Randy4life

2011 Avalanche stereo needs help LOL

truekaotik    458

Running 6 JL audio 7.7 will dominate 6 xs-650's inboat..... Just saying

truekaotik    458

1- 13w7 will dominate 2- Xs12's or a XXX also ( which everyone has failed to mention is discontinued) ;-)

Randy4life    0

you can still buy the 13w7 on ebay.... is it marine grade ? what di ppl use to power them?

truekaotik    458

most dont run real "marine grade" subs if you want anything over a 10"... you will be fine running the 13w7 in your boat even though its not "technically" marine grade...JL Audio HD1200/1 is one option... the 13w7 is a monster.....

truekaotik    458

watch buying it on ebay also, you must buy it thru a authorized dealer to get the warranty. wetsounds is the same way... just wanted you to keep that in mind. :sorry: for the bad news....

Randy4life    0

what speaker is discontinued XXX? is wetsounds coming out with all new apeakers and amps this season?

truekaotik    458

Yes, the XXX is whats discontinued, they r coming out with a few new products soon, but amps will be the same ...

truekaotik    458

if you got time wait a month or two Randy and see if you change your plan buddy.... :drinks:

Randy4life    0

so safe to buy SYN amps and the REV series towers for now but wait for everything else to see what comes out then.... thats not a bad idea and cheaper too :)

truekaotik    458

so safe to buy SYN amps and the REV series towers for now but wait for everything else to see what comes out then.... thats not a bad idea and cheaper too :)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

truekaotik    458

Oops:o

Edited by truekaotik

Randy4life    0

OK so little update i ended up getting H20's pair of PRO485 im gonna order a SYN4 to power them and leave everything else this season then next season change everything... Simply because wetsounds is gonna change the look of their SYN amps sometime this year and their XXX sub is discontinued and the new REV410 is coming out.... So this season just gonna leave it with the tower getting the upgrade of 2 PRO485's then next winter sell the PRO485's and SYN4 amp and do my custom stuff with 3 paris of REV10 and a REV410 and the all new looking SYN amps i dont wanna have the old models in my new install that would upset me so looks like i gotta wait :(

kinda at a loss for getting subs now i really wanna do a full wet sound install and now they gonna change the look of their subs :(

ANYONE mounted 2 PRO485 on a GladiatorTower yet? im worried about drilling it cause i wanna change the setup next year and it wont use the same holes if i drill the tower is this a problem would it make my tower weak with a bunch of holes that are not in use? can you repair the tower if you drill and tap it?

LakeSurfer    10

ANYONE mounted 2 PRO485 on a GladiatorTower yet? im worried about drilling it cause i wanna change the setup next year and it wont use the same holes if i drill the tower is this a problem would it make my tower weak with a bunch of holes that are not in use? can you repair the tower if you drill and tap it?

I will be very surprised if you can hand 2 Pro 485s on a Gladiator tower. I think the only thing that you can do with a Gladiator tower is hang one on the center of the tower (you will have to tap the tower to do it). You would be able to hang either 1 or 2 pair of Rev 8/10s on the sides.

Edited by LakeSurfer

h20king    794

Randy I had no idea you had the gladiator tower have you talked with wetsounds to make sure they will fit??If so then you should be OK I have just never seen it done.If wet sounds says they will fit I think your in luck.Drill the tower and install a threaded insert it should not effect the strength of the tower.Also if you are planing on upgrading to the 410's in the future the rumor is the housing is the same size only the front has changed so the mounting locations should be the same.I will have a set as soon as they come out so ill keep you posted

truekaotik    458

I do not have a gladiator tower so I am no help sorry :-(

As for the syn amps, I have not heard this yet? I know of another line of amps but they r not the syn line or better... Them pro485 should rock!

Edited by truekaotik

Randy4life    0

OH no LOL i talked to wetsounds about the SYN amps changing look in the near future they called it cosmetic changes.... im very curious to see whats gonna happen with these PRO485 and my tower got me a little worried now

Are they even gonna fit side by side ?

LakeSurfer    10

Are they even gonna fit side by side ?

You should call WS and ask. But from just looking at my tower, I dont see a way in which you can mount 2 Pro485s on a Gladiator tower. If you could, I think you would have seen alot more of that set up on a Gladiator (I have actually never seen it. The only think I have seen is a Pro485 on the center with Pro80s on the side).

Randy4life    0

im a little worried now :-o

i found this pic and it makes me think they might not fit together

pro485.jpg

truekaotik    458

David says it possible right here.. I remembered this from earlier which made me believe, yes you can?

Randy4life,

The REV10s with a swivel bracket would allow you the freedom of rotating a pair to the front when needed and serve dual roles. Even if they would be too close together to swivel you can remove, rotate and re-install at 180 degrees.

Its relatively easy to install nutserts (a large threaded rivet) just like the factory speaker mounting hardware so that you are not relegated to the factory locations. This would allow a little more positioning latitude for spacing more speakers on the tower. And its one of several methods to install Pro485s on a flat arch-type tower.

truekaotik    458
im a little worried now :-o

i found this pic and it makes me think they might not fit together

pro485.jpg

That don't look good brother. :-((((