DarksideR    1,679

So the holes ARE a necessity then. Good to know.

Daylorb    3

Love this thread - would love to clean up the wash on the goofy side. Size isn't a problem for us (don't go there), run a simple 700lb in the locker, 400lb on the starboard seat - it is the spray. We were out two days ago looking at the spray and thinking if we just had a deflector, it would clean up. Looked in the forum and sure enough someone else thought of it first.

Has anyone tried the batwing tab btw?

Fresh Fish - any results yet?

Audionly101    39

I used some duck tape this weekend to test my idea, and It did what I wanted it too. I have a 12X12 piece of carbon fiber that I am going to fit into the corner. I will try and do it tonight and Get pics.

Ubugme2 any word on your cover you fab'd up?

boardjnky4    8

Ubugme2 any word on your cover you fab'd up?

Very interested in this also!

kskinner    1

Unfortunately my "grand" idea of the longer plate didn't quite do what i wanted. While it cleaned it up a bit, it also muted the wave quite a bit. I converted to a fixed plate that is the same width as the flat part of the hull at the back. It extends approx 2" past the transom. I have a switchblade now and love it. The wave is fairly clean and huge. Thinking about a rightsurf next year, but not sure yet.

tombugg    7

Anyone have any success on the right side (Goofy Wake?)

volzalum    280

Tom,

There are several on here with the standard plate and LH V-drives that have great goofy wakes. It takes a little more weight, and some bow weight and ouster weight, but does a great job. If your want your best possible wave goofy wave, the RH V-Drive is the best option. If you don't mind experimenting with weight placement in the boat, it is fairly easy to get a great goofy wave with a left hand drive.

The tests and mods we re all doing are to try to make the goofy side wave match the regular side wave on LH drives. Tat doesn't mean we don't have great goofy side waves.

My recommendation is max out your ballast capability on both sides of our boat and add some capability for bow weight. Then try this year with the LH rotation and experiment. Set it up for regular surfing so you can see your boats best wave, ten try to duplicate that wave on the goofy side. If you can't, then switch it to a RH rotation.