enzo23    0

Does anyone know if there are any greese zerks on a 2005 enzo.

thanks

kgordon7378    0

The only ones I know of are on the dripless packing on the driveshaft. Two on the rudder, and for each hub on the trailer axles.

Rudder port has one or two. I do not remember now how many. But they are there. I put a pump of grease into them every year at Winterize time.

superdtf    68

Those are all I've found as well. Get a helper to rotate the shaft when you do that one. In fact, there are several good threads in the forums and the Inland Surfer guys made a Youtube video on it as well. I prefer to un-snap the carpet and remove the long center floorpiece - it dosn't take long and it gives me a perfect look at it.

duffymahoney    10

Mine doesn't have a grease zerk on it. Is that wrong? 2003 Avalanche?

kgordon7378    0

dripless system or old style packing nut? new dripless has grease fitting for the seals, old packing nut uses the wax rope, thus no grease needed.

enzo23    0

Thanks for your help. I could not find a grease zerk on my drive shaft either. Must have the older style also.

kgordon7378    0

If your packing nut looks like fire's in this other thread, then you have the older packing nut

http://www.centurioncrew.com/Water-Shaft-t2472.html

If this is what you have, then it will not have a grease fitting, nor will it have a water line going to it. It should have a wax style rope inside the packing nut in which will wear with usage. You can tighten then glad a few times. Once it bottoms out, then you need to replace the packing rope. You should also have a few drips from this system, as water needs to flow thru the system to cool it.