rod

Centurion Carbon Pro

I joined this forum just to see more of the Carbon Pro. I currently have a Response LX and if I was upgrading today would pick the CP over a new Response LXi. Can't wait to see it in person let alone ski behind it.

Troy    234
I joined this forum just to see more of the Carbon Pro. I currently have a Response LX and if I was upgrading today would pick the CP over a new Response LXi. Can't wait to see it in person let alone ski behind it.

Welcome to the club. The CP is bad!!! :thumbsup:

Kevin Baugh    78

Don't forget this is a hard core slalom boat hat is intended to pull tournaments

and would be used on a lot of purpose built lakes.

The back board is required by usawater ski to be in the boat at tournaments

so Centurion made a place for it to be stowed out of the way.

Its not open bow because they only want 2 or 3 people at the most in the boat

Heck they would hook up a hose to a gas tank on the shore if they could make it work

As we all know the less weight the smaller the wake and that is what they want.

Having said all that I would be building a slightly larger version with an open bow

for the families that want an inboard

Don't forget this is a hard core slalom boat hat is intended to pull tournaments

and would be used on a lot of purpose built lakes.

That is exactly what is drawing me to it!

Kramer    0

WOW the CP looks awesome! and Kevin those videos were great, nice footin by the way. I know the big hype this year was the nautique 200 and the CP looks like a smoother wake, and about 20k less! That dealer in FL has for about 48. I'm stoked Centurion is making a direct drive boat again, I for one was pissed when they stopped the hard core slalom boat, the T5. But Centurion is back! Good work guys and gals. Hopefully we'll get back into AWSA tourneys!

Kramer

jipster43    0

Under $50,000 with the 409 and all the other bells and whistles is well below the price of the competition. I'm also drawn to the closed bow. 3 event boats with open bows scare the bejeebers out of me, and I honestly don't see the point. If you're dragging the whole family around, you probably need to look at another sort of boat. The folks I know who have 197's or LXi's all have the open bow simply for the resale value and never actually use them.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2011-CEN...on-Pro-97414225

Bob LaPoint said he really enjoyed skiing behind this boat and the driver was equally impressed with it's driving characteristics. I own another brand of boat, but I am a huge fan of any inboard and hope this boat can really find a market.

JP :thumbsup:

Kevin Baugh    78

The Carbon just went through the AWSA boat test with no problem

khaos    0

Is that going to be back at Waters Edge in Illinois for 2011?

Kevin Baugh    78

A few more pictures of a new carbon pro

I love this color combo and the seadeak is much better

That's a nice looking boat. I'm not a fan of a closed bow but like the looks of that one. What are the side thru hulls used for? (shown at about 8 seconds) I'm sure one is for the bilge pump but what about the other two? One of them looks like it has some sort of cap. Just curious. I didn't think this boat had ballast.

Kevin Baugh    78

there is an option for one ballast bag that is used to help level the boat not to make the boat bigger

the bag is in the storage behind the observers seat

Cottonwood    0

there is an option for one ballast bag that is used to help level the boat not to make the boat bigger

the bag is in the storage behind the observers seat

After 20 years on Nautique's promo team, I just placed my order for a 2012 Carbon Pro. I'm fortunate to have the opportunity to drive and ski all of the "Big 3" and the Carbon Pro is a solid alternative. The rudder has been modified for 2012 which makes it track better. The wakes are as good as the SN200 w/o the cost-prohibitive fuel consumption. The wakes are much better at all speeds compared to Malibu and MC. Build quality is on par w/ the competition. Nautique's $50k promo price for a stripped 200 was the final straw. For me, a boat is simply a tractor to travel 2100' on a private site. Open bow boats w/ tons of options simply do not make economic sense to me. The CP is right on target for those of us who simply need a quality ski boat that everyone (regardless of speed/line length) can perform well behind. And, at a good price point, resale should be easier as well.

Kevin Baugh    78

Glad to hear it Welcome to the team!!

Keep us posted on the new boat

Skibumm    184

Can anyone describe to me how the gunsight works?

Cottonwood    0

The gunsight is a good idea that some will use and others not. It all depends on your line of sight and what you typically use to center your path. I've driven the boat in several events and never used it. Once I receive my 2012 (in three weeks), I'll try and utilize it.

Cottonwood    0

Picked up my 2012 Carbon Pro this weekend and took it directly to a collegiate tournament at University of Louisiana, Monroe. Lots of compliments from the skiers / drivers. Several PB's (some into 39-off). I'll be using the boat for the two record tournaments at my site this weekend. The other boat will be a Ski Nautique 200. It will be interesting to look at the scores at the end of the weekend. Also, to hear feedback from the skiers. The SN200 is considered the premier slalom boat currently. We'll see how the CP stacks up.

I think Centurion's theory is that they are building a tractor type boat for the die hard, private lake, tournament skier. A limited number per year. Not a mass market boat. So that is the reason for the Back Board, as it is required to be at the tournaments by AWSA and the closest boat at most times to an injured skier is the tow boat. I understand that the board can be removed and there is ski storage behind it. So that is a good thing.

I have not seen one in person but being and "Old" 3-Event Skier, I really like what I am seeing.