elc

PO Off Topic High Jack Thread

i liked it better when the "what boat should i buy" thread was around.

not only was it the only one po ever posted on, but it was a running start to the longest thread alive.

seriously po, i just think everyone here is here to discuss what the thread is discussing.

yes, we all put a joke in each one of them, but the last thing we say in that post has to do with that thread.

i think that noone would care if you put in your .02 IF you always came back to what the post is asking for.

if it's babes and bikinis, dont talk about how you cant get out because of gas.

or if its like the longest boating season, dont talk about how you want it to end due to gas. if thats the case, just dont take your boat out anymore.

im not bagging on you, i think youre a cool guy.

but everyone here wants their information and then goes on to give their own advice.

if you really want to BS and post random posts, go to WW and piss off those guys.

WakeDoc    471

Nothing wrong with any of those skills, read what I said "skills that will earn the money you want" you talk about money all the time and seem to have the need for a lot of it.

As far as stress goes, LMFAO put a $100 on table and we will compare war stories and let everyone vote on who has more stress, winner takes all.

I GIVE UP, just trying to give you sound advice and help you get on track, screw it just keep blaming everyone else for your life, not your responsibility right?

rawinnin    73

Here is the reality of this post:

Big Po is the whipping boy for the crew. Whcih he happens to set himself up for in many ways: which boat should he buy, gas money, personal issues, family problems, whatever it maybe.

I agree this post should be his personal Blog.

This way when any of the other crew members feel bad about their life they can hear about Po's.

Big Po    1

That last post reminds me of an Allman Brothers song.....Something about a Whipping Post.

Yes Doc, I'm sure being older and married and having kids you have more stress then me. I do appreciate the offer for help.

I was just saying that I have alot of stress on me.

Yes, I am the "whipping boy" for the forum....Or so it appears I've been dubbed. But I still deserve to be treated like everyone else.

I will refrain from posting in anymore threads other than this one since my thought patterns are so erratic.

Wow, reading all of this I am starting to feel sorry for myself.....

Po - Honestly - sell your boat! You do not need it. You can't afford it and it is driving you crazy! My old man told me a true statement a long time ago and it has stuck with me ever since. "Peace of Mind is better than a piece of tush any day" You might be thinking what does that have to do with a boat. I will tell you. It means that if something is going to cause you heartache, headaches, worry, etc.. then get rid of it. You and your boat are becoming your own worse enemy. No one on here is doing it, it is just your luck. WE all tried to tell you back in the beginning to look for a good used boat. Go out of town, look at them first before tell someone that you want to test drive it (Doc said that). But you are stupid! You do not listen to people that are OLDER than you WISER than you and just might KNOW MORE than you. We have all been down the road that you are walking now and we know all of the pitfalls, shortcuts and pot hole in the road of life. To this day, I still ask my dad and counsel with him on certain matters. Not because I am stupid, but because I am smart enough to know that he has been in that situation before. It is called honoring your parents and being smart, not a smart tush.

Po we are a family here. A family of boaters that enjoy the sport, like meeting others, and asking for advice and using that advice to better our situation. We all are/were trying to help you and you slammed the door in our face. So you are getting what you reaped.

My very first boat, I built myself out of scrapped wood. Didn't float very good, but it cost me nothing. My grandpa bought it off of me for $5.00 to use it as scrap wood for the fireplace. I saved that $5.00 and worked my butt off until I bought a small dingy. I kept on and on until I worked my way up the ladder, just like a lot of others did on here.

Talk to the FP guy on here and get some real sound advice and I am sure he will tell you to sell your boat or get another job. Remember you can fix your financial situation, but you can't fix stupid.

Think about it brother!

With that said, how about that ACC College football action this past weekend?

Big Po    1

I don't watch much ACC....Primarily SEC football.

Why would you feel sorry for yourself? The military pays all yall VERY well...That just happens to be the career path you've chosen, and it is a lucrative one.

Edited by Big Po

duramat    462

Po, we love ya! :cheers:

Admin, could you make some "Got Po?" stickers for our vehicles? I'd gladly buy some and half the proceeds could go to the "fill the go po Bo(at)" fund. :Rockon:

Big Po    1

LOL! That's funny right there. "Got Po". HAHAHA!

Big Po    1

Random though: Since I'm allowed to do this in here.....

This site seems to have gone dead since my world's longest thread closed.....There don't seem to be as many people jumping on and conversating like they were......Granted 98% of them were b*tching about me and how I was an idiot.....But still the site was fired-up and running well, and there was always something going on. Now it just seems like everything has dropped off.

elc    2
Random though: Since I'm allowed to do this in here.....

This site seems to have gone dead since my world's longest thread closed.....There don't seem to be as many people jumping on and conversating like they were......Granted 98% of them were b*tching about me and how I was an idiot.....But still the site was fired-up and running well, and there was always something going on. Now it just seems like everything has dropped off.

