Kevdawg62

whats that sound when i turn the key

Kevdawg62    0

yesturday while starting up my boat, i had a buddy ask me what that sound was during the start up, not while cranking but when i turn the key to the on position. It's always done it so i know its normal, just never really cared about what it was until my friend asked and i didn't know. I think its like the fuel pump starting up or charging with fuel, it sounds like a pump or a bilge pump kind of. If you know what it is i'd love to know.

Also while i was at the lake last year we got stuck in not being able to start the boat, it would crank but not start. I realized after awhile i wasn't hearing that sound when i turn the key to the on position, I went to the back and wiggled all the connections and then it make the sound and started no problem. Is there anything thing i should replace or have on hand in case there is something that might be going out?

thanks for your knowledge in advance.

Kevdawg62    0

No my dad said it sounds like a fuel booster. I've heard the perfect pass wined up it's not that

h20king    794

correct every time you turn the key on the pump will cycle and pressurize the system it is located by the v drive starboard side.also you should check all connections to make sure there tight as part of your summer service and make sure your lanyard is connected properly if not boat will not start