h20king

Elite V custom ballast

tprice    118

It's broken and it hurts. Lol

h20king    794

Well the custom sacks finally came in from wakemakers here are a couple pics and I'm sure once T puts them in his boat he will be dieing to try them out so new wave pics will follow shortly LOL.............H

post-777-0-53106300-1308080032_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-13788400-1308080068_thumb.jpg

h20king    794

total length is over seven feet......................H :clapping::clapping:

post-777-0-09738000-1308080151_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-90887400-1308080260_thumb.jpg

Edited by h20king

DarksideR    1,679

Rehatching this old thread as I am planning on going custom this winter and Tprice and H set the standard on the EliteV ballast install. Had plans of changing to an Enzo, but that's looking highly unlikely :(

Was wondering what kind of pricing I'd be looking at and also wondering how my measurements line up with these.

I made my theoretical bag a little larger to hopefully fill all crevices.

Body is 23W-21H-52L (the 750lb bag that I've been using is 20x20x50 and there's a bit of room... not much but hey... gotta fill it!)

Arm is 21W-8H-42L

2 fills 2 drains 1 vent

Any suggestions or thoughts?

duramat    462

Army you using that fly high 370# under the seat (ski locker)?

DarksideR    1,679

I don't have any bags under the seats. I use bricks right now on the starboard side. Growing tired of that. Can the stock ballast puppy be made reversible? Was thinking I'd use that with the 370 under the port side instead of going custom. Custom for starboard side only.

tprice    118

Darkside, I think adding a bit to the measurements is a good idea just don't over do it. The seats will get pushed up and even though I know the bags are sturdy, I get a bit nervy about them getting pinched or rubbing against something they shouldn't thus getting a hole in it.

I have decided that next year for sure I am going to get about 400 lbs in pellet bags. Add them along the inside wall ,down the length of the boat. When the bags fill they will press up against the bags.

I've been playing around with the weight and when I add a bit. More weight to the side, as close to the wall as possible adding more of a lean to the boat, I end up with zero white wash or spray.

We have done this on my buddies 247 bu and stopped using the center ballast. Just keep all weight on the side and end up with a super clean, long wave

PayCheck    20

Well the custom sacks finally came in from wakemakers here are a couple pics and I'm sure once T puts them in his boat he will be dieing to try them out so new wave pics will follow shortly LOL.............H

question, isnt there a barricade preventing the rear lockers from under the seats?? in our boat there is, and i dont know if its okay to remove. looks great, am interested in customizing a bag like the enzo sac for our boat if the barricade is removable.

PayCheck    20

hmm pictures of the sacs from the quote didnt work ^

DarksideR    1,679

Thanks for all the info Tprice. Definitely don't want any holes! I tried sending you a message but it wouldn't work... you full? Curious about price.

PayCheck, those dividers come out very easily. I believe there was maybe 3 screws holding them in place. Makes it possible to put wakeboards and surfboards in there. And, what pictures are you talking about?

PayCheck    20

i will probably take them out then. they dont have much structural significance then? i was talkin about the pictures H posted that went along with the text i quoted, im pretty sure theyre pictures of a blown up enzo sac. post 42

tprice    118

Paycheck, the pics H posted of the blown up sac is my custom elite V sac we had made. Yup, we took out the dividers as they really provide no structural support.

With our measurements, it pretty much fills the entire space.

tprice    118

Darkside, I will have to check my receipts and see what the cost was. It was all just a big blur of $$$$$ with the stereo install at the same time as well.

I have all receipts at my office and will check them out on Monday. ( 3 day weekend of surfing) and PM you.

H, do you remember? if so feel free to post.

tprice    118

Darkside, I have to mention something about putting your boards in the lockers. We were out on my buddies 247 for a day of surfing. Once we were done for the day he put his 1 week old new FLYBOY board in the rear locker. Well, something happened and his ballast switch got flipped thus filling up his rear locker. With the stereo going no one heard it filling and snapped his board in half. $800.00 mistake.

As you can imagine, we don't put the boards in there anymore

PayCheck    20

i have ALMOST had that happen to our board, thankfully it was sticking out but it was flexing a little. was in my cousins locker, thanks for the info. i will hopefully be lookin at some new sacs then

DarksideR    1,679

My eyes are literally popping out of my head while reading that! MAN THAT SUCKS! I usually stuff the kids kneeboard in there and sometimes my wife's phase5 when traveling to the lake. All boards go into the racks when on the water. Except for my shred Stixx!