I think its the time of year... most boating sites will start slowing down after labor day.

Big Po    1

Really? I'd have figured that since they can't be on their boats, they be talking about them on sites......

WakeDoc    471

Most people have other hobbies in the winter, we are still riding for the most part... :surfing2:

Big Po    1

I would be....but my lake is a tributary....Therefore they drain off alot of water during the winter months, so the water goes way down past our pier.

I hunt and fish during the wintertime.

PO - I am not in the military full time. I am in the AF Reserve. Part time. I do not do it for the money, in fact, the check that I do get from it goes into my son's college fund. It isn't that much money. I do it because it is the right thing for me to do. I am giving back so that others like you can enjoy the freedom and owning a boat and going out with your family(s) and being part of a life style. I also do it because if it wasn't for one soldier, I would be dead right now. I have 25 years in and have enjoyed every minute of it and recently signed up for another 8 years. I feel, personally, that everyone, male and female, need to enlist for at least one year once they hit 18. I think it will shape up this nation and cut down on a lot of crime and misfortune. It will make people work instead of living on a hand out. Most of all, it will make people respect the USA and why I/Soldiers do what we do. I just found out this past weekend that I am going over seas to Afghanistan. Did I mean woman, hell no! It is my duty and job! Will I miss my family, YES! Will I be taking a pay cut, YES! But I will be making a difference in some soldiers life when they come to me for medical attention. Who knows, I might be the one that saves that one soldier that may live on to become the President of the US, or develops a cure for cancer or who has a family back home with 2 kids or who designs the next Enzo or Avalanche, etc. I will go and I will come back!

Big Po    1

I enlisted in the Marines. I wanted to be a sniper. They refused to take me for several reasons. 1) I've had pluricy (lung disease), 2.) last of my last name, 3.) only child.

Well, I do salute you for serving your country, and for having to go overseas and do your duty. I have many many friends who have done so, and are fixing to do so.

I have another buddy who is in the Army Reserve, and he get's paid from them almost as much as I make every month......Plus he gets paid to go to school, and he has a regular job making awesome money.

It may not be considered ALOT of money to you, but when it's almost the amount of my monthly income from my 7-6 job (sometimes 12 hours or more), then it seems like alot of money to me.

Edited by Big Po

Wow, I've been reading this post about Po's difficulty with his tough life at the age of 24. Po, you really need to grow up. I left my parents house 2 months after graduating high school, educated myself, started my own business at the age of 22 and have been self sufficient throughout. My parents always had boats a cottage, etc growing up, but I had my priorities which were mostly preparing for a financial secure future. I didn't have a boat until this spring when I could pay cash for it, at the age of 33. Sure, I've missed out on my "prime" wake boarding years, so now as an old man, I mostly surf. :surfing2::animier:

I agree with everyone posting on this board about what you should do. You shouldn't have to worry about how you're going to pay for gas in this $40,000 depreciating asset. MOFOPO, take tprice up on the offer. Set up a long term plan for financial stability, you'll be much happier in 10 years taking his advice than staying on the current path.

One thing I'd like to point out:

...yall are older than me and more "settled" in your well-paying jobs....And I don't make much money b/c I work for the family business, therefore I get a raise whenvever they "feel like I've been improving" instead of on a professional basis like most other jobs.

Instead of posting 955 times in the last 117 days, try to help your parents grow the business and/or reduce costs to improve the bottom line for everyone. I agree with them. Show us you're worth more and we'll pay you more. It's not only in a family business, it's in business in general.

Columbian, I really admire what you do for all of the citizens of your country.

Edited by CdnWakesurfr

Big Po    1

This was not another thread for yall to start your b*tching about my life and the way I run it.......

I do appreciate the offer. I do my job. Right now we are really slow, and there is not much work for me to do. So, I am doing what I was told.....Keep busy if there's nothing to do, make it look like you're busy.

Edited by Big Po

This was not another thread for yall to start your b*tching about my life and the way I run it.......

Well then, don't air your dirty laundry for everyone to read. I know way too much information about you MOFOPO because of your 956 posts. We're just trying to help you to prevent a very realistic financial problem from happening in your life.

Honestly Po, I hope business picks up.

We really are the "peanut gallery" sitting back watching what's going on in your life. Cautiously do what feels best moving forward and think about the future, not the present all the time (not that you do all the time :surfing2: )

Edited by CdnWakesurfr

Big Po    1

Thanks. I know. I wasn't necessarily b*tching about having no money...Like it appeared I was just being sarcastic and making fun of myself for doing something dumb.

I know it wasn't the smartest choice, but I did it, and now it's mine to finish. I will pay it off, and when I do....I will start looking into houses, and possibly a different job. Once the boat is paid off, I can afford to be a little bit risky with my occupation, b/c I know i can always come back here.

Since this is the new MOFOPO thread, I haven't seen and "action" shots of you in your boat on the water. Do you have any or just of the boat on the trailer?