?