Joe B    17

Why mount on the port side only? I would think this would be a helper to the goofy wave if mounted starboard side???? Port side wave is simple to dial and smooth. I need the blade for perfect goofy.

@Dunny: You'll love the switchblade. The faster you go the more blade you can use. Skim at '2', Surf at '4+'. A longer wakeplate also helps keep the spray down and wave rolls farther back. Clearance from transom to switchblade is 14.5" (I have a 14" fixed plate, but 12" would also be fine).

Wiggles    2

So I got my new plate all mounted up yesterday, can't wait to try it out tonight.

post-1090-0-57080300-1315580714_thumb.jpg

post-1090-0-32225500-1315580718_thumb.jpg

post-1090-0-65179600-1315580720_thumb.jpg

post-1090-0-15826700-1315580723_thumb.jpg

Wiggles    2

Should make a bit of a difference, from the old plate. This is a pic of the wave from the past weekend, I'll get some more with fin and post after the weekend.

post-1090-0-18660500-1315581529_thumb.jpg

post-1090-0-33846700-1315581531_thumb.jpg

post-1090-0-83509100-1315581633_thumb.jpg

DarksideR    1,679

Looks like someone was enjoying my board! LOL. Hurry up and post up your results! I'm sure you're still on the river though. :Rockon:

Wiggles    2

So I don't know if I could be any happier with the plate, it did everything I wanted, sent the spray more to the dark side,cleaned up the wave and helped lengthen out my pocket as well or at least it seemed to. I even managed to finally to throw a 3 down and ride it out. :thumbsup: First one is finally in the books!!! lol, now I make this claim though with no proof lol, we went out yest, and as soon as I got everything loaded up I found out the battery on the camera was dead :wallbash: So I will have to get some pics once I hit the water again tomorrow or maybe wed....

Edited by Wiggles

DarksideR    1,679

ARGGGHHHH! Hate when that happens! Yesterday my gopro battery just minutes before I did one of my best airs to date. Let me know if you got room for me tomorrow. Would like to see this beast in person!

dunny    0

loose the go pros , look into drift innovations, hd 170 , batteries last twice as long, can change batteries, zoom in out, check your angle in the view finder, turn it off an on with the the remote, mount with any camera mounting system, waterproof, an hands down a better quaility picture. an the rotating lens makes it easy to mount any where an still get a good shot. an has a steady shot built in

which reminds me i got to go find my mine before the snow starts fly, just like the go pro it aint tree proof !

Edited by dunny

dunny    0

Why mount on the port side only? I would think this would be a helper to the goofy wave if mounted starboard side???? Port side wave is simple to dial and smooth. I need the blade for perfect goofy.

@Dunny: You'll love the switchblade. The faster you go the more blade you can use. Skim at '2', Surf at '4+'. A longer wakeplate also helps keep the spray down and wave rolls farther back. Clearance from transom to switchblade is 14.5" (I have a 14" fixed plate, but 12" would also be fine).

yep could mount it on either side, but it is amazing how much of the wave you gain once the rooster is moved over to starboard side ! cant wait to try a switch behind my boat ! thanks !

harlobra    24

The fin works really well. There is a lot less wash on our wave now (goofy side) we were able to get it dialed in so that by the end of the day we were no longer wishing we were regular footers. Here are some pics from the morning we were going too fast at this point - 12.4 - but when we slowed down to 11 later on it was the best we've had yet. I get a lot of flack from the family trying to get pictures with no one surfing so I included one of me in it.

post-3072-0-87950600-1315860125_thumb.jpg

post-3072-0-10978000-1315860131_thumb.jpg

harlobra    24

The fin works really well. There is a lot less wash on our wave now (goofy side) we were able to get it dialed in so that by the end of the day we were no longer wishing we were regular footers. Here are some pics from the morning we were going too fast at this point - 12.4 - but when we slowed down to 11 later on it was the best we've had yet. I get a lot of flack from the family trying to get pictures with no one surfing so I included one of me in it.

post-3072-0-25103700-1315860185_thumb.jpg

DarksideR    1,679

I like what I'm hearing here! Just spent a couple hours on Wiggles boat tonight, and I can tell you, it helped get ALOT of the wash over to the stbd side of the port wave. I will be doing this to my boat for sure! The darkside wash HAS to go!

