boarder250    0

We were out on the water this afternoon and everything was going until we hit a branch while towing a wakeskater. I am always having to dodge branches and am surprised this is the first time I actually hit something. When I got home I took off the prop and there is very minimal damage to it that is hard to find. Is there any chance that the shaft is also out of line or would just swapping out the prop fix it? The vibration is not noticeable at really slow speeds 7-8mph but once I start to plane out I can tell that something is definitely wrong. I will go to the Mastercraft dealer (no centurion dealer anywhere near me :crybaby:) tomorrow and get a new prop, what size is the best for the sv230?

elc    2

Try getting the damaged prop fixed and then use it as a spare. I really doubt anything else is damaged... I have had to repair a few props from hitting various things on our river.

bcollins    18

sounds like exactly what happened to me; however, I only noticed the vibration while weighted down. Was your boat loaded up when you felt the vibrations or whatever you noticed? Anyway, probably the prop. I could barely tell on my prop as well, but did see slight bends in one of the blades. Anyway, like Elc said get that one fixed for a spare and then get one that best suits your boat, someone on here should know or maybe do a search.

Joe B    17

Yep, replace prop and get that one fixed as a spare.

If weighted down and surfing, Acme 1579 is choice for your ride. I have the 1631 which is same size but more cup so I get a bit higher end 2mph.

I got mine from Wakeside and they didn't have it in stock so shipped direct and they price matched which was the same as their advertised price but free shipping. If they don't list it call them and they will get you a very good price. Only saw it one place cheaper but couldn't get them on the phone so that threw some red flags up not to do business. Call Acme if you are looking for something else.

boarder250    0
Yep, replace prop and get that one fixed as a spare.

If weighted down and surfing, Acme 1579 is choice for your ride. I have the 1631 which is same size but more cup so I get a bit higher end 2mph.

I got mine from Wakeside and they didn't have it in stock so shipped direct and they price matched which was the same as their advertised price but free shipping. If they don't list it call them and they will get you a very good price. Only saw it one place cheaper but couldn't get them on the phone so that threw some red flags up not to do business. Call Acme if you are looking for something else.

Right now I have the prop that my boat came with which is an Acme 817. I would order it online but i need a new one for this weekend. Is the prop that my boat came a pretty good all round prop. I want a prop that is good for wakeboarding as well as surfing.

Joe B    17

817 is alot of top end. Have you weighted your boat down and surfed with it? If so it probablly was slow out the hole and plane.

Coming from 817, 1579 would probably be too extreme. Great holeshot for any sport but really going to lower your top end speed. I'd call Acme and figure out something in the middle pitch wise. Just saw this site and never did bus with them: http://www.nettleprops.com/store/m/21-Acme-Props.aspx?pi=3

Depending on how bad the shake, I'd run a slightly rubbed prop over the weekend. I don't think you'll find a replacement in time. I recommend getting a prop puller for sure or make sure you know someone you can borrow from.

Edited by Joe B

islander033    2
....Coming from 817, 1579 would probably be too extreme. Great holeshot for any sport but really going to lower your top end speed. I'd call Acme and figure out something in the middle pitch wise. ......

537 would be you next step down in pitch, if you didn't have too many issues with your 817 then this would be an ok middle ground with decent top end.

I don't do too many highspeed sports anymore so I would go straight to the 1579 or 1631.

boarder250    0
537 would be you next step down in pitch, if you didn't have too many issues with your 817 then this would be an ok middle ground with decent top end.

I don't do too many highspeed sports anymore so I would go straight to the 1579 or 1631.

I just got back from the dealer. They didn't have another in stock to buy but they did have a loaner. The loaner isn't the greatest prop but will at least get me through the weekend until my new prop gets in. I don't go with a ton of weight in my boat so I probably wouldn't need a 1579. Would the 537 still be good for wakeboarding? I haven't had any issues with my prop so I might keep it the same.

islander033    2
...Would the 537 still be good for wakeboarding? I haven't had any issues with my prop so I might keep it the same.

Yes it would wakeboard you just fine.....better than the 817 IMO.

boarder250    0
Yes it would wakeboard you just fine.....better than the 817 IMO.

I tried to put on the loaner prop but it did not fit (it was touching the hull). So I called the malibu/supra dealer and I think they have a 537 in. We Went to pick it up but we got stuck in a thunderstorm with zero visibility on the freeway, so it looks like I will not get a new prop until tomorrow.

bcollins    18

Probably want to consider as well that while you many not currently run alot of weight you likely will want to at some point in the future. Wakesurfing requires alot of ballast from the onset, wakeboarding only gets better with weight and as your skills progress so will your desire for a better/larger wake. A prop built for this will give you the ability to grow with it as opposed to one that will give you more top end speed. There really is little risk vs. reward because you only lose a little off the top end and if you're like me, and a lot of the people on here, you're not driving over 30mph very often anyway.

Edited by bcollins

boarder250    0

I don't think that I ever go over 30mph. I might go 25-27mph driving out to my surf/ski spot. Would the 1631/1579 still be able to pull a wakeboarder? If so I think that I will probably get one of those two because the other day when I added extra sacs in my boat and it drove horrible, I didn't have any power at all on take off.

islander033    2
I don't think that I ever go over 30mph. I might go 25-27mph driving out to my surf/ski spot. Would the 1631/1579 still be able to pull a wakeboarder? If so I think that I will probably get one of those two because the other day when I added extra sacs in my boat and it drove horrible, I didn't have any power at all on take off.

My top speed is 35mph via GPS with a 1465 which has the same specs as the 1579.

You can probably go a bit faster with the 1631 due to more cup.

boarder250    0

Does the 1579 only work good if I have a ton of weight in the boat for surfing. Because I don't always run with tons of weight.

islander033    2
Does the 1579 only work good if I have a ton of weight in the boat for surfing. Because I don't always run with tons of weight.

It's good as long as you never have to go over 35mph.....

boarder250    0
It's good as long as you never have to go over 35mph.....

Cool that sounds good. I will call the dealer tomorrow and order the 1579. The mastercraft dealer actually has pretty good prices for acme props, I think they said $450 for one.

elc    2
Cool that sounds good. I will call the dealer tomorrow and order the 1579. The mastercraft dealer actually has pretty good prices for acme props, I think they said $450 for one.

$450 locally is a good price.

MANDC    0

My boat goes 41 mph with the 1579 AT 5000 rpm. Still not at rev limiter. Boat weighs 4500 pounds dry. Great prop. usaully cruise around 32 t0 33 mph.