rod

Centurion Carbon Pro

Kevin Baugh    78

from what I hear it is 20' 3" long and 90" or so wide

It is carbon infused so it will be very light but I have not heard that number

It could be that it is in the final prototype phase and they will not know the actual weight

until they go into production....just a guess

MCskiFREAk    0

As a Naval Architect that works with advanced composite technologies, and an avid skier I can tell you that this is a marketing gimmick. This boat is going to be light yes, but the problem with close molded carbon hulls are their stiffness. This is not an issue in a large boat, but something the size of a 3 eventer is going to vibrate like a tuning fork if there is even a ripple on the lake due to that stiffness. They would have been better off with an advanced hull form in close molded glass.

MCskiFreak,

From what I have heard the boat is vacuum bagged system, and the Carbon Fiber is just a part of the graphics, not the structure of the boat. The stripes you see on the side and on the deck are Carbon Fiber with Clear Gelcoat over it so you can see it. The bagging is what makes the it less weight and increases the strength. I give them credit to start out with a small boat as their first vacuum bagged boat. By new EPA laws coming they will have to more than likely go to this type of process to build all of their boats. So they can start small and work it up the line in time to meet the laws.

Seems odd that this is your first post and you are bashing a boat that has not even out in the market yet.

Let's all just wait to see what it is like and what the 3 event skiers think of the boat before we start trashing it. I understand that they will be at Surf Expo next weekend and will be offering test drives and skiing behind the boat. I am sure the word will come out then on how good or bad it is.

Let's all go out this weekend and have some fun.

Kevin Baugh    78

Yep you gota love a guy that makes his first post about a process that he does not understand a boat he has not seen or skied!

Now if the wind would just stop blowing we will head out on the water

MANDC    0

Thats a good lookng boat. Any ideas on price?

Kevin Baugh    78

I am not sure what they will be selling for at dealers but I think the MSRP is in the upper 50's

Kevin Baugh    78

Centurion did their homework on this boat I can't wait to hear what the skiers think of the wake!!

It is a great looking boat and would look great on a lift next to the Enzo!!!!

Looks good! What's with the back board in the boat? Is it that fast that if you fall they want to make sure there is not a spine injury?

h20king    794

I love the looks and styling of the boat and am happy to see centurion once again offer an inboard but $50,000 plus I could see $38,000 but over fifty is crazy and the $85,000 price tag on the 2011 240 enzo is ridicules I love that centurion has upped their game as far as quality but fear they are pricing many families out of the game and forgetting about their core group of buyers who have supported them for so many years

Kevin Baugh    78

This is boat that will be pulling tournaments the AWSA requires that a back board is in the boat.

Kevin Baugh    78

So the built the boat so the back board could be easily stored not just thrown in the boat

Audionly101    39

Amazing looking boat! X2, love the colors. I see a few thru-hulls in those pictures. Does it have a counter balance ballast system like a few of the other 3 event boats have? Also are those rear facing lights on the engine cover? Kevin you have the right idea, a carbon pro with a matching enzo 240 next to it to make you decide everytime you walk down the dock which one to use.

Kevin Baugh    78

Yep it has a counter balance ballast system

Not sure those are lights

Enzomatic    1

Is that Eb driving the boat? I bet this is his new favorite model!

Troy    234

That boat is Gorgeous! Not a boat I could have unless I lived on the lake (not enough room inside) but I love the way it looks.