Side note... 500lbs counter weight proved to be "too much" for the Elite V when Port weight was around 1600lbs plus center tank and no ppl. Ton's of wash.

Wiggles    2

I like what I'm hearing here! Just spent a couple hours on Wiggles boat tonight, and I can tell you, it helped get ALOT of the wash over to the stbd side of the port wave. I will be doing this to my boat for sure! The darkside wash HAS to go!

Side note... 500lbs counter weight proved to be "too much" for the Elite V when Port weight was around 1600lbs plus center tank and no ppl. Ton's of wash.

Dark I think we were closer to 1850 of port weight, but ya we loaded a 550 bag full in starboard side and it definitely proved to be to much.... washed it right out, so I'd say a 370 bag would be perfect size to use in a counterweight locker for the Elite. VERY VERY happy with the wave and only one 400 on the seat and a fat brick in the nose so still room to sit around the boat with just a couple ppl, or with a full boat nothing on seats needed!!! I would recommend this to any of you looking to clean up your surf side.

oh added bonus was you can back up straight now to with a big enough fin I don't know if the smaller ski fin will track the same but mine i can no problem now :thumbsup: really nice for the launching and loading of the boat

Wigs

DarksideR    1,679

oh added bonus was you can back up straight now to with a big enough fin I don't know if the smaller ski fin will track the same but mine i can no problem now :thumbsup: really nice for the launching and loading of the boat

Wigs

That's almost the best part! ... Almost :)

Ramzety    1

as soon as i get a chance i will let you know... I put in a custom sack a few weeks ago and got plenty of push but it was washy so we will see as i need to figure out a way to move the fin from port to starboard while on the boat first...

More to follow

Rich

SMITH    2

I wonder if this could help the enzo goofy wave?

I rivited a ski fin to the starboard side of my manual trim tab. I didn't notice too much of a difference to document it with a picture. So I then moved it to the port side, just to see. It didn't do much there either.. my wife thinks it got worse on the starboard but i didn't think so. I have a picture of the starboard side before and after I mounted the fin to the PORT Side of the trim tab. I have nothing to show of the starboard or port wave with the fin on the Starboard side of the tab. post-1844-0-18348900-1316012281_thumb.jpgpost-1844-0-00965000-1316012491_thumb.jpg

Edited by SMITH

dunny    0

I rivited a ski fin to the starboard side of my manual trim tab. I didn't notice too much of a difference to document it with a picture. So I then moved it to the port side, just to see. It didn't do much there either.. my wife thinks it got worse on the starboard but i didn't think so. I have a picture of the starboard side before and after I mounted the fin to the PORT Side of the trim tab. I have nothing to show of the starboard or port wave with the fin on the Starboard side of the tab. post-1844-0-18348900-1316012281_thumb.jpgpost-1844-0-00965000-1316012491_thumb.jpg

dont know if this might help, the idea of the fin is deflect the rooster tail away from the riding surface of the wave, port an starboard. you wont notice much with the fin if the boat is not weighted enough on the surf side. the angle of the fin (created by the ballast) in the water. this is where the deflection really takes place. if the fin an boat are sitting close to level in the water, general hydrodynamics will take over an the rooster will flow straight off the back of the boat, this will happen if your going to fast as well.

another thing is the fin should not be longer than the trim plate if its hanging off the rear of the trim plate you will loose deflection as well.

an i find it works best mounted directly to the edge of the trim plate, took me a couple of tries to get the right mount point, best of luck

Wiggles    2

Here is a couple pics of the wave now with my fin installed

post-1090-0-41590200-1316019763_thumb.jpg

post-1090-0-69898100-1316019768_thumb.jpg

post-1090-0-99888500-1316019779_thumb.jpg

DarksideR    1,679

Funny thing is, those pics (wiggles) don't show it at it's best. Not sure if it was subtle difference in speed or weight or even direction we were traveling on the river, but there were times that the wash was completely knocked down before the surface of the wave. Will try to find some shots of it.

DarksideR    1,679

Ok, here's one still grab from the video before we got too much counter weight in the boat.

... uhhmm, not sure how to post a picture now. LOL. Looks like you have to create a gallery under your profile and post from there.?