BigWillOKC

Help with boat set up and new wakesurf board please?

BigWillOKC    1

Mine is 22 inches high and by the time the bag expands with water in it fill all the way up and the locker just closes. I like my locker closing, but if I had 24 inches and the locker popped open that would not be that big a deal.

I guess my decision wold be based on how desperate I was for weight.

I want my locker to close so I'm going to go with 22" when they call back. Worst case scenario i can throw one of my 400 pounders on the seat...

LakeSurfer    10

i can throw one of my 400 pounders on the seat...

you will do that also:)The more addicted you get to surfing, the more weight you will run. Here are my set ups

1. Family/out with my 5yr old and 2 yr old (about 1,600lbs)

1,400lbs custom Avy Sac

250lbs center tank

2. Weekend Warrior (about 2,200lbs)

1,400lbs custom Avy Sac

250lbs center tank

400lbs on surf side seat

155lbs fat brick on swim deck

3. Comp wave (about 2,800lbs)

1,400lbs custom Avy Sac

250 center tank

400lbs on back seat

500lbs on surf side seat

250lbs in bow

Bigcatpt    408

you will do that also:)The more addicted you get to surfing, the more weight you will run. Here are my set ups

1. Family/out with my 5yr old and 2 yr old (about 1,600lbs)

1,400lbs custom Avy Sac

250lbs center tank

2. Weekend Warrior (about 2,200lbs)

1,400lbs custom Avy Sac

250lbs center tank

400lbs on surf side seat

155lbs fat brick on swim deck

3. Comp wave (about 2,800lbs)

1,400lbs custom Avy Sac

250 center tank

400lbs on back seat

500lbs on surf side seat

250lbs in bow

My set ups are almost identical to Lakesurfers #1 and #2 above. I have never gone heavier than about 2200 lbs of ballast weight. With people were are very close to his #3 set up......

LakeSurfer    10

My set ups are almost identical to Lakesurfers #1 and #2 above. I have never gone heavier than about 2200 lbs of ballast weight. With people were are very close to his #3 set up......

I am generally riding with just 1 or 2 other guys so we dont have a lot of people weight (+/- 400lbs). If I do have a larger crew, the weight on the seat would come down some. I also hardly ever ride #3 because you have to tape up the vents and really watch the rollers. Trevor and I do ride #2 all the time.

duffymahoney    10

I am generally riding with just 1 or 2 other guys so we dont have a lot of people weight (+/- 400lbs). If I do have a larger crew, the weight on the seat would come down some. I also hardly ever ride #3 because you have to tape up the vents and really watch the rollers. Trevor and I do ride #2 all the time.

I run every time we go out. If we have a small crew I don't always fill the bow sac and put a 450 on the surf side seat.

1500 custom avalanche sac.

250 center tank

250 in the bow side sac on surfing side.

225 on swim deck- Fat brick with 100 pounds of lead in it.

2-100lb lead bars on the floor on surf side.

So roughly 2500. Then 3-5 friends. Wave is epic.

BigWillOKC    1

Ok so i have a question for you guys with the custom sac. I just went to storage before finalizing my order and measured my space again. My rear port side storage next to the engine compartment should have no problem with the 52" long and 24" wide, but from my floor to the bottom of the hatch lid is only 20". And this is to the bottom of the fiberglass lip that goes around the hatch. Is this consistent with what you guys have? Will the bag fill up and spread out more length and width wise and thus make the 22" height fit or should i order it at 20"??? Thanks!

LakeSurfer    10

I would order it at 22". You can always put less water in it but you cant make the sac larger once you get it.

Bigcatpt    408

Ok so i have a question for you guys with the custom sac. I just went to storage before finalizing my order and measured my space again. My rear port side storage next to the engine compartment should have no problem with the 52" long and 24" wide, but from my floor to the bottom of the hatch lid is only 20". And this is to the bottom of the fiberglass lip that goes around the hatch. Is this consistent with what you guys have? Will the bag fill up and spread out more length and width wise and thus make the 22" height fit or should i order it at 20"??? Thanks!

Yes mine measures the same at the fiberglass lip. Order it at 22. It will bulge up in the middle to fit the available space. You will not be disappointed!!!

BigWillOKC    1

Thanks guys....going to order it at 22. Got quite a few projects going on this off season and i'm looking forward to warm weather. Dropping my teak swim platform off tomorrow to get coated with Rhino Lining, ordering the custom sac first thing Monday, and just ordered a large long sheet of black Sea Dek to trim and put on my ski locker door and step. The sheet was only $70 bucks but a custom job is closer to $200. I will see how the piece i cut myself holds up this summer and if it does well i will order one with centurion logo during next off season.

duramat    462

Rhino lining it works,,,but man its slippery and easy to fall on your arse! EXTRA CAREFUL

BigWillOKC    1

I've heard the Rhino lining is a little softer than line-x as in it is a little bit cushy when you step on it. Is that true?