Sign in to follow this  
kmoney

Dead on water... for 5 mins

kmoney    2

This has happened twice to me. Middle of a session, boat is turned off, rider jumps in, boat will not restart. Makes sound like it wants to start but wont. A few trys later and turn the key and the boat doesnt make a sound at all. Give it a minute or two and the boat makes startup sounds but will not turnover. By this point rider is getting cold and annoyed and swims in. Eventually after giving it enough time it barely starts I give it the gas quickly and we are in business. Do you guys have any ideas? Could this be a fuel problem / fuel filter problem/ or maybe water seperator issue?

Troy    234

The Filters are Cheap to change and good insurance. Also check the Lanyard for the kill switch and the throttle, make sure it is locked in neutral. But the same type thing happened to me and it was a loose battery cable.

Edited by Troy

check the Lanyard for the kill switch and the throttle, make sure it is locked in neutral.

^2 what he said

Foiler    1

Not fuel or anything like that. It has to be Starter, Battery or electrical between the two from your description.

What is a start up sound when it will not turn over?????

David    0

If it was my boat I would replace the battery, if that doesn’t help then I would move on to either the starter or the starter solenoid.

kmoney    2

chug chug chug chug.....

kmoney    2

and fuel pump noise and PP fires up