Auldman    0

I was out playing with my boat this weekend and it was acting a little strangely...It came with an ACME 525 prop (13.00\11.50-.080cup) and it was showing RPM's over 6000 with more juice still in the throttle. Wrong prop? Bad RPM cable? Bad guage? The boat was running w\ no ballast and only me in the boat. This was my first full day on the boat so I am just getting to know her. Thx.

WakeDoc    471

6k sounds high, how fast were you going?

bcollins    18

I run the 525 and I have never seen close to 6000 rpms but I have experienced some funky readings on my tach. Do you have PP? If so, put it in RPM mode and compare. I get a much more accurate reading from my PP. My tach reads high, I give it a little tap and it drops down 1500 rpms, so I don't give it much credit.

Auldman    0
6k sounds high, how fast were you going?

32-35ish. I am suspecting that the cable is bad.

Auldman    0
I run the 525 and I have never seen close to 6000 rpms but I have experienced some funky readings on my tach. Do you have PP? If so, put it in RPM mode and compare. I get a much more accurate reading from my PP. My tach reads high, I give it a little tap and it drops down 1500 rpms, so I don't give it much credit.

Unfortunatley, no PP to compare by. Does your Cyclone have the gear reduction tranny? I wonder if that makes a difference?

Edited by Auldman

LakeSurfer    10

I never take mine over 5200 rpm. I think I was told 5400ish rpm will make the alarm go off.

bcollins    18

Transmission is 1:1.

Definitely running under 4000K for around 30mph. Don't remember exact number, closer to 3000k if I remember correctly. Then again my tach is wacky.

Edited by bcollins